Ronald "Nacho" Garcia at Aris Thessaloniki Thread

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by Bolivianfuego, Jan 1, 2010.

1. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    You should seriously put this in the DC United Forum and USA NATS forum. It's a good video and I know theres alot of curiousity on how he's playing now. This video deserves it's on thread regarding ADU.

Damn, the USA may have speedier players playing on the flanks, but non of them are nearly as technical as ADU. This dude still has game and probably should have been one of the 30 players invited to camp. Sad.

Nice video.

2. nick_3f

nick_3f Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Thessaloniki
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Thanks a lot for the answers :)
    Actually Nacho was my favourite player and i have a shirt with his name and number 8. But the last 2 years is a dissapointment with all these injuries. Lets hope that Cuper will trust him cause he really is a good player.

3. Kalamaria

Kalamaria New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Thessaloniki
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    So the greek press is writting crap. Good to know, thanks. Hopefully Nacho will regain his old form.

4. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yea, nothing new lol.

5. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I hope our "Indian" will stay with us. It's sad that injuries and different stuff ruined the last 2 seasons. He is such a great player but he didn't show that the last 2 seasons. If he can stay through the preseason without injuries I think he will be back as he once were. He is also a great guy, I had the luck to meet him a couple of times.

Vamos Nacho!

6. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The latest reports about Nacho is that he accepted a paycut and he will stay at the club cause both him and the club wants that. He was not the only one to accept a paycut. Thats great news I think cause he was actually great before he signed that big contract.

7. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I hope he stays with you guys! Given the history. Some times you gotta take a pay cut if you wanna stay somewhere. Smart.

I heard he had some offers from mexico, happy he didnt go and stayed in greece. Bolivians dont have a good history of performing well in Mexico.

8. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Here is a pic from yesterday's friendly game, Nacho was in the starting lineup. I think this year can be his if he just can stay healthy.[​IMG]

The Under Armour jersey is nice :)

[​IMG]

9. Kalamaria

Kalamaria New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Thessaloniki
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    I think that's only for the friendly games.

10. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yeah probably but with a little more yellow it would be perfect:) All the Under Armour things that the team use are awesome though.:)

11. Kalamaria

Kalamaria New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Thessaloniki
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    And another sponsor. We won't have EKO this year right?

12. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yeah I think we will have a new sponsor, yesterday it was Zorpidis Travel but I hope and think that some other company will be the main sponsor.

13. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yea, him staying healthy is always tough with his ability to get hurt and not change the way he plays. He goes in very hard on tackles, sometimes it costs him with cards or injury.

The jerseys look cool though!

14. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Nacho was in the starting lineup of the second friendly game too. It's important that he shows that he is worth more playing time from the beginning of the season.

15. mich-3

mich-3 New Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Athens
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nacho is going on loan to Anorthosis Farmagusta (Cyprus).

He left the pre season to start talks about his move. It is almost certain.

There he will meet Hoyos who was Aris' coach 3 years ago.

Good luck...

16. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Damn! Loan??? :(

Why?? Does cuper have other plans for another cerntral midfielder to pair with nafti?

17. Kalamaria

Kalamaria New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Thessaloniki
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    We don't even know if Nafti is staying...

18. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Wow! Complete overahaul!! :(

19. Kalamaria

Kalamaria New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Thessaloniki
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    There were rumours about Nafti, that he's a bad character and stuff, but I don't know how much of this is true. There are rumours about Calvo too. We said that this is by far one of the most weird transfer periods for our team. Let's see who's going to cover their spots.

20. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Well reports said that Cuper was not satisfied with his effort so far.

As I said before Nacho is good when he is healthy for a long time, but that happens like 1 time every 4 seasons:p

He also have a big contract for a bench player and he is not worth it. He is not a player to trust for such full season the team is about to have. Edu is close to Aris and reports also link Victor Sanchez with Aris. So let's see what Cuper have in mind.

I really hope he can make a full season with Anorthosis and come back better than ever:)

21. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Really... I mean he took a paycut didnt he? Either way, he should have been loaned back to latin america like i've heard rumors of Mexico, and past off seasons with Brasil.

At Cyrpus I dont think the league is up to par with Greece, and he would have been better going home (latin america) to maybe get him more playing time at a higher level then Cyprus.....

I dont think this was a good move for him at all from a bolivian supporter stanpoint I believe...

22. Kalamaria

Kalamaria New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Thessaloniki
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    He went to Anorthosis, which played in the CL two years ago. They're a top 3 team in the Cyprus league, although the league itself isn't up to par with the Greek league. They also have an Argentinian coach, Guillermo Hoyos, who coached Aris 4 years ago.

From my point of view, I think the team is trying to offload all the large contracts. But if we sign Edu (which I'm totally against) my point of view will be wrong cause he'll obviously have a large contract. Anyway I'm thinking something else too, but I'll keep that one for myself.

23. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Dude is good quality, but for someone that is healthy to play half a season majority of the time, I guess he's not worth what he's getting.

I'm sure he'll land in a different club. I just hope he remains healthy enough to stay there, or long enough to get to the table to sign a lucrative deal.

24. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yeah he accepted a paycut but Cuper still didn't consider him as a part of next seasons plans apparently. As I tried to say so many times in the yanks thread about Adu, it is not just about money. It was very clear that Cuper will be allowed to build his team with the players he wants.

Maybe Anorthosis didn't show interest to take over his salary on 500k but they want him with 400k. Anorthosis is not a bad team actually, they had a good season in the Champions League a couple of years ago. There are a couple of teams in Cyprus that have a quiet high level, maybe like the 5-6 placed teams of Greece.

Of course Hoyos is the man that asked for Nacho since he knows him well from his time in Aris.

It's not official yet but 90% sure.

25. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Edu will probably earn a little bit more than Nacho if he comes but let's be honest, he is many levels above Nacho. And if the players that arrives earns the same or a little bit more and plays much better then it's totally worth it. Maybe the Colombian guy is playing good as well and Cuper wants to keep him.

The summer is long and we are just in the beginning:)