Ronaldinho Gaucho, part 3 [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by AcesHigh, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Ribo_2006

Ribo_2006 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Uk
    Ronaldinho's gunna need a special headlining performance in the libertadores to get backin contention.

2. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    I think its pretty simple. Since he doesn't fit into what Felipao wants in his scheme, Felipao needs to sit him down and explain his limited role in the squad. If he buys into it, then great as there is always a need for his skillset on the bench. And if he doesn't want to take a backseat to the young guys, then he'll be watching from a TV.

3. Ribo_2006

Ribo_2006 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Uk
    I'm quite pumped for tonight's game actually. Really intrigued to see how well R10 play's.

4. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007

Ronaldinho would have to be willing to work hard on and off the ball. I haven't seen Ronaldinho do that since 2005.

5. Jadentheman

Jadentheman Member

Jul 1, 2013
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He presses most of the time at AM

6. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Where? He barely exerts any effort into pressing. The opponent has to be a meter away for him to make an effort. Normally, I see him casually walking in the center of the pitch. The dirty work has always fallen to those around him.

7. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    No he doesn't. If Ronaldinho was still exceptional in offense, then we could live with the lack of effort on defense. But he can be easily marked out of a game by tougher opposition and is erratic in his passes. He also poses little threat running and dribbling. In the 1st leg he gave one great pass to Bernard in 90 mins. Other than that, he did nothing.

8. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    If there was a game to press in, tonight would be it. Lets see how much pressing he does.

9. ripalino

ripalino Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Sao Paulo
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    @ what time is the match starting today ( Mineiro vs newells )

10. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    8:50 in The States
    9:50 in Brasil

11. Ribo_2006

Ribo_2006 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Uk
    Nearly 2am here in u.k, im gunna be well knackered, hope the game lives upto the hype.

12. Jadentheman

Jadentheman Member

Jul 1, 2013
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I still believe in him, but I am a fan of him. Shame most people in this forum and outside it don't give him much credit anymore. I still think he can be a world beater

13. Ribo_2006

Ribo_2006 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Uk
    I'm a fan aswell, i've only truly appreciated Ronaldinho in recent years when i realise his presence and charisma is one of a kind. No body else in world footall with his presence.

The buck teeth are part of his charm, and the fact he's always smiling!! He'll never be the Ronaldinho we saw in Barca, but he can still heavily influence a game.

I really do hope for a big performance from him tonight.

14. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    You're failing to accept or understand what everybody is saying. He no longer fits into the scheme of what Felipão wants, which has been working great. And he has been given shots already. And he is no longer the type of difference maker who you would change the scheme for. I think he's still an excellent player, but in no way should he be forced in this squad while he refuses(or is incapable) to mark and fight for balls in the midfield.

If brasil wasn't winning, then maybe. But why force him in now when the scheme and players are clicking great?

Ribo_2006 repped this.
  15. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It's a shame because he should have been still a World Class player at 28, 29, etc. I appreciate some of the plays he can still make which show what kind of player he used to be, but watching him now, it's just kind of sad. He had a good season last year, but then when you see him with the NT, he shows you nothing.

16. Ribo_2006

Ribo_2006 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Uk
    It's sad to think his peak should of ended only around 18months ago...In reality it was more like 6 years ago. :(

And had he truly conditioned himself, at 33 yrs young,R10 would of and should of been amongst the top 10 elite players.

17. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I agree 100%. The main problem IMO was motivation. He had won everything there is to win, rich, etc. Why put forth the effort in continuing to be the best when he can enjoy his life as a celebrity? Obviously, you can say he could have pushed to be the best ever and what not, but he must have felt that it wasn't worth pursuing and that he wanted to live it up. I remember reading several articles during his peak in which it just talked about how he lived, ate and breathed football 24/7. And then around 05 or 06, you started hearing more stories about his nights out and the decline started slowly.

18. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Honestly I don't care if he performs today. I won't change my mind A craque will show up once in a while. But I doubt he could do it in even 4 out of 7 WC games. I used to be a huge fan of his as well. It's the reason I started following Barca. And if you saw him at Barca and then even as early as 2008 you'd say WTF happened !!! At 33 he is not playing that bad. But just not good enough for the Selecao for the impact he'd need to have on the team.

19. Jadentheman

Jadentheman Member

Jul 1, 2013
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How did he play today?

20. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    And you said you were an atletico fan.... Lol

21. Jadentheman

Jadentheman Member

Jul 1, 2013
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't have fox deportes and I had no methods of streaming the game for today. :(

22. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Gave the assist for the first goal. Nice pass that exploited Bernard's speed and great diagonal run. However he had plenty of space to make that play as he was unmarked.

Did nothing for around 85 minutes. Was dispossessed easily at times and gave some side passes. Took some bad corners and FKs. Had a decent play at the end of the game where his shot was blocked by a defender.

Bernard, Jo, and Tardelli were more constant threats to NOB defense.

23. Ribo_2006

Ribo_2006 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Uk
    Ronaldinho was poor, i watched the first halve but tired and couldn't stay up for the 2nd. Numerous posters have said he was way below average...His WC chances are going down the pan.

He needs a big game in the final, and if he fails and Atletico manage to sneak it, then his last saving grace would be the club world cup final against Bayern. Ethier way Ronaldinho need's a world class performance on a big stage to show he can still do damage at the highest level.

24. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    The huge problem with Dinho is he is incapable of staying focused without constant work. In every break or stretch of time that he hasn't played, he comes back out of shape and playing like shit. And after he gets back in the groove, only then does he start to show his magic.

25. Jadentheman

Jadentheman Member

Jul 1, 2013
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's been happening since 2007 unfortunately. If he wants ot then K am sure he will be on the team in 2014. I believe in him. Let's hope he doesn't slip up.