RPL 2013-2014 thread

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by wiz0rd, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Dmitriy

Dmitriy Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    loden, if Russia is so wide open then why is the league so low scoring? btw Dinamo was playing arguably the worst team in the league, newly promoted Ural.

2. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Yea that's what's funny, criticizing a newly promoted sides defense. Secondly there was nothing wrong with the defending tactically, Real and Bayern would've had the same shape. Only argument you can make is the CB could've won the header....

3. Dmitriy

Dmitriy Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Yea it was a great , unexpected strike. The defenders aren't going to commit to every shot from that far out anyway, Voronin was like a mile from goal lol.

4. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    ********, you guys are just waiting to jump on every little detail.

Did I say it was a bad strike? No, I said it was a nice strike.

I saw a lot of space defensively, and I called it. End of argument.

I don't know the back story, on who got promoted where in the RPL.

What I do know is that they do not close down in the RPL as hard as they do in the UPL.

RPL is a more technical/tactical oriented league. UPL along with EPL and MLS are the three most physical leagues and defensive leagues where the defender is on your heels 99% of the time if you're an attacker.

5. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    5 yards of space to the nearest attacker gives a professional player an eternity to receive the ball. It's plenty of time to shoot off the 2nd touch, which all strikers love to do.

Close marking is when you barely have the time to run through ball (knock it into space on the first touch somehow, control it/pass it on the 2nd).

Closer marking is when the defender has your shit tail in the ball of his fist, or has his hand wrapped around your bicep so that referee can't see.

So don't tell me that was tight defending.

6. Dmitriy

Dmitriy Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Alright, alright.

7. Dmitriy

Dmitriy Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
  8. Shevafan

Shevafan Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    But why are you bringing this up? It's still irrelevant how much space he had! He struck it as a one time shot! If he had a defender 5 yards from him or 1 yard form him he would of still scored!

9. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Wow totally Voronin's fault lol hope he's ok

Btw that's really f'd up the players are wearing gloves in Sept. Hot girls bundled up 8 months out of the year is the worst part, just isn't right.

10. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Hollywood, FL, United States
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    If he had a defender in his face, he would have had to work to receive the ball and shoot it. A defender in his face would mean no shot at all.

11. Dmitriy

Dmitriy Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Dude have you heard about CSKA not having a decent field to play on in the CL? We have to play in Piter because Loko refused to lend their stadium and all thje other pitches are shot. what a joke lol.

12. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
  13. Circa 1985

Circa 1985 Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    So Berdyev got sacked. End of an era. Rubin appears done. No one wants to play in Kazan.

14. Dmitriy

Dmitriy Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    They still have a history of finding lower-profile foriegn talent. But yea no way top Russian players would ever go there (maybe the likes of Bilya, Fayzulin, Bukharov, etc.).

15. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Oh wow.. what happened? I don't follow the RPL very closely, but I always really liked this coach. I guess, the fact that my father is from Kazan has always made that club kind of special to me. Plus it didnt hurt that they beat Barca in the CL a few years ago.. ;)

16. Dmitriy

Dmitriy Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Don't have money to dish out, best players are left or are leaving. It's sad to see Berdeyev go out this way though, he's done a good deal for them and was basically the club symbol.

17. Dmitriy

Dmitriy Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Unfortunate news as Ilya Tsymbalar has passed away from heart complications at the young age of 45. He played for both Chernomorets, Spartak, and Russia, and was known for his technique.

18. Circa 1985

Circa 1985 Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Rubin are good defensively allowing a league low 14 GA, but they only have 21 GF and 11 of those have come in 3-0 win against Ural , 3-0 win against Amkar, and a 5-1 win against Anzhi. So aside from those games they have really done not much of anything besides an early season win against Zenit. Plus, 8 times they have been held scoreless in 19 games.

19. Circa 1985

Circa 1985 Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
  20. Circa 1985

Circa 1985 Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Salomon Rondon to Zenit on a 5-year contract for a 16 mil transfer fee.

21. Dmitriy

Dmitriy Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Two Russian internationals moved. Shirokov > Krasnodar (loan) and Kozlov > Dinamo.

22. Circa 1985

Circa 1985 Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Berdyev hired as a consultant by Anzhi - first game for them after winter break, Rubin.

23. Dmitriy

Dmitriy Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    They've pick Bilyaletdinov up on loan as well.