Romanians abroad

Discussion in 'Romania' started by Borussia, Jun 1, 2007.

1. romvert

romvert New Member

Jun 3, 2007
    Holland,MI
    So you call ProSport, Gazeta Sporturilor, Vanity Fair, etc, etc... tabloids? You obviously don't know or understand what a tabloid publication is.
    I'm not making anything up, it's all out there , pictures and all.I myself find it very hard to believe he's faithfull to his family,mostly due to the fact that he's been linked/caught with so many high profile women over the span of his young career.The "bad boy " image IS Mutu's image - nobody's made that up out of thin air or something.
    Anyhow, I wish someone other than "The Lone Defender of Mutu's Faith" would chime in with their opinion on this matter; Than , maybe these posts would be more informative , and less idiotic...

2. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Stop with this garbage.

Mutu has already said the rumors are "fantasies." What proof do you have that they are not? Other than search results from a website because you couldn't even be bothered to link a story with actual physical evidence. Do you have a picture of him doing these actions? Has it ever occurred to you that these publications want to sell papers as opposed to printing what's true? They claim he was making out with some model in the corner of a nightclub and we're supposed to believe them? All of this with a new baby on the way? You've been dooped by the Romanian media, which is just a testament to your weak mind.

Post something that is true or not at all. You posting malicious rumors about one of our heroes does nothing for this forum.

3. romvert

romvert New Member

Jun 3, 2007
    Holland,MI
    They're not malicious, your head in the sand makes them appear that way.Again, your reading comprehension comes up short:I never stated I had hard evidence in a court of law that any of it all was undeniably true, it's just something that he would have to prove otherwise ,in the long run, since it's been consistent until not too long ago.
    Again , this is media from all over the world , and unlike tabloids , it is fueled by the essence of action as opposed to just pure lies.
    You need a more intelectual approach in your debate endeavors.Otherwise it all seems clueless and waisteful.

4. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Why should he have to prove otherwise? The burden of proof lies with those making the claims.

5. Double Jay

Double Jay New Member

Jan 21, 2008
    Bucharest
    Who cares if Mutu cheated on his wife? It's his problem.

Mutu is a great player but he's also a c*nt. Doesn't pass the ball, likes all the atention and the National team would be better of without him.

6. Boian

Boian Member

Mar 28, 2004
    Portland
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've seen Fiorentina's game with Milan, Mutu had a pretty good game, he had a few oportunities, Milan's goalie played very well.

7. romvert

romvert New Member

Jun 3, 2007
    Holland,MI
    Ok, teenager, let me explain this slowly , to you just one more time:
    Mutu keeps getting caught in the company of all these chicks ,all the time; if you're a married man with 3 kids you don't hang out at night clubs, let alone court and kiss on high profile hoes, right? (but then again, how would you know that...). Unlike you, I'm not going to ingnore that in judging his morals and character.That would be like the Pope saying there's no child molesting priests, for god's sake! I understand your self induced ignorance, let's just leave it at that...

8. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Can you both please either cut it out or take it to PM's. This is getting personal now and completely off topic, and if it continues I'd be forced to remove both of your posts, it's disturbing the forum and preventing everyone from participating in a mature discussion about FOOTBALL.

ToonUSA, romvert has a right to post whatever he wants, and it's his prerogative to believe it. You don't have to agree with it (I'm sure you're not the only one) and you even have the choice of ignoring him. So let's please get this back on topic.

9. romvert

romvert New Member

Jun 3, 2007
    Holland,MI
    Exactly. I was looking more for feedback and info on the subject rather than personal attacks and complete religious exoneration of Mutu's behaviour.

10. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Better off without him? You can't be serious.

11. Double Jay

Double Jay New Member

Jan 21, 2008
    Bucharest
    You should have seen the Israel game. He's done NOTHING and lost all the balls. But that didn't stop him from screaming to the rest of the players. I guess they made him look bad. :mad: In the last min we get a free kick, he shots it 3 m over the crossbar then puts on a "I just scored the best goal of all time " face and grabs his balls. To top it off at the end of the game a player asks him to exchange t-shirts but he turns his back. C*nt.

12. romvert

romvert New Member

Jun 3, 2007
    Holland,MI
    Oh, DJ, how can you say such a thing! You're tearing the boy apart!...:p
    But seriously, I wouldn't go as far as to say they'd be better without him , 'cause they need him this summer, but I think he's always been of questionable character and devotion (other than to money).I wouldn't put it past him to say that family is just a front for this guy...

13. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    I just watched the game on replay.

Mutu was easily one of our better players out there. He was frustrated throughout the 1st half of the game as Ov. Petre (before he got himself sent off) and Nicolita couldn't deliver any good passes to him. Mutu expects a lot from his players as he should, hence why he's the captain. He didn't receive one decent pass throughout the game and usually had to go deep or move to the middle to create himself, and even then most players weren't capable of making a decent combination. Mutu understands what sacrifices being an excellent player entails. He cannot stand seeing the others not even trying to win the game. Mutu wants results even if it's a friendly. He probably knows that a lack of concentration here means there might be one at the Euros.

Benayoun was pathetic chasing down Mutu for his shirt. Mutu was obviously upset at the poor performance by his team and just wanted to leave the pitch, no need to chase him down.

14. Double Jay

Double Jay New Member

Jan 21, 2008
    Bucharest
    When you get 90% of the balls played it's easy to look good. But he lost most of the balls. The passes wheren't the best but Petre and Nicolita haven't played an official game in 2 months, while Mutu plays every week. And he's not captain (Chivu is). I would bring Ganea to the NT jsut to put Mutu in his place. :D

15. Boian

Boian Member

Mar 28, 2004
    Portland
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've not seen the game, but think that Mutu is one of our good players, and we should use him. Not many players can do what he is doing. Romania doesnt have a big pool of players, and can't afford to leave a player like him aside.

16. Double Jay

Double Jay New Member

Jan 21, 2008
    Bucharest
    If Gelatinho would be less selfish and less arrogant he would be a great player. But he's not and, if he is having a bad day, he's dragging down the team. Holland beat Croatia 3-0 without Seedorf, RVN or Robben. Are they bad players? Not, but a team must be a TEAM not one-man-show.

17. Boian

Boian Member

Mar 28, 2004
    Portland
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He plays pretty selfish at his club, too, and he's doing ok. At this point, I'd prefer him playing selfish than Marica playing unselfish. And I wouldn't care how much gel he uses.

18. Double Jay

Double Jay New Member

Jan 21, 2008
    Bucharest
    Take out Marica. Put in Dica/Daniel Niculae/Mazilu.

19. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Marica and Dica were absolutely useless in the game. At some point great players take over games, and do things by themselves.

20. Double Jay

Double Jay New Member

Jan 21, 2008
    Bucharest
    True, only that Mutu isn't a great player. Well not like Kaka, Ibrahimovici, etc. He can't win a game by himself.

PS: Dica hasn't played one game in two months. Marica was useless. Hence my suggestions.

21. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Mutu is the most decissive player in Italy. He has won 18 points for Fiorentina with his goals. The next is Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who won 16 points for Inter

http://www.gsp.ro/stire/mutu-e-pe-primul-loc-in-topul-jucatorilor-decisivi-51354.html

Also, if you'll remember Mutu won Italian player of the year according to Gazzetta Dello Sporto over Kaka and Zlatan. :rolleyes:

22. Boian

Boian Member

Mar 28, 2004
    Portland
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've seen Milan - Siena game, Codrea plays pretty good soccer for Siena. He plays one of the most difficult and important positions, central midfield. It's gonna make a big difference to have a player like him in the NT. I hope he can keep up with the good games.
    My opinion about Romanian forwards as of now:
    Mutu- very good
    Dica- slow and inconsistent
    Mazilu- great potential, has the "killer" instinct
    D. Niculae - good (I've not seen him a whole lot)
    Marica- not good enough for the NT, very inconsistent

23. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    I like Marica's pace but he is horrible on the ball.

24. Boloni86

Boloni86 Member+

Jun 7, 2000
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Gibraltar
    The problem with Marica and in fact even Mazilu and Niculae is that they're too much like Mutu. They make the same kind of runs that Mutu makes. They're all good finishers (except maybe Marica lately) but they're not necessarily good creators. I wish our national team would have someone like Berbatov who could play close to Mutu and create more chances because Mutu will finish if you give him service.

Or at least maybe a big target striker like Luca Toni who could play close to goal and draw more defenders away from Mutu. Either way the current Mutu/Marica combination is not ideal.

25. chicagosoccer38

chicagosoccer38 New Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Are you serious? There is no other Romanian player like Mutu at the moment. Also mutu is a very creative player we don't need a Berbatov to create plays, we need someone who can finish them. They're not all good finishers, in fact niculae is utterly useless and just has speed but no head.