'Roca Cup' [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Denilson70, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Muurad

Muurad Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Hulk has to start imo on that right flank.

I thought Mano really had a plan before and Hulk might not suit the style - but we see that Mano is as clueless as they come, so I cannot think of a good enough reason to bench(not to mention not having on the bench or squad at all) the 3rd most productive player in the world behind Messi and Ronaldo.

All due respect to Lucas, Hulk for me should be a lock at right wing, not even up for debate. his ability is undeniable and way more advanced then both Neymar and Lucas who might get there in the future but right now it's a nonsubject.

If Hulk would make that 40-50 milion move to Chelsea he would be a lock without anyone having to ask for it, so why not now?

2. scabbt22

scabbt22 Member

Feb 14, 2008
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    That’s a pretty bold statement to say that Hulk is way more advanced than Neymar and Lucas. Yes, he's a good player and should get more playing time but based on what Neymar has been doing for the last year or so and what Lucas did against Argentina, I would stick with the same line-up.

Also, what do you mean about him being the 3rd most productive player in the world?

3. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    He's the most prolific goalscorer after the other 2. Not to mention his passing ability.

While I still have my doubts about Hulk, I'd rather him start over Lucas bc of his experience and body type.

4. scabbt22

scabbt22 Member

Feb 14, 2008
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    In the games that Hulk has played (France, England, Oman, Ghana) I didn't see much of this. So hopefully we get to see some brilliance from Hulk these next two games and then we can debate if he should be starting or not. Would you agree?

5. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Anyway, it's good to see some depth in our attack. Remember the Vagner Love/Afonso days? Though most of the depth is for wide forwards, not centerforwards, but I trust in Damião's recovery.

6. Muurad

Muurad Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    His abilities level is far more advanced in the current stage of the 3 players career - He's a guy that can come and be a star in a top side in Europe and lead a team right now... again if Porto was willing to sell or he wanted to push for a move, and say make the 45-50milion euro move to Chelsea I think he would be a consensus starting lineup player without people needing to ask, but cause he's in Porto then he's not.

Lucas is not even close to being there - and imo Neymar isn't there aswell. .. again they might and prolly will in the future - but right now theres a clear diffrence between them and Hulk imo.

The productivity thing is that Goals+Asissts last year in Europe he had the 3rd highest amount in Europe after Cristiano Ronaldo and Messi.

To be exact - in 53 games he had 36 goals and 21 assists.

7. scabbt22

scabbt22 Member

Feb 14, 2008
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    You're obviously pushing for the Hulk campaign but to say that he's better than Neymar is somewhat insulting. Hulk is a very good player but has had very little success with his limited call-ups to the Selecao. Now is it Mano to blame or Hulk's performance? I would like to think a little of both.

8. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yes, but look at the league he is in. Portugal has two teams, Benfica and Porto. Everything else is bottom.
    No way Hulk over Neymar starting. This has not even been an issue for discussion. In fact, in the four games Hulk has played for the NT, he has done absolutely nothing. I am torcendo things will change.

9. Dribble&Trix

Dribble&Trix Member

Apr 14, 2005
    I don´t think it’s such a bold statement, nor insulting, not at the moment,
    though I can agree about the scepticism.
    Hulk has not yet been as dominant at the highest level,
    in CL and EL, and in NT he has not really gotten a fair chance.

Since both Neymar and Lucas has had good performances in NT,
    the right decision is of course to give them continued trust.
    I agree that Hulk will need to prove himself in NT, not just in the club
    and I can understand and a bit agree with the assessment of Muurad.

Problem is of course that neither of them are center forwards or strikers, and there is a huge lack of depth in that departement.

10. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Don't even mention Hulk and Neymar in the same sentence please.

11. scabbt22

scabbt22 Member

Feb 14, 2008
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I never heard that comparison either that’s why I was a little shocked.

Here is my bold comparison, I still prefer Robinho over Hulk

12. arun10

arun10 Member

May 31, 2005
    HULK was not given enough chances in the NT.He came in as a late substitute for most of the games.
    Hulk is better than PATO and Robinho .He will give an extra dimension to the Brazil attack which looked so lightweight in the copa america when Pato-robinho and Neymar started.Hulk is fast,strong and skillfull.He is a very good passer and his dead ball skills are also good.
    I won't compare Neymar and Hulk since Neymar is still in the development phase.
    But Hulk is definitely a better option than Robinho and Pato.Hulk's Goal scoring + assist record is better than Pato and Robinho combined for the past season.

13. scabbt22

scabbt22 Member

Feb 14, 2008
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Pato is competing with Damiao not Hulk. Hulk is a winger.

I hope he gets his opportunity to play. Especially against Mexico who is a very good squad & we'll see what he has to offer.

14. Muurad

Muurad Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    I havn't compared Neymar and Hulk at all as far as whos better - I just said Hulk opposed to Lucas and even Neymar in this stage is a more advanced player, and and I did not only mean on the ball skills, but mainly mentally and physically.

I'm saying again - if he would agree and if Porto would agree to sell him to Chelsea like the English side wanted, and he made his 45-50 milion euro move there, we wouldn't even have this discussion right now - and you guys know it as well as I do, all due respect to Lucas and Robinho.

When Hulk is "out of sight, out of mind" in Porto it's easy to dismiss him and say stuff like "it's the portugal league", although we see Falcao for example is tearing it up in an even bigger rate in Spain for example, and that Hulk shown his superiority in European competitions whenever he played them aswell.

15. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Gotta agree partially with my pal Muurad here, something similar happened to David Luiz, who only got called and (somewhat) recognized round here after moving to Chelsea. I'm guilty of this, I must admit.

Indeed Hulk didn't have a fair chance in the seleção yet... It's just that Lucas has been waiting for so long and he answered very well on his first opportunity as a starter, it's hard to drop him to bench again to accomodate Hulk. Mano says that he will rest Neymar due to the overload of games he has already played this year, probably that's going to be a big chance for Lucas and Hulk to show what they are made of.

16. Kaka10725

Kaka10725 Member+

Jun 1, 2007
    I have to agree Hulk is more proven at this point than both Lucas and Neymar. I would like to see him get a full run and see what he capable of. We have some quality depth at the wing forward position.

17. scabbt22

scabbt22 Member

Feb 14, 2008
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Hulk is older than both Lucas and Neymar but not sure if he's more proven. These next two games will be a good test for Hulk especially if Mano is going to sit Neymar. I'm cheering for Hulk, really am but he's not better than Lucas or Neymar. Sorry I can’t see it.

18. Dribble&Trix

Dribble&Trix Member

Apr 14, 2005
    Are You really not comparing them?
    In individual ball skills its obvious that Neymar and even Lucas is better
    but on some other skills I can agree with You, maturity, team play etc.
    Neymar needs to improve his shooting.

Just going to Chelsea is not enough, he has of course to show that he can perform as he has done in Porto. And still I think we would have this conversation, but I agree that this about Portuguese league would not be such an issue or as easy to dismiss as You said.

I definately agree that its power that Hulk adds to the offense
    though his passing ability is not his strong point but is improving,
    very good crosses from both sides.

About Pato, one might wonder what his role is and what he is best suited for.
    Not really a powerful center forward...

Could depend whoelse is complementing the team
    but to a certain degree players like
    Nilmar,Pato,Robinho,Neymar seems too similar
    and needs to be complemented with a more powerful player
    ideally centerforward or striker
    or at least at certain game situation You want to do this
    to change the game and the way You play.

19. cashflow

cashflow Member

May 31, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I was disappointed Elkeson didnt get a run out....would rather him than Diego Souza