Rocky Mountain Cup, 2012 Match 2, 21 July 8:00 MDT

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by Ismitje, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So we all know what happened in our game at San Jose. It was beyond bad. Also beyond bad? Playing at home, Colorado lost to a Dallas team that not only had not won on the road previously, but had gone a staggering 13 straight games without a win.

Both teams, then, coming off a beyond bad performance. Colorado does have a midweek game to try and straighten things out - road trip to a resurgent Toronto - but come on, we're both liable to still be in the doldrums for this one.

A couple of weeks ago, we played in the Suck Bowl against Seattle, and the score was 0-0. I predict this one will be a repeat of the memorable RMC match we played in Colorado in 2007, where the final was 1-1 but both goals came off of own goals. Own goals for each team, accounting for the only goals of the game? That's the epitome of a Rocky Mountain Cup of Crap.

Oh yeah - Kyle Beckerman is out for this one. If we're down Beckerman, Borchers, and Beltran again, look out.

2. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd like to say we get fired up for this game but we also lost some in a row when we should've done better. Can we get a 2-1 victory with 2 own goals and the 3rd is somehow deflected off the ref and in? That would be hilariously bad.

3. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Member+

Sep 20, 2004
    Wanker County
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, after last weekends sucked up, sucky performance of the Real Sucky Loosers against a bunch of dead Nazis, RSL travels to the home of Stargate Command, Cheyenne Mountain, Colorado.
    Here is the starting line up:

-----------------------------------------------Jack O'Neil--------------------------------------------------
    -------Rodney McKay (Replicator Fifth) ------Teal'c----Master Bra'tac-----Replicator Carter------
    -----Samantha Carter--------------------Daniel Jackson--------------------Vala Mal Doran----------
    --------------Asgard Freyr------------------Asgard Thor----------------------Asgard Kvasir--------------

Note: There may be a change in this line up if Dr. Rodney McKay can't get back from the Pegasus Galaxy in time. If so, then Replicator Fifth will take his place.

With this line up, Stargate Command is hoping to score some quick goals off the their Asgard forwards. However, unbeknownst to SGC and the Asgard, RSL is bringing out the "big guns" for this game and will field the following team:

------------------------------Replicator----------------------------------
    ---Replicator------Replicator-------Replicator--------Replicator-----
    ----Replicator----Replicator------Replicator----Replicator--------
    ---------------Replicator-----------------Replicator--------------------

Note: These are the cool, Lego building-blocks Replicators, not the chessy, human-looking, stupid Replicators.

Since Replicators are the sworn enemies of the Asgard and impervious to all directed-energy weapons, RSL should be able to quickly overrun their forwards and score some goals. Or at least we hope.

Black Prince repped this.
  4. georg

georg Member+

May 25, 2009
    Parowan, Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think we will all feel better if we get a win in this one.

5. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I appreciate the Stargate references, but we're actually bringing the SG teams to Utah for this one, not letting you Replicators in the state.

(And I think I'd put Teal'c in goal over Jack...)

6. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Member+

Sep 20, 2004
    Wanker County
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Teal'c is our CB 'cuz he looks more like Olave than anyone else and since Master Bra'tac speaks Jaffa ("Kri! Jaffa!"), they can shutdown your puny Asgard forwards, if they get thru our Replicators! Bwahahahaha!!!!

And anyway, taking into account our last debacle in San Hose-Me, maybe the only way that we can score any goals is if we play you guys on an empty pitch, ergo, the Don called and told us that the game has been moved back to Colorado. Yeah, that's the ticket. The Don called and changed the location of the game.

7. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wait, I thought the SGC lineup was for the Rapids? You guys were lining up as the Replicators. At least you were smart enough not to sign those dumb-a$$ human replicators.

8. RoyalNonesuch

RoyalNonesuch Member+

May 10, 2009
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm just relieved that we didn't get relegated after last week. Beat the Rapids!

9. Lizzie Bee

Lizzie Bee Member+

Jul 27, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seriously? I'm pretty sure we don't allow any mentions of the Team on the Other Side of the Mountains with that spelling.

Repeat after me: cRapids. cRapids. cRapids.

15 to 32, burninator and FC-Sky11 repped this.
  10. Christoph

Christoph Member

Aug 20, 2006
    Farm Country
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought we were going to just start posting the steaming pile of poo and not write anything. But it looks like it's not it the smilies list anymore...

11. Lizzie Bee

Lizzie Bee Member+

Jul 27, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We'll just have to work a little harder to get the point across.

[​IMG]
    Caption: the cRapids coach gives the team a little pre-game pep talk as he shovels them onto the bus for Salt Lake City.

BalanceUT, El-ahrairah and Aero repped this.
  12. Lizzie Bee

Lizzie Bee Member+

Jul 27, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]
    "Our team has always been built on a solid foundation and we're happy to say we continue that tradition to this day."

15 to 32, lurpythepirate and Aero repped this.
  13. Lizzie Bee

Lizzie Bee Member+

Jul 27, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]
    I created this just for the occasion of the RMC.

BalanceUT repped this.
  14. Bulldog SLC

Bulldog SLC Member

May 4, 2012
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Greatest caption ever! I know the team knows how much this match means to us supporters! I predict Sabo hat trick!

15. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Member+

Sep 20, 2004
    Wanker County
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Duh! I can't keep my teams straight any more! It must be all the time zones that I had to travel thru or that continental cuisine that is messing me up. Pretty soon, ich werde deutsch sprechen, ja! Mon dieu, t'a pris la maladie des boches! E ancora, francese ti esce delle orecchi!

16. Taragui

Taragui Member+

Aug 13, 2006
    Northern Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    So, actually about the game. Mastroeni's out long term, Beckerman suspended. Looks like the clash of the backup DM's is upon us.

17. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't they still have the ginger Lawrentowitz(sp?) at DM? Maybe one of their players can stuff Pablo's jersey in their shorts for good luck. :)

18. Lizzie Bee

Lizzie Bee Member+

Jul 27, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I spent the morning up in Salt Lake doing a little interview about the origins of C10 and the RMC today, then swung by practice. Here is a 13 second video of Sabo doing diving practice. At least I think it was Sabo, and actually he stayed down for a while... but got up and continued with practice without any apparent injury later. Olave was in good form taking down the forwards.

19. Blitzz Supporter

May 23, 2004
    Centerville
    Yummmm! Chocholate Chip Cookies.

20. Lizzie Bee

Lizzie Bee Member+

Jul 27, 2004
    Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    HAHAHAHAHA... clearly the wrong link! I was trying to explain the delights of American desserts to my friends in the Middle East and must have gotten my copy/paste moments wrong! I wonder if they got the link to YouTube...

HERE is the correct link. Sheesh. Mods, want to clean this up for me so I don't feel like the frackin' moron I am?

21. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Ginger Ninja picked up a yellow card (somewhat questionable) at the end of the COL-TFC game today, so he will be out. It is indeed the clash of the backup DMs after all.

22. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well at least we should be even there. Now lets hope the team actually shows up for the game.

23. RoyalNonesuch

RoyalNonesuch Member+

May 10, 2009
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We've caught a scheduling break here.

I haven't heard the injury news on everyone - what is it?

24. Bulldog SLC

Bulldog SLC Member

May 4, 2012
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    3-1 beatdown for the cup! Our backup DM can beat up theirs! :p Seriously, this is just a one game suspension for KB, right?

25. DrownedElf

DrownedElf Member+

Jul 5, 2010
    Ogden
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So far the committee hasn't added additional games. The way they operate though it wouldn't surprise me to see them decide tomorrow at 5pm.