Rothman's Medal 2012/13

Discussion in 'Games & Fantasy' started by DrHeckle, Aug 24, 2012.

1. DrHeckle

DrHeckle BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    1st- Glory Daze FC (Small) 12pts
    (3pts – Ben Arfa, Odemwingie & Ba; 2pts- Yaya; 1pt – Williams) ..... well you can all now breathe a huge sigh of relief... the Medal is back baby!! And didn’t Glory cover himself in himself with a huge 12 pts to kick us off. He had the unusual situation of getting 2 x 3pts from the same team in the same game; another example of this tricky BP system (shhh Canon). But just think if the silly BP system did not exist, then neither would this Medal, therefore you would not be reading this so in essence you would not exist.. wow .. big ramifications ! Looking at Mr Glory’s team next week , it is looking a lot like Spain; not in talent but lots of red and yellow (from the “i’s) so a wildcard may need to be played early... wouldn’t catch me doing that...:rolleyes:
    2nd-Travel Notes-Org (Sand) 9pts
    (5pts- Ivanovic; 3pts- Petric; 1pt- Torres (really????)... I am not sure what 1800 is more proud of this week.. the release of his best selling book or the fact he is 2nd in the Medal. I would normally say the Medal, but given his book has a few chapters on OZ in it, I will lean that way on this occasion... like I hope the consumers out there do. If his cheery and upbeat contributions here on BigSoccer are anything to go by, I am sure they will be queuing up around the block to grab a copy... I know a lot of fellow Sand managers were in the campout in front of the store trying to get a piece of the first batch :giggle:
    3rd- BiggerBoat (Sand) 8pts
    (3pts- Baines; 2pts- Tommy V & Michu; 1pt – Hazard)... another shiny example of why I love this BP system so much.. Hazard and Torres get the same Bp’s for the week. I know I should not complain when a player gets you 42pts, but there are a lot of things in my life I should not be doing (the coffee and donuts I am scoffing now on top of the beer consumed last night are 3 of them) but I shan’t be stopping them either. 1800 wrecked my cunning plan of trading in a Chelsea defender at 11.29amGMT and then trading them back out again as GW2 opened. Since he took Ivanovic is a late GW1 swoop, I was forced to do the Vidic-Ashley Cole (err yuck) dipsy doodle and could not wait to trade him back out as soon as GW2 opended its doors.. especially after seeing his Perm Mohawk haircut.. ewwwww:sick:
    4th- KeyserSoze Wanderers (Dust) 8pts
    (3pts- McClean; 2pts- Fellani & Tommy V; 1pt- Ashley Simpson) ...it does not take Hally long to get off the carpet, apart from when (after a few too many ales) he performs a re-enactment of his favourite footy players diving over for a try (OZ form of touchdown) , and he proves that here this week. After embarrassingly being the only existing All Rocks member to be left in Dust with his sensational 7th last season, he has come back with a bang here in the Medal. His League position is looking too familiar though with 7th in Dust and 25th in All Rocks. Has once again failed in his Tradeaholics Anonymous course and made 3 trades already this week, taking a 8pt hit unless he belatedly plays his card. He has an eye for talent (unlike his wife) and is assembling a good team, and he could be challenging AC TIG for the title before too long.
    5th- FC St Pauli (Small) 7pts
    (3pts- Nasri & Petric; 1pt- Hazard)..... Watching the Chelsea games, I could not help but wonder if Mata kind of feels like the Smartie did when the M&M turned up?? The winner of the Medal last season (I still think he has the best Avatar ever on Big Soccer) gets into the top 10 here and hopes he is here to stay and defend his title. Is languishing in 6th in All Rocks and is a whopping 29pts off 1st spot so will find it hard to come back from there this late in the season. Is 2nd in Small Rocks, only 1pt behind Blech.. no sorry I was reading the pre-season predictions...:p
    6th- Sasha Juniors (Small) 7pts
    (5pts- Ivanovic; 2pts- Michu)... Mr Sasha is the leader of the not so hard to lead really anyway Small Rocks Division with the brilliant captaining of Ivanovic. Just goes to show the difference in Class between Small Rocks and Dust... leader of Sand skippers Ivanovic.... no one is Dust even has him... awks !!! Better hope Goran and Michu keep up the good work cause the rest of team dragged it a bit.
    7th- Central Park Rangers (Dust) 6pts
    (3pts- Baines & Petric).... wow 2 Dustys in the Top 10.. and a newby at that! Lolshorts (obviously named after my sleeping attire) chimes in here with a nice solid start.. could have been even solider if he had of not left Ba and his 3 pts on the bench. Captained Bale which is a fair enough move, but made what I only hope is rookie error by making Green Vice Captain. Now putting any armband anywhere near a keeper is enough to make me cross you off my Christmas Card list (cough cough Hallycough cough) but Robert Green puts you off the Easter, Halloween and St Patricks Day list also... be careful!
    8th- In-A-Gadda-Da-Eden (VSR) 6pts
    (5pts- Ivanovic; 1pt – Hazard)... I think the BP’s should have been reversed but I have covered that above. No idea who IAGDE is.. it is one thing to change your Team Name, but another to make your new name in Italian so no one can understand it. Had the Goran/Hazard double which seems mandatory to get up near the top in GW 1. Has a huge lead in VSR already so props to our Italian friend.
    9th- Nellie Wanderers (Sand) 6pts
    (3pts- McClean & Nasri).. Ok, it is time for the 23 Managers who Dennis is ahead of to now look in the mirror and ask yourself.... what is going on. The darts Dennis threw at the FPL player list seems to have paid off, he even tried to sign Usain Bolt when there was rumour he was playing EPL?! Actually has a good looking side... the RVP to Man U split up his 3 x Arsenal strikers so now if only Bendter can find an alternative EPL home he will be laughing. Expecting a plummet out of the Top 10 for my Irish cousin here next week but it was good while it lasted mate (that’s what she said)...:ROFLMAO:
    10th- Rockville Gunners (Small) 6pts
    (3pts- Cahill (the one who did not defect to MLS) & Dyer (the one who is not crap)......Canon is left scratching his head not only at the BP system he loves so much, but how he ended up in the Top 10 also. If he can hang around the Top 10, he will make his customary surge late in the year as all those banked trades and wildcards are set free. I am yet to figure out if Canon is a Bizaro BiggerBoat or I am a Bizaro Canon but that debate can be had another day... it’s almost beer o’clock!

The full league ladder can be found here at the usual Google Docs location:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqtRlJ7fu_19dG16OVJ2WE1oRHo3LW9zczYzZEFpd3c#gid=0

2. 1800-WorldCup

1800-WorldCup Read Nomadic Gatherings - TravelNotes.org/magun

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    And to think I dropped Ben Arfa at the last minute or I'd have been rocking this boat. No calls from Sydney, to come back down and do some book signings; and yes Nancy, I was writing about you.

Per - the Danish seaman in Thailand - might be a little upset to have his story told by a second 'writer' who said he was a 'photographer'.

3. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    The Peloton: Position-Up/Down-Name-League-Points Overall-Points This week

11 -1 Rockville Gunners Small 10 4
    12 +11 FC Springfield VSR 9 6
    13 +12 Pittsadelphia FC VSR 9 6
    14 +1 AC TIG Dust 9 5
    15 +3 Top Shelf VSR 9 5
    16 -11 FC St Pauli Small 9 2
    17 +10 ThiKu Mariners FC VSR 8 5
    18 -11 Central Park Rangers Dust 8 2
    19 -8 wewunwunce Sand 8 2
    20 -4 FC Touchline Ban Small 7 3
    21 -4 Kopite Juniors VSR 7 3
    22 = ColdDogSoup FC Small 6 3
    23 +3 Real Mos Eisley Sand 6 3
    24 -4 Aviators VSR 5 2
    25 -1 Lees Summit Rangers Sand 5 2
    26 -13 ChrisSuttonsSlippers VSR 5 0
    27 +5 VegasVirgins Small 3 3
    28 = Tyrant FC Dust 3 1
    29 -10 352 Sizzle Sand 3 0
    30 +1 Smash Ya Out Da Park Dust 2 2
    31 -2 FC Weymouth Sand 1 0
    32 -2 Real Newark Dust 0 0

4. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Rothman's Medal - Top 10 - Week 2

1st (+2) BiggerBoat (Sand) 21
    This week: 13pts ( 2pts- Graham, Michu, Hazard, Vermallen, Baines & Al-Habsi; 1pt- Fellani).. nice to see 13 total BP’s with no 3 pointers, it can only get better :p. And the wildcard pays off for once as 3 new faces poll high in the Espn EA Sports whatever it is that decides Bonus Points ( I guess I should know!) Now I just gotta get rid of Zogs and we are in business... gee Villa look ordinary!
    2nd (+4) Sasha Juniors(Small) 19
    This week: 12pts (3pts- Rangel, RVP & Pienaar; 2pts- Michu; 1pt-Snodgrass)... Snodgrass should get 3pts each week cause of his name... like it! Nani and Lescott getting benched did not help Sasha here as that resulted in him only fielding 10 players as his Reading contingent went out to buy umbrellas. Takes a commanding lead in Small Rocks and I see that Sasha is in the Fantasy Football Scout League... coming 1,656th. If you look a bit further up the table , I don’t know... say about 3rd.. you will find my open team, Anacott Steel,... even got a write up in the Fantasy Footballl Scout Fantasy Focus... ooo I hope I make the podcast!!
    3rd (-1) 1800-Change Your Name(Sand) 18
    This week: 9pts (3pts- Pieanaar, Torres & Tevez)... .off to a flying start here, in Sand and All Rocks and is keeping it close. I was going to say , well at least he has his wildcard up his sleeve, but Mr Nomad has gone and played it this week, with an attempt I am sure to grab those last minute transfers on Aug 31. Just remember you have myself and Jedi to compete with this year, and we are both not beyond taking a 8-12pt hit to get in that special player if we get to have him all year, I recall Matagate aka megettinguptopeeat3amgate, where Jedi beat me and my bladder to Mata by 20 mins.:mad:. Interstingly (or not?) 1800 dumped Mata “cause he was going down in value”..... not sure I agree with this philosophy , especially in a Draft competition, but it takes all sorts of styles to make up this crazy Rocks comp and that is why I love it so. Easy for me to say when you are sitting 33rd in the world (coughcoughmodestycoughcough)... but I am sure there will be a dart, or more likely a javelin through my lofty balloon very soon.:cautious:
    4th (+10) WhataBunchofMuppets! (Dust) 14
    This week: 9pts (3pts- Figuroa, RVP & Torres)... this is the bloke I think will give AC TIG a good run for his money in Dust and they are my early season favourites to get promoted. I was going to write a Dust Squad Review, but it ended up with Morrison’s Sand Draft review on the cutting room floor, so that comment just then qualifies as the review. RVP, Torres and Adebayor can take him a long way I think.. in both Dust and the various tourneys (especially the Golden Boot) so one to watch out for. Mr Muppet is the only Aussie who I do not know personally (or am actually them in disguise.. heh heh heh:ninja: ) and he would have done well back in Splinters where I wisely insisted all teams were named after Muppet characters... oh to be young and carefree again !?
    5th (+4) Nellie Wanderers (Sand) 14
    This week: 8pts (3pts- Figueroa & RVP; 2pts- Jenkinson)...responded to my “who the hell is Jenkisnon text” quite nicely with an equally blunt text “the Arsenal Bloke who got 8pts... in your face”.. which I must admit gave me a giggle :) As lame as my text was, myself and Dennis (or is that myself and I..see below) were a bit puzzled by 1800’s post after Dennis’s trade... it went like this.... “Dennis O’Connor (or whoever you really are) stop being such a muppet!).... mmmmm O k then!?? Speaking of Javelin’s thorough balloons , a javelin would not do how fast he will fall justice.. I am not sure how much damage a cruise missile can do to a balloon, but we are about to find out.
    6th (-5) Glory Daze FC (Small) 14
    This week: 2pts ( 2pts- Yaya)... with Aguero, Koscielny and Terry out “injured” (the “”’ were for Terry), Glory was further setback by the benching of Odemwingie and Chocolate Sinclair. Looks like he may be counting on the same 11 this week again... how long can he hold out before wildcarding it. He has already lasted 1 week more than I would have.
    7th (+14) Bally Boys FC (Dust) 12
    This week:9pts ( 3pts- Tevez & Assou-Ekotto; 2pts- Yaya; 1pt- McAuley)...Mr Bally Boys may have caused some kerfuffle with his Jagielka illegal signing ... then holding.... then holding, but that has not stopped the rest of his team posting some good numbers putting his 3rd in the seemingly very competitive Dust League and 10th in All Rocks overall. Has finally removed Jagielka and replaced him with that cheap Arsenal defender I can never remember the name of... the one Nellie signed above. Has also played his wildcard this week and another I am sure who is sweating on some late moves. Captain Tevez leads the way and he has a strong looking 14 players... and Phil Neville.:notworthy:
    8th (+4) blechs_dawgs (Small) 11
    This week: 6pts (3pts- Tevez; 2pts- Baines; 1pt- Fellani)... pre-season favourite (and my favourite always :inlove: ) Blech rises like a colossus into the Top 10 and storms to 4th in Small Rocks, just waiting to pounce e on Sasha and co. The Captain dart landed on Adebayor this week, to no avail.. I guess Tevez was a bit too obvious. Persisting with the withered looking, own goal scoring Vidic who I must say looks a shadow of his former self. Not sure what he did on his time off last season, but it looks like trips to Jenny Craig and Advanced Hair Studio took up as bulk of it. I could not get him out of my team quick enough when I saw him in that first game... we have an image to uphold here at BiggerBoat HQ... and Nemanja just doesn’t cut it.
    9th (-5) KeyserSoze Wanderers (Dust) 11
    This week: 3pts (2pts- Vermallen; 1pt- Hart)...Mr Hally only fielded 10 players this week as rain in the northwest cost him a few players and Odenwingie not playing cost him another. Got a bit lucky though, as his Captain McLean was subbed in by Fellani as VC who picked up 2x8. Hally (regrettably maybe) pointed out how glad he was that I was not in Dust this year, he said cause I was so awesome at this (ok maybe not exact words;) ) but I think it was more because I was annoying.. Anyway, he certainly has his hands full from the new Dust Members, not in annoying stakes but they seem a very competitive bunch.. hope they do not all drop off the Earth like the ill-fated Splinters League. Keyser is 28th in All Rocks so God knows how he is in Top 10 here.
    10th (-2) In-A-Gadda-Da-Eden (VSR) 10
    This week: 4pts (2pts- Skrtel & Hazard).. obviously that pass to Tevez counted as an assist for Skrtel as he steals 2 BP’s. A solid all round performance by Eden, despite the rain cutting his squad to only 10 players too. Is flying in 2nd in All Rocks and has a 50pt gap at the Top of VSR already.

Full pretty table is here:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqtRlJ7fu_19dG16OVJ2WE1oRHo3LW9zczYzZEFpd3c#gid=0

tarvinodos repped this.
  5. 1800-WorldCup

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I must be drinking what DenocoMuppet sups for breakfast.

He, she (or is it the she-he, lady-boy from the Bali section of Nomadic Gatherings.... and we were led to believe Aussies went to the island north of Darwin - there's a chapter on the Top End too ['geez Pom, gizza break]' - for the surfing :eek: ) has as much trouble getting it right in the Premier League forum as I do here.

Trouble posting aside, this is my favourite competition; for the witty (at times) editorial alone.

Now if you could write about every team, every week, we might get to sail past you and win this shiny, Rothman's Medalion.

Is that what your dad smoked back in those glorious fifties, when the birds were tuppence ha'penny?

[​IMG]

6. tarvinodos

tarvinodos Member+

Jul 17, 2008
    Long Beach, CA
    No doubt great write ups everyweek. If only 1800 would pick up his old comps.... it would be an editorial section just needing a political cartoon.

7. 1800-WorldCup

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I made an awesome post about Matagate earlier - or was it yesterday - but the long-running script stalled, then crashed, my browser and took all my blood, sweat and tears with it.

I've just had another thought on the subject, so I'll keep it brief.

I have 3.3 in the bank; exactly the difference made by selling Mata (9.3) to buy Duff (6.0).

Mata now seems steady at 9.2 while Duff has risen to 6.1.

To do the same trade now, I would have 3.1 in the bank.

Mata doesn't play next week while Duff travels across London to a shaky West Ham.

With wild card played, I still have 3.3 left for some more last-minute, squad rotation.

I also had three Chelsea, and one Reading, outfield players; which helped a little in Gamweek 1 but not good in Gameweek 3.

As Mata seems to be playing too deep and we still have Oscar and Marin to get in the mix, one wonders if he's still not over-priced.

Time will tell, but right now I just need Duffie to do the business in the early kick-off tomorrow. If not, he's on his bike.

:)

8. 1800-WorldCup

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Matagate Scandal Continues.....

Ok.... I'll burst my bladder now..... pissing away the 3.3 we gained on the Mata sale.

I feel like Daniel Levy peeing off the bridge of a boat, or is that on Stamford Bridge and Bigger Boat.

Cleverley (6.0) puts on his flat cap and spins in the revolving doors to be spat out as Dempsey (9.3) in disguise.

Good job sharp-shooting Clint dropped 0.2 as well..... although it doesn't matter in a draft league.

[​IMG]

9. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Before you have anymore awesome posts and long scripts, you get no argument from me for buying/selling a player earlier is a smart move. My comment was that you traded out Mata, and half expected me to trade out Aguero (although I am sure you were joking:p) ... cause they were "going down in value"... as if that were the only reason. If you are going to get rid of them anyway then of course you would do it before the price went down (and sign before price went up)... ummmm derrrrrr !o_O

Last years Matagate strikes again as I missed Demspey by a few hours, damn this timezone nonsense :mad:. I should know better than to actually go to bed at all on Transfer Deadline Day!

10. 1800-WorldCup

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    And if you do, drink plenty; so that you suffer from an awesome bladder-attack.

:eek: Just don't dream you did the deal and wet the bed.

[​IMG]
    Pimping Book Agent

11. 1800-WorldCup

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Is The Rothman's Medalion a Book Award?

:geek:

The last time we came close to a high-jacking was in Catholics and Communistos - Chapter 26 of you know where.

Rotation at The Back

I can't handle the guessing, or is that second-guessing, of who Mancini will start at the back each week. I was tempted to look at Zabaleta; to counter the troublesome Clichy/Kolarov issue, but now there's Gareth Bale's secret admirer (Maicon) to add to the pot.

Clichy will probably start today, but that's just a probably; followed by a probably not, the week after next.

Weakest Link in Midfield?

Well, Maloney (Wigan) is the cheapest. Cheapest is not always weakest, but when things go wrong there's not much room for manouevre.

IF Maloney (5.0) plays and picks up midfield points for a clean sheet, Ramis (4.5) at the back would pick up more.

Clichy (6.0) - 4.5 = Maloney (5.0) + 1.5

That could be the sort of deal a penniless Liverpool would consider, and it floats my boat.

The agent was given a call and understood that there was six million available for someone who could supply a field of carrots.

==============
    END OF TRADING
    ==============

As the bell rang out for the day's close, half a million pounds was found left on the trading-room floor, by the deal-maker.

Knowing - having read the book - that the nomadic lifestyle is always easier with money in the bank, the pimping book agent spent the next few minutes quietly gathering the notes and making plans for where to travel next.

[​IMG]
    The anagramic, subliminal message being:
    Read Nomadic Gatherings by the Founder of Travel Notes.
    http://Tnot.es/Nomadic

12. 1800-WorldCup

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I've heard this competition will be updated once the Doctor has finished reading his copy of Nomadic Gatherings.

I wonder if he's reading it cover to cover or has jumped right in to the Australia section.

[​IMG]

13. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I just can't put it down.........no matter how many times I shoot it!

14. 1800-WorldCup

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Have you reached the Cairns chapter yet?

[​IMG]

15. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Now, if you came to Cairns and did not say hello I am taking advantage of my 14 days " no questions asked" return policy!

16. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    The Peloton: Position-Up/Down-Name-League-Points Overall-Points This week

11 = Rockville Gunners Small 14 4
    12 -4 blechs_dawgs Small 14 3
    13 +1 AC TIG Dust 13 4
    14 +2 FC St Pauli Small 12 3
    15 -2 Pittsadelphia FC VSR 12 3
    16 -1 Top Shelf VSR 12 3
    17 -8 KeyserSoze Wanderers Dust 11 0
    18 -1 ThiKu Mariners FC VSR 10 2
    19 = wewunwunce Sand 10 2
    20 -10 In-A-Gadda-Da-Eden VSR 10 0
    21 +5 ChrisSuttonsSlippers VSR 9 4
    22 +3 Lees Summit Rangers Sand 9 4
    23 = Real Mos Eisley Sand 9 3
    24 -6 Central Park Rangers Dust 8 0
    25 +4 352 Sizzle Sand 6 3
    26 +2 Tyrant FC Dust 6 3
    27 -3 Aviators VSR 6 1
    28 -6 ColdDogSoup FC Small 6 0
    29 +3 Real Newark Dust 5 5
    30 = Smash Ya Out Da Park Dust 4 2
    31 -4 VegasVirgins Small 3 0
    32 -1 FC Weymouth Sand 2 1

17. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Rothman's Medal - Top 10- Week 3

1st (+2) 1800-Change Your Name (Sand) 24
    This week: 6pts (3pts- Tevez; 2pts-Evra; 1pts- Ridgewell)... Pop quiz... what’s funnier?... a) 1800 Changing his name, b) the fact he is leading this Medal or c) Evra getting 2 bonus points. If you answered “C” then you are correct on this occasion, although A & B were nipping at C’s heels. You obviously must get EaSportsESPNWhatever Points for getting skinned at fullback.. really!! Now I presume most EPL Footballers are a bit egotistical (I know I would be) and would check out their own FPL stats etc, and Patrice must come off the pitch, a bit disheartened at his performance, have his customary curse at his parents for giving him a girls name, and kick a cat or two. Then he gets home, slumps in his chair with a pipe and brandy and clicks on his “smartTV” where he googles FPL ... and low and behold he gets 2 BP’s.. "gee I must have did OK afterall!!" This is the sort of delusions of grandeur that BP points promote... a bit like if 1800 earned BP points for where he is on Sand Ladder now :p
    2nd (-1) BiggerBoat (Sand) 23
    This week: 2pts (2pts-Carzorla)... thank you Santa for saving my bacon this week. I thought I would struggle without Aguero and Hazard but apart from Santa, Michu and TommyV the team was a disaster.. and this was AFTER a wildcard.. oh dear! I am somewhat abated by my NFL fantasy mathcup today.. I had Bears defence up against Aaron Rodgers and came out only 1.16 behind so giddyup!!
    3rd(-1) Sasha Juniors (Small) 22
    This week: 3pts (3pts- RVP!!!)... I like Sahsa.. he takes this Medal seriously and has been knocking at the door for a while now. Normally makes a late season surge but has set himself at the front of the field this year and leads Small Rocks by 135%. Now we get to see if he can lead from the front as well. Hopefully the feather that brushed RVP’s thigh in the International Break was a mirage and he is OK to face Wigan where he is bound to score 6 goals. BTW... I did not get the “Play Misty for Me” reference the other day.. either I had not had enough reds the night I read that, or too many the night I had such reference in the Medal update... sorry!:laugh:
    4th(+3) Bally Boys FC (Dust) 21
    This week: 9pts (3pts- McAuley& Tevez; 2pts- Yaya; 1pt- N Dyer)... Top 4 here equals Top 4 in All Rocks.. a solid indication that the BP system works to a treat (hahaha,.. just kidding Cannon!)..even with his Jagielkagate 5 pt penalty, BB would still hold down 4th spot and Dust is looking very competitive this season and will be 1000 times better than Splinters pending everyone sticking and not getting distracted by other stuff, like a life etc. The Irishman, who I have heard from a reliable source is only a youngster, is showing his fellow Dustys a clean pair of heels.... much to AC TIG’s dismay... whose LexLuthorlike world domination plan is slipping!:mad:
    5th(=) Nellie Wanderers (Sand) 19
    This week: 5pts (3pts- RVP; 2pts- Dembele)... Not sure whether Dennis is a Transfer Nostradameus or just extremely lucky; and since he is Irish I will say the latter. He selected RVP, Dembele, Adam Johnson all before they moved clubs... plus had Podolski who benefited somewhwt from beforementioned Dutchmans move. Speaking of Podolski... Mr Dennis could have been flying higher up both Sand, All Rocks and Medal ladders if he actually put him on the pitch instead of wasting his 12 pts and 3BP’s on the bench.. ouch!
    6th(=) Glory Daze FC (Small) 18
    This week: 4pts (2pts- Yaya & Ben Arfa)..oh, hello, another Small Rocks member decides to join us. Is 5th in All Rocks, is hardly setting the world on fire and has acquired Charlie Adam so I think now will become the “Anti Yazz and the Plastic Population”.. google that if you are under 35 yrs old!
    7th(-3) WhataBunchofMuppets! (Dust) 17
    This week: 3pts (3pts- RVP)... blah blah so you have RVP so get 3 pts, yeah anyone can do that. Outside of RVP who got 15pts, the other 10 players of his squad mustered.... wait for it.. 13 points ! What a bunch of muppets indeed....Staedler & Waldorf would have fun with those stats up on their balcony!
    8th(+12) FC Touchline Ban (Small) 15
    This week: 8pts (2pts- Evra (hahahaha), Routledge, Santa & Dembele)... the reigning Golden Boot Winner and Best Avatar ever winner earns some respect here and roars up from last to...... 2nd last in Small Rocks. He has that many white jerseys on his team that it looks like it is snowing,.. unfortuatley he must like Berbatov even more than me as he made hoim Captain and double his 1pt effort... doh!
    9th(+12) Kopite Juniors (VSR) 15
    This week: 8pts (3pts Crouchy eating his nachos & Podolski; 2pts – Walters) .. nice eclectic bunch of BP getters there.. safe to say 66.66% of them will not get any for a while to come. I see Kopite is a ‘Moderator”, which I have no idea what it means, but if it is anything like the Moderator back in Debating School I better be nice to him... so here goes..nice job...ummm.. keep up the good work.. ummm.. I like your avatar photo..umm makes you look very ...ummm.. moderatorish...
    10th (+2) FC Springfield VSR (+2) 14
    This week: 5pts (2pts- Evra & Ben Arfa; 1pt- Di Santo)... This is no disrespect to anyone who scored big this week but seriously I cannot see these trends continuing,. I do not mean to harpo on Evra but that is a cack he got 2 BP’s and whereas Ben Arfa deserved 65 BPs for that goal alone... he and Di Santo will scratch for BP’s moving forward. I am only saying that cause I dint have them, therefore they suck by default so.. nerrr!

Full Fancy Table is here

18. 1800-WorldCup

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    No wonder you saved this posted until I was away in Italy with car trouble; it must have really hurt you to look at the table, then keep reloading just to check the bonuses.

:eek:

With just a few points in it, I don't expect to hang on for long..... but happy days. Car is fixed too and I can drive around nomadically gathering once more.

19. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    As they say, make hay........so the cows can eat it ;)

Happy gathering... feel free to take your eye off the FPL for a while so I can stretttttcchhhh my lead!

20. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    The Peloton
    11-4WhataBunchofMuppets!Dust18
    12+12Central Park RangersDust16
    13+4KeyserSoze WanderersDust16
    14+12Pittsadelphia FCVSR15
    15+10352 SizzleSand14
    16-2FC St PauliSmall14
    17-1Top ShelfVSR14
    18-8FC SpringfieldVSR14
    19-8Rockville GunnersSmall14
    20-2ThiKu Mariners FCVSR13
    21+6AviatorsVSR12
    22+1Real Mos EisleySand12
    23-3In-A-Gadda-Da-EdenVSR12
    24+4ColdDogSoup FCSmall11
    25-4ChrisSuttonsSlippersVSR11
    26-4Lees Summit RangersSand11
    27-8wewunwunceSand11
    28+1Real NewarkDust9
    29-3Tyrant FCDust9
    30=Smash Ya Out Da ParkDust7
    31=VegasVirginsSmall6
    32=FC WeymouthSand5

21. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    • Rothman's Medal - Top 10 - Week 4
    1st (=) 1800-Change Your Name (Sand) 29
    This week: 5pts (3pts- Gervinho; 2pts- Jussi)...surprised there was not another Team Name Change... Top of Rothman’s was on the cards, as was GervinhoJassekilinenCombo although that last one may have infringed on the maximum letter allowance on FPL. I hear Mr Gatherings had car trouble in Italy.. nothing to do with his car trunk being overloaded with every copy of the book to try an instill a shortage, and a quizzical “mmm... must be a good book if it is sold out” response from those type of people who go to book stores and stuff. Still has Dempsey & Jarvis who are like those beachgoers dipping their legs in the water at Amity Island and waiting to find their feet, but all going nicely and along with Sasha and some other joker are giving the rest of All Rocks a bath.
    2nd (=) BiggerBoat (Sand) 28
    This week 5pts (3pts – Berbatov; 2pts- Baines)...awwww, this is the way it is supposed to be with The Berb and Bainsey getting the points.:inlove: I did not make a trade last week and have the extremely unusual situation where I have 2 trades this week. I can honestly say this is close to the first time this has happened since the introduction of the carry over transfer ... time to go back to normal and whack a couple of trades through this week. Fellani was on the block but his fixture run may just save him for a few weeks. It looks like every time the ball gets into Evertons attacking area this Mirrelas bloke is just going to shoot.. looks like he has been to the Jermaine Defoe School of Sharing.:D
    3rd (=) Bally Boys FC (Dust) 24
    This week:3pts (Fletcher).... his strike force of Fletch and Tevez accumulated half of OtherIrishDenis’s 38 points and the rest of his team did sod all. Has taken to this Draft FPL nicely and has put Jagieklagate behind him well and truly as he marches on in the lead in Dust. Has a few injury concerns so hopes to get 11 on the pitch this week.
    4th (+4) FC Touchline Ban (Small) 23
    This week: 8pts (3pts- Bale & Berbatov; 2pts- Walker).. I like those teams who are going ordinary in the League such as this fellow (7th in small... 20th in All)... but still muster a solid effort in The Medal. Either their players are getting bonus points but doing nothing else, or there BP getters are going gangbusters but the rest of the team is standing watching. Or could be crappy Captain selecting which appears to be the case here, with Santi doubling 5 points this week to be the first skipper this year to enter double figures.
    5th (=) Nellie Wanderers (Sand) 22
    This week: 3pts (2pts- Podolski; 1pt- Luiz).. Dennis returns 38pts total and continues to defy logic and be high on all tables. I think he should fair dinkum calm down as he is 5th here, 3rd in Sand and an unexplainable 10th in All Rocks. Thank god I have been too busy lately to catch up with him at the Monday Night EPL Highlight show watching, but I better get it in soon before he overtakes me.,.. then I will have to leave town!
    6th (-3) Sasha Juniors (Small) 22
    This week: 0pts ... obviously hogging the ball and not passing it to your teammates costs you ESPNEASports points as Defoe scores 2 goals and gets zippo BP’s. Haha I say, although sort of not say as I was one of the biggest hogs in history (shut up Hally), and I was half considering grabbing Defoe but his BP repulsion and that big Togo fellow on the bench might just dissuade me. Despite RVP firing blanks, Sasha continues to lead them a merry dance in Small Rocks.. although looking at his competition that does not seem too hard.. Blech is 2nd for goodness sake !!
    7th (+5) blechs_dawgs(Small) 21
    This week: 7pts (2pts- Jussi; A Hole & Baines; 1pt- Suarez).... hahaha, just kidding Blech.. I knew you were up next. Long time no speak... we will have to find something to fight about soon.. this is getting boring! I don’t want to start wearing women’s clothes again to spice it up ! Has a solid team, but I have no idea who 60% of his midfield is.. 5-2-3 anyone ! Green in goals looks to have been superseded at QPR so may need a backup keeper, although with Jussi on fire who needs a backup.
    8th(-2) Glory Daze FC (Small) 21
    This week: 3pts (Ba).... Demba only needs 45 minutes to grab 2 goals and 3 BP’s.. maybe Pardew will stick 2 up front to begin with next time... some Managers really need to show some nuts,, seriously! Like myself, Glory is sweating on Aguero’s imminent return. .. his bench warming in Spain may be a good sign.
    9th (=) Kopite Juniors (VSR) 20
    This week: 5pts (3pts- Crouch; 2pts- Podolski)... Crouchy relieved his Spurs Days (SanAntonio that is) with a cleverly crafted goal. Looking completely ridiculous and uncoordinated while simply doing anything helped him here as the referee was obviously cacking himself at Crouch’s movements and missed the dribbling in the 18 yard box.
    10th (+3) AC TIG (Dust) 18
    This week: 5pts (3pts- Berbatov; 2pts- ElMahamdi... that bald bloke from Villa)... AC TIG is serious this year and would technically be leading Dust if the 5pt penalty for Bally Boys Jagielkagate was applied. They have gapped the rest in Dust, although I smell a surge from Koozbanian who is creeping up the ladder.

Ladder is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqtRlJ7fu_19dG16OVJ2WE1oRHo3LW9zczYzZEFpd3c#gid=0

22. 1800-WorldCup

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Jarvis was found on the beach in Rimini burying Dempsey deep in the sand.

We took the bucket and spade off the prankster and tore up his contract.

23. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Shouldn't I get extra points for Crouchie's basketball prowess?

24. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Rothman's Medal - Top 10 - Week 5

1st (+1) Bigger Boat (Sand) 39
    This week: (3pts- Berby & Rafael; 2pts- Baines & Carzorla; 1pt- Fellani)... there is screaming from the rooftops and dancing in the street alongside David Bowie & Mick Jagger as this lack of a cut/paste facility on this "fancy" Big Soccer website is driving me insane enough for the Medal update to be in crisis. If you never read this it is because I have accidentally hit backspace or one of my favourites and this whole page has been lost.... aaaargh! I used to be able to sort of cut and paste (with 45 spaces between lines) in Explorer but now I can't even log into BS over there. Oh, btw, I got 11 points. but will not say how awesome that was, so as not to be called "Bigger Boaster" again by that Black Kettle aka Nomadic Blubberings ;)
    2nd (+2) F C Touchline Ban (Small) 32
    This week: 9pts (3pts- Berba & Bale; 2pts- Carzorla; 1pt- Duff)... Berbameister and Bale re unite here and propel FCTB to 2nd place here, a remarkable achievement considering he is 7th in Small. Has certainly awoken from his slumber and posts 60 overall points mainly thanks to Captain Berbatov's 16. Has a good looking team, and will not be in relegation zone for long.
    3rd (-2) Nomadic Gatherings (Sand) 29
    This week: 0pts.... :eek:... a return to form for 1800 as some of those stones he hurled at Jedi has come back to shatter his glass house as Jedi smokes him by 20 points... but that does not matter as apparently All Rocks has had an overhaul and Promotion/Relegation will now be based on Team Value so if you see a player potentially dropping in Value then prod him to walk the plank.. do not worry if someone else snavels him up.... at least you saved that crucial 0.1..... phewwww:cautious:
    4th (+4) Glory Daze FC (small) 28
    This week: 7pts- (3pts- Ba; 2pts Ben Arfa; 1pt- Lalanna & Foster)...good to see the good old Aussie Beer getting 1 point.... such a good beer I think that no one in Australia drinks it and we export it all. Nice job in skippering Ba.. it is always nice when you double up your highest scorer.
    5th (+2) blechs dawgs (Small) 27
    This week: 6pts- (3pts- A Hole; 2pts- Baines; 1pt- Fellani)....ouch,,,, Blech has 3 x double figure players but doubles up Tevez x 1 pt... this game sux sometimes. Hangs onto 2nd place in a compact Small Divison with 30 pts separating 2nd to 7th... with an almost identical huge gap from the pack up to Sasha in 1st and VV in last.... it is early days but looks like I will be jousting with Vegas next season :p
    6th (-3) Bally Boys FC (Dust) 27
    This week: 3pts (3pts- Fletcher).. our young Irish friend has a slight slip up. He also skippered Tezez and had the pleasure of watching Dyer last 12 minutes before getting red carded. Bally loses his lead in Dust but is only 2 off the pace now. Is leading the "League of Teso" inspired Horan Honda Classic League though, where it looks like young Denis is playing against 3 clones of himself and his Aunt Mary.
    7th (+8) 352 Sizzle (Sand) 26
    This week: 12pts (3pts- Lescott (haha)& A Hole & Fletcher & Ba)... does not muck around with minor BP's.. gets 4 straight maximum pointers. Has 2 Duble Figurers in his defence but gives Kagawa the armband so his mighty gold medal winning 76 could have been even higher. Looks to be on the rise big time and rokcets up to 3rd in Sand... wave to 1800 on your way up past him :cool:
    8th (+4) Central Park Rangers (Dust) 25
    This week: 9pts (3pts- Bale & Ba; 2pts Baines: 1pt Fosters).....nice scoring as CPR moves up to 4th in Dust and may just be knocking on the door of promotion soon. Is a bit skinny on as none of his bench saw the light of day so may need some transfers soon. Excellent to see 3 Dustys in the top ten.
    9th (-3) Sasha Juniors (Small) 25
    This week: 3pts ( 2pts- Defoe; 1pt - RVP)...unlike last season, Sasha is the only RVP owner in the Top Ten as he slips a bit here, but could fair dinkum slip on a crate of bananas and still be leading Small Rocks. Leaves Lescott and his 11 points 3 deep on the bench.. do not want too many more of those decisions me thinks.
    10th (+11) Aviators (VSR) 23
    This week: 11pts ( 3pts- Bale & Ba; 2pts Gerrad & Carzorla; 1pt- Foster)... obviously Foster in this years RVP and is the player to have if you want to get somewhere. in life. I almost couldn't find Hal on the All Rock's table... until I looked all the way up in 11th spot :cool:. His 57 point haul has catapulted him up to 2nd in VSR too, with Captain Baa Baa leading the charge.
    Full pretty table is where it normally is.... I cannot cut and paste so you wil have to track back to a previous post.... soz..:cry:

frasermc repped this.
  25. Denis Horan

Denis Horan Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Ireland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Actually it is my brother and my sister who I am playing in that league and I aint sure why you keep assuming I am so young. What age do you think I am?