Rothman's Medal 2013-14

Discussion in 'Games & Fantasy' started by DrHeckle, Aug 24, 2013.

1. 1800-WorldCup

1800-WorldCup Read Nomadic Gatherings - TravelNotes.org/magun

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    If there's a wine shortage...... try a drop of rum.

:laugh:

2. DrHeckle

DrHeckle BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Well well well, we are finally back in business. With all these International Breaks , it is not hard to lose one's rhythm quicker than our Island Hopper on a Bavarian dancefloor.

That is my excuse anyway, and a pretty pathetic one at that. I look at my team and it is kinda like looking in the mirror each day. It kinda looks Ok, but you know there is something not quite right but you just can't put your finger on it. Sure, compared to past years it looks pretty crappy but you gotta make the best of what you got.

Seems like Suarez is the flavour of the month, as opposed to back in May when flavour of the month was " Ear -o- Ivanovic". Surely the universe has to come back into alignment:
    • Suarez will do something dumb
    • Aguero and Rooney will get inured
    • Southampton will start being crap again
    • Spurs will actually score some goals
    • BiggerDinghy will stop being damn 23rd in All Rocks ! :mad:
    Anyway, dribble over. Updated sparkly glowy Medal table can be found at link below.

https://docs.google.com/a/loanmarke...E2cDNSMFItcW9JTFV5U1VXOGc&usp=drive_web#gid=0

1800-WorldCup repped this.
  3. 1800-WorldCup

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    All I want for Christmas is.... some better Big Soccer forum software..... and a bigger dinghy to fall out of.

DrHeckle repped this.
  4. JediSoccer

JediSoccer Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Spokane, Washington
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I just got some inside information that ColdDogSoup contains PEDs. One of the toy poodles drinking the stuff is now the size of a Rottweiler and was clocked at 90mph. I demand an investigation!

lobomojo and DrHeckle repped this.
  5. 1800-WorldCup

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It seems if you want to win this thing, you need to stock up on Palace players.

Bonus (vs West Ham)
    Speroni (2)
    Ward (2)
    Moxey (2)
    Delaney (2)
    Gabbidon (2)
    Bannan (2)
    Chamakh (3)

DrHeckle repped this.
  6. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    :confused:

7. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    3 Weeks of updating has been completed.

Cold Dog Soup (99pts) is running away with proceedings with a huge 12 point Gap back to FC Springfield and Awesenal (both 87).

NameChangingHoppingRoad (85) is letting Suarez drag him up the ladder, while Top Shelf & Muppets (81) are hanging in there despite a bad run of injuries/rotation/Soldado stinking it up big time.

Out favourite dymamic duo, Rafs & Mals ParraRaiders (76) are also riding the Suarez wave, as Mal's Monday morning texts keep reminding me. I swear I saw a trickle of wee wee coming out of my phone, Mal was wetting his pants that much when the 5 goaler occurred.

Fc St Pauli (73) has had a bad few weeks with Injury and captain selection issues, and good old Soldado fading away worse than my 3 iron.

Good to The Jedi Master (72) hanging in the top 10 and he will be hoping Mata does matter and Jose keeps giving him minutes for Christmas.

Rounding out the Top 10 , we have Not-A-Cisse (71) who is clinging on despite 2 x donuts in Weeks 13 & 14.

Full pretty Table is here so you check out how good/bad you are going. Looking forward to the Man City Arsenal game in 3 hrs time.... which is 10.45pm my time :cool:.... normally Ok on a Saturday night for me but after last nights Christmas party shennanigans, 10.45pm seems a lot later than is usually does. Brig out the matchsticks!

https://docs.google.com/a/loanmarke...E2cDNSMFItcW9JTFV5U1VXOGc&usp=drive_web#gid=0

frasermc and lobomojo repped this.
  8. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I feel cheated*, I want 3 weeks of your hilarious wrap-up smack talk as well....:D

*seriously, must be a lot of work thanks for running this

9. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Life/ work starting to smooth out so wrap up smack talk, hilariousness and all will be back next week.

frasermc and lobomojo repped this.
  10. 1800-WorldCup

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    When I won't be around to read it; or Suarez goes into a Navidad sulk.

DrHeckle repped this.
  11. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Rothman's Medal - Top 10 -Week 16

1st (=)- Cold dog Soup (Small)) - 99
    This week: 0pts- ..... Must be tough up there at the top when you can score a big fat donut and still lead the competition by a considerable margin (I remember those days!)... but unlike me back in Splinters days, Soupy has the whole League being extremely active and no one in his league has "dogged" it at all.:rolleyes:.. *coughcough**. But all Blech directed stabs aside, how Mr Soup is leading this comp at all, let alone easily WITHOUT actually having Suarez in his team says a lot about his eye for talent.. almost as good as my wife's!;)

2nd (+5) -ParraRaiders (Sand) 91
    This week: 15pts (3pts- Suarez, Gouffran, Fernandinho, Shawcross & Whittingham).... well, well , well, when half your team (goalkeepers do not count) score not just Bonus pts but all 5 of them score the maximum points you know you are in for a good week. And Mal/Rafs Combo did not disappoint with a huge 101 pts to rise within 6 pts of the ALL Rocks League. Rafs eye for a good player coupled with Mal's skill of actually updating his team each week is proving dividends. Only 6 trades since the draft, so nice work! I am sooooooo waiting for this Suarez bubble to burst though. C'mon, surely this has gone on long enough. :whistling:
    3rd (+1)- Who Am I.... Who Am I Really? (VSR) - 91
    This week: 6pts (3pts- Suarez & Ramires).. Mr Identity Crisis is another riding the Suarez crest, and quite frankly another who I wish ill will on and hope Suarez bites someone's whole head off.. ears are for amateurs! But just to prove that his team is not simply Suarez's bitch, my old pal Ramires actually contributes something and scores his first goal of the year.... I think he can open his eyes now... ahhhh that's where the goal was. Phewww... luuuu..cky !
    4th (-2) FC Springfield (Small) - 90
    This week: 3 pts (3pts-Suarez) ... when your only bonus point getter is Suarez you are simply not trying hard enough and from now on any team who does that is getting a Marcel Marceau comment from me. You may sense a theme throughout this post of some Anti Suarez rhetoric , and that is only because.. well because I cannot stand the bloke, and at the same time am quite frankly extremely envious that I do not have him in my team. Those are some polar opposite emotions and really annoying me.:confused:
    5th (-2) Awesenal (Dust) - 87
    This week: 0pts - Sonabert Mark II has a blip of a week and turns in a big fat zero. Is carrying Sturridge and Boruc on long term injuries and now has Paulinho suspended, but one thinks he could easily ditch the latter without too much danger of someone picking him up. Drops from 1st place in Dust to the resurgent YellowCakes in what is a pretty close league, apart from the bottom 6 teams:laugh:
    6th (-1) - Top Shelf (VSR) - 84
    This week: 3pts (2pts- Rodrequez; 1pt - Berbatov)... mmmmm good to see Berby get amongst the points, even if it does help out my VSR nemisis, Mr Middle Shelf. Like a lot of teams it seems, he has some decisions to make as he is carrying RVP, Gerrard and now Kosceielny & Paulinho who will not play this weekend. I personally think RVP has seen better days and he should be cast aside, especially considering his big price tag.:sneaky:
    7th (-1) WhatABunchofMuppets (Sand) -82
    This week: 1pts (1pt - Marshall) .... in a similar vein to FC Springfield dribble above, if a GoalKeeper is the only BP scorer you would normallyget the silent treatment from me, but since it is my mate the Muppet we will carry on. Kermit has a few decisons to make also, and if I could only remember the PM's he sent me I would know what he has done this GW so far. Has Gerrard, Zabaletta & Aguero out and those are 3 players you really want to keep so will need to make sure that the other 11 are nailed on starters... oh well at least 10 of them as he does have Soldado who seems to score the same whether he starts plays or not.
    8th (=) - FC St Pauli (Small) - 75
    This week: 2pts( 2pts- Coleman)....Applause for the week to Mr Pauli who skippered Coleman to a nice 20 pts.... golf claps all around. Shame the rest of his team had the week off, and he has now slipped down to 6th in Small Rocks, and 2 points above relegation where he will have to play against Hal & the gang next year:eek:
    9th (+9) - YellowCake Phantoms (Dust) - 74
    This week: 9pts (3pts - Hooper, Suarez & Whittingham)... Another team who did not muck around with those pesky minor bonus points , with all BP getters getting maximum points. Due to my penchant for only watching the fancy games, which is why my squad only has 3 players form the bottom half of the table, I would not know the Sheriff of Whittingham or Mr Hooper if I fell over them.. but good to see the latter has moved on from his General Store on Sesame Street. I am oblivious to them, but they sound like honest , hard working toilers who thoroughly deserve their good results due to pure determination.... bahhhhhh. they have no place on this Boat. Give me Berbatov & Taarabt any day!
    10th(+6)- -DavidLuiz+10 (Small) - 74
    This week: 8pts ( 3pts- Hooper; 2pts-Dyer& Silva; 1pt-Berbatov)... ahhhh, hi ho Silva is back amongst it. I actually watched the Man City/Arsenal game but cannot recall Silva and not sure how he conjured 2 points here. He scored a goal , yes , but played only 70 mins and nothing else statwise apart from get a yellow card. Mr Luiz had more than half his team score 6pts or more, but his captain armband landed on Remy who doubled only 2... doh!

Full Table in all its fanciness is here:

lobomojo and frasermc repped this.
  12. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    kopiteinkc repped this.
  13. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  14. JediSoccer

JediSoccer Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Spokane, Washington
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    It's feast or famine on Tatooine nowadays. The Hutts are really clamping down, making life difficult for us Jawas. Mos Eisley has, indeed, turned into a wretched hive of scum and villainy. :(

DrHeckle repped this.
  15. frasermc

frasermc Take your flunky and dangle

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    I miss the hilarious updates on the top 10. This latest update would be as good a time as any to start them again I feel... :whistling:

lobomojo and DrHeckle repped this.
  16. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Score well did we Mr Fraser?

An update will be concocted for sure.... only plus to FA Cup/International weekends is the extra time to write such drivel. :cool:

JediSoccer, lobomojo and frasermc repped this.
  17. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    You know when it is 4am and you can hear that annoying bird outside your window....squawking in time every 3.8 seconds. You think it annoying at first.... but soon get into the rythum and start to go to sleep. Then that bird stops (you think on purpose)... and that is more annoying, not only cause you were getting used to it, but mainly cause you know that it is going to start squawking again soon when you least expect it.

...then in doesn't, so you think."gee I hope the bird is alright and am eagle hasn't swooped i and ate it", the as you drift back to sleep.. "SQUAWK!!!"... and you hate that bird again!

Well, this is kinda like that ...;)

FC Springfield is taking all before him and leads Small Rocks, All Rocks, and more importantly the Medal. Although Top Shelf has put some strong score together and is joint top.

Last few GW's will be interesting, with everyone scrambling trying to get 11 on the pitch for GW28, and then 5 on the pitch for GW29, then the impending Double Games Weeks that will follow. I hope to rise from my pitiful 18th in All Rocks and 5th in VSR. I feel like a penguin ion the desert but this year has proven a tough task.... it is hard being in a League where other people actually make trades :p

Table is updated and below. Good luck in the forthcoming weeks... we will all need it :confused:

frasermc repped this.
  18. frasermc

frasermc Take your flunky and dangle

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Top ten!!

Yeah Baby!!

Get in there!!

You bet your ass I'm staying in the top 10!!

Denis Horan and JediSoccer repped this.
  19. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Going squarely against my fathers advice of " if you can't do something properly do not do it at all" , I have gone and updated the Rothman's Medal Table in not very proper fashion at all . I have adjusted the Top half (16) with the last 9 GW's scores (yes I was that far behind), and the Top 10 below materialised.

Given there is a 30 point gap between 1st and 10th , it is safe to say that the winner will come from somehwre out of these 10, and since Mr Shelf is 12 points ahead of 2nd place, he can start preparing a spot on himself for the Rothman's Medal!

Apologies for this year not being as side splittingly funny as past years, stupid life and work have impeded my hilariousness, but I tend to put a stop to those pesky intruders next season and focus.. focus... focus on All Rocks , and this beloved (by me anyway) Medal Update.

1st- Top Shelf VSR 207
    2nd- Awesenal Dust 195
    3rd- BiggerBoat VSR 194
    4th- ParraRaiders Sand 193
    5th- ColdDogSoup FC Small 190
    6th- Glory Daze FC VSR 189
    7th- ChrisSuttonsSlippers Sand 187
    8th- FC Springfield Small 185
    9th WhataBunchofMuppets! Sand 180
    10th- KeyserSoze Wanderers Dust 177

kopiteinkc, frasermc and Sonabert repped this.
  20. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Top Shelf won the Medal in 2013/14... one for the archives.

The Medal will continue in 2014/15 and be back to its side splitting worst starting about Week 2 or 3 ( I am on holidays for a week or so at Season kickoff) :thumbsup:

frasermc repped this.
  21. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Oh crap, has the season started ? :confused:

22. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    No I am not dead (hey stop booing!);)

I am playing catch up to update the Medal Table and once done will post a hilarious write up, much better than that other dribble dished up by the one who calls himself some sort of muppet.

:whistling: ... oh crap, I look like 1800 putting a whistle at the end of each post :laugh:

1800-WorldCup repped this.
  23. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Well, well ,well... no not 3 holes in the ground, but all those wells are really not enough to highlight the importance the inaugural Rothman's Medal update of this season. some will say it was worth the 12 gameweek wait, others will say it felt like 12 gameweeks to read the darn thing, but one thing is for sure it is back...

Rothman's Medal - Top 10 - Week 12

1st Glory Daze (Small)) - 70
    This week: 6pts (3pts - Yaya & Fabregas)- ..... Dazey is leading All Rocks and I am sure is extremely chuffed at doing so. He is also top of Small Rocks (common sense really when he is top of All Rocks.. shhh:p), and he no doubt quite pleased with that. But when it all comes down to it, he is absolutely tickled pink (not sure what that saying even means... sounds weird?) to be leading the Rothman's Medal as the first numbers are finally released. I find it interesting he has done all this on a paltry 7 transfers , he better be careful or Hal will throw him out for non activineseesss. Either he drafted very well, or is just plain lazy , either way who give a flying as Top of the world is all that matters!
    2nd -Real Newark (Sand) 63
    This week: 7pts (3pts- Fabregas & Rooney ; 1pt - Lukaku).... Bob Newark is 2nd in All Rocks and I am sure is extremely chuffed at doing so. He is also top of Sand (common sense really when he is 2nd in All Rocks and the leader of All Rocks in in Small Rocks.. derrrr). Fabregas is the common theme amongst our top twoers here, and that figures as he is 3rd only behind Sanchez and Sir Leighton Baines when it comes to BP's racked up this season. I remember when Bob was a wee whipper snapper back in Dust days, oh how he has grown !;)
    3rd - Aviators (VSR) - 62
    This week: 2pts (2pts- Kane).. Hal's young gun forward, Sugar Kane, grabs the only points this week for Hal, but that gets him enough to hang onto 3rd spot here. Hal is getting a bit creative now, dumping Southampton players as their fixture list is a bit hard, and loading up on swansea as he sees an easy fixture list for them. Be interesting to see how that plays out for him, I personally hope Swans get tonked in their next few games and southampton win 8-0 each week, but what do i know ?:confused:
    4th - Real Mos Eisley (Sand) - 59
    This week: 3 pts (3pts-Sissoko) ... young Jedi has ignored by brilliant facebook message I sent him last night, and I will forgive him only if he has been watching the 1:16 Teaser Trailer for Star Wars 7 on loop. A bit like myslef, he has been sweating on Walcott & Baines being fit. I recall an email from Jedi 4 months ago that Walcott was almost ready.... ready for what I am not sure, but it does not seem that is was ready to score any FPL points!:mad:
    5th - Pittsdelphia (VSR) - 57
    This week: 5pts - (3pts- Fabregas ; 1pt- Bony &Lukaku) ..... looking at Pittsys team I can not for the life of me see how he is 3rd in VSr and 8th overall... I mean really. For starters he has absolutely no players at all that I have in my squad..... oh, hang on.... yeah now I see it !:geek:
    6th - Potomac Highlanders (Dust) - 56
    This week: 8pts (3pts- Hazard & Eriksen; 2pts -Kane)... Nice work from the Rookie, having both Spurs scorers in his team. also skippered DukesOf , doubling up his 11 pts. I figure Poto must be a relation of some sort to Tiago Llori as he is in his squad, but is actually on a season long loan at Bordeaux... geez even I know that!
    7th - FC Weymouth (Sand) -55
    This week: 7pts (3pts - Hazard & Agbonlahor ; 1pt - Bony) .... It took my ages to find Weymouth on the FPL ladder.... here I was scouring his usual haunts, you know 31st, 29th approx on All Rocks table. I thought there must have been a glitch on the site or something. Then Kapow.... say whaaaatttttttt ... FCW is up in 4th spot !!! Shut the F up !!! Oustanding work and I tip my hat for what is shaping up nicely as a promotion season, as there is a gap back to 3rd and 4th placed Jedi and Denis the Menace. He is riding the Hazard & Bony train well !
    8th - Bally Boys (Dustl) - 55
    This week:1pt - Lamela....... speaking of people who should calm down.... 5th is All Rocks for the other Denis The Bigger Menace. Wasn't he a 300 pt behind last place last season. Obviously all that training has paid off, and I think he is now in high school so has probably matured a lot over summer break (don't you miss these 'young' jokes Mr Horan )
    9th - Bigger Boat (VSR) - 53
    This week: 3pts (3pts - Eriksen))...Obviously showing that my 25th place in all Rocks is an absolute aberration and in no way reflects my talent (hey who said I would be 32nd if that was the case!) , this 9th place showing here is once again true testament that the Medal is all that matters really.
    10th- Dynamo Teso (Dust) - 52
    This week: 1pt Bony... Tessy is 2nd in Dust behind young Bally Boys and has a few injuries to deal with this week, with Benteke, walcott, Baines, Wellbeck & taylor all having and red or yellow eye next to them.

Full table is here in all its pretty glory ..
    https://docs.google.com/a/loanmarke...VQX0xySk9GNUhBeVYzc1RRU2c&usp=drive_web#gid=0

frasermc repped this.
  24. 1800-WorldCup

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You look like 1800 posting for his own amusement.

:cautious:

DrHeckle repped this.
  25. Sonabert

Sonabert Member+

Jul 29, 2012
    Perth, Western Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    tried to look & got this :-

[​IMG]Drive
    [​IMG]
    You need permission

Your request for access has been sent.

You will receive an email if, and when, the owner of this item approves your request.

After all the waiting & suspense only to be blocked ? Is he upto something fishy I ask myself :confused::whistling: