RPL 2013-2014 thread

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by wiz0rd, Aug 8, 2013.

1. wiz0rd

wiz0rd Member

Sep 5, 2009
    Moscow
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    No thread yet? weird! 4 games into the season there has been some interesting developments.

Anji is falling apart, everyone is for sale. Denisov screwed up yet another team and is off to Dinamo looks like it.

Dzubya biggest sensation of the start so far. 6 goals, 2 assists in 4 games. Same with Danny...6 goals in 4 games. Rostov is tied for 1st with Spartak, Anji is in relegation zone.

Vagner Love left to China, Honda is leaving, Anji stars leaving.....RPL is losing it's color again :(

2. Dmitriy

Dmitriy Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
  3. Dmitriy

Dmitriy Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
  4. Slitty

Slitty Member

Apr 17, 2005
    Russia
  5. Dmitriy

Dmitriy Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
  6. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Even funnier since my first time seeing that gif was literally earlier that same day. For some reason I was watching best of Balotelli clips lol

7. Shevafan

Shevafan Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Voronin scores probably goal of the season:

8. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nice strike for sure. But DAAAAMN. That is some loose defending. No wonder Aliev was like a top player in the RPL.

9. Shevafan

Shevafan Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    How the hell is defending even relevant in this goal, he volleyed a one timer perfect shot from like 35+ meters! Turning into goliath as we speak, blaming every goal on the defense instead of actually praising the attacking player.

10. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Hollywood, FL, United States
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Staying ignorant, I see? The fact that Voronin was able to receive a pass without any resistance in a prime shooting position is ok with you? Sure, Voronin's one-time strike was perfect. But he also had time more than enough had he chosen to stop the ball, make a comfort touch and THEN shoot. This is lax defending. Loden is right, and you are, as usual, wrong.

11. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Wow that was ridiculous

Lol at Aliev & Voronin just running riot in the RPL. That's so weird.

12. Shevafan

Shevafan Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Wtf are you talking about? 35 metres is prime shooting position?! And he didn't stop the ball, he volleyed the shot with a one time touch! Thinking of a scenario where he would actually stop the ball is irrelevant! And even if you do, a defender was running at him so that isn't even true!

13. Shevafan

Shevafan Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Yeah except when Aliev's shot is off he becomes a complete sack of shit running around. He literally has no use other than long shooting.

Voronin surprised me. He scored 0 goals for Fortuna last year and barely played too, while breaking rules, getting fined by the team. I thought he would definitely end up finishing his career at some mediocre club. I think the fact that he retired from UNT might of helped since now he just concentrate on finishing his club career. Or maybe he is actually hoping to get recalled for UNT if we make it to Brazil, which personally I am usually against since I never like it when players that contribute zero to qualifying, get called up.

14. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    did not say stop. Plus, the ball was no more than 25 meters away. And the defender was at least 5-8 meters away at the moment of the shot. Not to mention that Ural's whole defense is running back with their heads turned towards the goal. There is so many faults with them that it is almost as bad as your ignorant drivel.

15. Shevafan

Shevafan Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Karpaty Lviv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    It was more than half way from the net to mid line and that is probably at least 30 m which is still irrelevant because even 25 m isn't where you would expect someone to volley a shot from. And there is a defender right beside him to the left of him, slightly behind, who would definitely make it difficult for him to shoot if he ended up actually stopping the ball and then choosing to shoot. The fact that you actually want to argue about what would of happened is pretty sad. There is nothing a defense could of done to stop that goal, other than maybe not allowing Kokorin to actually win the header. Still it's almost idiotic from my part to actually watch this video again for defensive mistakes. Proving you wrong in your own created football universe is pretty damn stupid.

16. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Yea after a wasted season last year I thought he was finished, thinking Chernomorets would be ideal for him to finish his career. He's been ballin in Moscow, I still remember how supremely confident and skillful he was 2 years ago. That coach fuked up when he benched him, threw off the teams flow and morale.

Lol...I don't know why loden was critical of the defending. Like you said, only complaint was to win the header. CB's had good shape, if Voronin took a touch the LCB would've closed down on him. G74 having a vintage throwback performance in all threads today lol

17. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    What's even more sad is that you believe that defense could do nothing! yes, they could be on him as they retreated as they should, they should not just retreat facing their own goal! Not a single defender within 5 meters (or more!) at the moment of the shot! Voronin is less than 10 meters from the penalty area!

And you know what is more idiotic of you? That you watch the video and still see nothing. Now that is just dumb! Or blind?

Or are you just so stubborn that you stare right at the evidence and choose to see nothing? And argue just for the argument's sake...

18. Dmitriy

Dmitriy Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Lol!!! Apart from his set pieces Aliev was absolutely useless.

19. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Well, 14 goals and 8 assists in only 1 season would suggest that he wasn't useless.

20. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Yea Aliev scorch earthed RPL that year, his team sucked too. 14 & 8? Lol jeezus, freaking Juan Mata over there

21. Dmitriy

Dmitriy Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    I remember him sucking and kicking the ball really hard.

22. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    I was merely making a comparison to how teams in the UPL play against DK. And I am giving credit to Voronin.

I'm just used to there being a defender right on your attacking players heels, and to me seeing this kind of space and time for an attacker is a luxury.

23. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Besides, it's a well known fact that defenses aren't as tight in Russia. That's why teams there play more open and attacking football. It's not as ridiculously open as say in the Argentine league, bur is still pretty damn open compared to Ukraine.

24. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    #24 loden, Sep 17, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
    Also, I personally play flanker or CF in an indoor league, so I know what no space looks like first hand and that was a lot of space by any standards.

25. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    His nickname was Jabulani, because apart from his knuckleball shot he doesn't have shit. I am so glad he is done at DK. And yes, he is a little bitch too.