Romanians abroad

Discussion in 'Romania' started by Borussia, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Bulangiul

Bulangiul New Member

Jan 25, 2008
    He plays exatly like Bölöni. I think Benfica have found the new Bölöni. Wich is incredibile.

2. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar
    Wow I'm still surprised at Sepsi ... and Radu. 4 months ago I wouldn't of even believed that they would transfer to such big clubs. When they transferred, I wouldn't of believed that either one of them would become starters so fast.

I wonder who the next surprises will be ... Torje? Mardare? Sapunaru? Moti? Szekely?

3. Bulangiul

Bulangiul New Member

Jan 25, 2008
    Costea or Torje. I think Torje will transfer to a one of europes best teams. Why not Milan?

4. CDSANTACLARA

CDSANTACLARA New Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Fall River, MA
    Sepsi gets called up for Romanian National Team.

Dude this guy is a beast

5. romvert

romvert New Member

Jun 3, 2007
    Holland,MI
    That's great news! We're going to need something to take us to the next level.It could be him...

6. Bulangiul

Bulangiul New Member

Jan 25, 2008
    Sepsi is our new Bölöni. They´ve got the same hungarian style ;)

7. Edgar

Edgar Member

Cosmin Olaroiu won the title in Saudi Arabia with Al Hilal, after getting the three crucial points in an away game against league leaders Al Ittihad. Both teams finished with 48 points, but Al Hilal has a better head-to-head record.

Olaroiu also won the Saudi Arabian cup.

This is from Kopite @ Xtratime:

8. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  9. CDSANTACLARA

CDSANTACLARA New Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Fall River, MA
    Lazslo Sepsi is expected to start at LB today for Benfica aginst Estrela Amadora in an important game that could give Benfica an automatic CL place.

Sepsi currently has 2 assists in 2 games for Benfica and is currently enjoying a very productive season.

Not only playing in the UEFA Cup for Gloria against Heavyweights Atletico Madrid where he impressed but also gaining his first cap for Romania in a 3-0 bashing of Russia.

[​IMG]

I love this kid 22 years old, fast, and knows how to play. Very versitile can play as LB, and LWM.

Fans already love him.

10. Edgar

Edgar Member

Copil in trouble at Hearts -> link.

11. adhoc

adhoc New Member

Dec 15, 2005
    A friend in Lisbon says that after a great start to his Benfica career, Sepsi has had a nightmare few weeks, and is more or less finished there - the match that has particularly rankled was the Cup semi final when Benfica played rivals Sporting. Benfica were 2-0 up and they brought Sepsi on to hold the left flank - Rui Costa was caught on camera saying to the bench (basically) "What the f%"£ is he doing on the pitch" and Sporting scored three goals in quick succession - all from the wing that Sepsi was responsible for. The score eventually finished 5-3 to Sporting, and Sepsi (and the manager) is being blamed. It'll take a lot for him to recover mentally from such an experience, I reckon.

12. trudodyr

trudodyr Member

Jul 25, 2006
  13. Edgar

Edgar Member

Boloni signed with Standard Liege.

14. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  15. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar
    I forgot about this thread ...

but Nicolae Dica signed with Calcio Catania in Serie A with Walter Zenga as head coach. I can't find the link with a transfer fee but I remember reading that it was 2-3 million euro.

http://www.nineoclock.ro/index.php?page=detalii&categorie=sports&id=20080704-17230

Cristian Sapunaru transfered from Rapid to FC Porto for 3 million euro.

http://www.nineoclock.ro/index.php?page=detalii&categorie=sports&id=20080711-17255

Florentin Petre also leaves the Bulgarian championship to go to Terek Grozny in Russian Premier League ... unfortunately I can't find a link.

16. Edgar

Edgar Member

Pancu and Margaritescu are also at Terek

Here's the link.

17. $teauA

$teauA New Member

Oct 9, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    Dica is going to shine at Catania.

18. adhoc

adhoc New Member

Dec 15, 2005
    Anyone heard of Adrian Patulea? He scored a hattrick for Lincoln City (English 4th tier) in a pre-season game recently (because his brother lives in Lincoln) and looks set to be signed. The news reports say he began his career at Rapid, and that he is currently contracted to a Romanian club, but don;t actually say which one.
    Link: http://www.lincolncity-mad.co.uk/news/loadnews.asp?cid=TMNW&id=398487

19. Edgar

Edgar Member

Petrolul Ploiesti.

20. adhoc

adhoc New Member

Dec 15, 2005
    Which Petrolul Ploiesti? Aren't there two teams with that name who both claim it?

21. Edgar

Edgar Member

The old Petrolul Ploiesti. :)

The other is CSM Ploiesti. FRF didn't allow then to use CSM Petrolul 1952 Ploiesti.

22. Edgar

Edgar Member

Ciprian Marica scored twice for Stuttgart in the Intertoto Cup -> uefa.com.

23. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar
  24. Edgar

Edgar Member

Radoi won't be going to Inter after all.

Mutu has to pay Chelsea 17 M Euros: BBC.

Marica scored one goal for Stuttgart in the UEFA Cup win against Gyor: uefa.com.