Roberto Soldado the future Raul Gonzalez

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by ohgod, Feb 7, 2006.

1. ohgod

ohgod Red Card

Dec 16, 2005
  2. Madridi

Madridi Member

Sep 15, 2005
    The 971
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think he could be the next Raul if HE'S GIVEN A CHANCE!!

3. nuff_said

nuff_said Member

Jul 25, 2005
    BigSoccer - RM Forum
    I like Soldado, very good finisher but right now he can't even make the bench

4. lizardking

lizardking New Member

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago
    The arrival of Cassano totally killed his chance. I guess he is the fourth striker for Real, which currently plays a single striker....

I expected Cassano to be an AML, but so far Cassano has always been used as a striker.... Maybe this could change....

Future is not bright for Soldado...

Could anyone tell me how Raul cut into the first team when he was young? I mean, why Real Madrid was willing to rely on him in those days? Wasn't Raul facing the same situation as Soldado?

5. Ohboyj

Ohboyj New Member

Feb 2, 2006
    Soldado=Next Raul Robinho=Next Ronaldo

Cassano Ronaldo and Raul doesnt have long again to Play for Madrid sooo If Soldado stays focussed He will get his place.

6. Butragueño

Butragueño Member

Nov 29, 2005
    Madrid
    Raul came at the perfect time when Butragueño was ageing and nearly finished. He got his chance and he largely outperformed him.

7. Madridi

Madridi Member

Sep 15, 2005
    The 971
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Raul is 28, Ronaldo is 29 and Cassano is 23, so they all "have long to play for Madrid"... atleast 4-5 years for Ronaldo and Raul.
    I think Soldado is great but not the next Ronaldo.

whenever I think of Soldado I can't help but think of Portillo, Morientes and so on...

8. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    i dont agree...

I feel Raul is TOO versitle... the guy can play striker, wings, attack mid, and center mid if he wanted... Soldado skill is strickly striker, he has made many chances for his self also.... so he seems to be more of a guy he gets the pass and makes the goal not the guy who can move ALL around or make a goal for himself like Raul

9. Maki Navaja

Maki Navaja New Member

Jul 2, 2005
    Japan
    Valdano took a chance on the wunderkind, and he started scoring almost immediately. He also seemed very down to earth soccer-smart right from the get-go.

10. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    guys we have to realize that when you have a chance.. you HAVE TO take it...

Robinho given a chance on the left... HE TOOK IT...
    Guti given chance at CM... HE TOOK IT
    Ramos given chance EVERYWHERE... HE TOOK IT
    Cicinho given chance at RB... HE TOOK IT...

Baptista given chance... WASTED IT
    Soldado given chance ... He scored 3 times, but still he didnt make the same impression the great RAUL made.. so how can he winn a place?
    Garcia given chance... GAVE us 100000000 yellow cards

you see what im saying?

when your given a chance you have to TAKE IT BY FORCE the way Raul did... if you dont you will be another Portillo... so we cant KEEP begging for these guys to KEEP getting chances when they not making the best out of the ones they are getting...

understand?

11. laudrup

laudrup BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 14, 2005
    I've heard this so many times I can't take it seriously...

12. gringotuno

gringotuno New Member

Aug 24, 2004
    Miami, Florida
    No way he will ever follow in the footsteps of Raul. Real Madrid is no longer a team that a world class striker will be developed from within, unfortunately. Eto'o could have been that man... but we all know how that turned out. Soldado can prove his worth by being loaned out like Eto'o... but we will have to accurately predict a worthwhile improvement with first division play (something we did not read accurately with Eto'o).

I do not expect Soldado to stay as a B team player or first team benchwarmer next season... it would be a waste of talent, potential, and $. If he proves his worth, then he should be brought back as the 3rd striker behind 2 real strikers (like a Raul, Ronaldo, Cassano but not Robinho or Baptista).

13. anirbanblah

anirbanblah New Member

Jan 16, 2002
    India

Very good point. And you don't even need to be a spectacular success like Ramos. Just showing you belong is sometime enough... look at Mejia.

14. Achillean

Achillean Member

Apr 13, 2005
    am i the only one who believes.....

Soldado>Babtista

anyone?

15. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    yah. even if he's not the next raul he's better than this boob.

16. nuff_said

nuff_said Member

Jul 25, 2005
    BigSoccer - RM Forum
    *raises hand*

As a striker, yes. Baptista also plays MF during his time at Sevilla I think

17. dooda

dooda Member+

Jun 8, 2005
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    soldado reminds me more of portillo than raul, portillo was scoring jus as much in the lower leagues, who can forget his goal against dortmund? we sent him to fiorentina and when we got him back he barely got ne playin time n when he did i still remember a goal he scored..

ne idea if Caro wants to keep him for next year? i cant see portillo spendin another season on madrids bench without decent playing time..

lets hope this isnt the same for soldado

18. nuff_said

nuff_said Member

Jul 25, 2005
    BigSoccer - RM Forum
    Isn't Portillo on loan at the Budesliga now with Club Brugge?

19. dooda

dooda Member+

Jun 8, 2005
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    he is i meant another season like last year and the years b4..

n i guess worryin wether caro would want to keep him or not isnt that important cuz we hav to worry wether perez wants to keep caro or not first :p

20. GRBomber

GRBomber Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Brasília - Brazil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I think that Robinho will be the next Ronaldinho.

21. Santiago23

Santiago23 New Member

Jun 17, 2005
    Slovenia
    Thats Belgium my friend, not Germany
    ;)

22. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    In those days you could only have 3 foreigners (which includes EU players not from your own country) there was no possibility to sign a Cassano, or an Owen without removing one of the three foreigners you already had. So if you couldn't find another Spanish player to take that place, you'd have to rely on your youth.

23. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    wow!! really?!

thanks for the info.

24. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    lomfao.... funny no where close eh?

anyways... i SECOND the motion of Robinho being RM's Ronadlinho...

25. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Well in terms of geographical location they border but I assume you are talking about how his guess of the German League was not close to that of the Belgian league. :D :D