robbie rogers announces he's gay and is stepping away from soccer

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Fanaddict, Feb 15, 2013.

1. aw, baby got his feewings hurted, when will the bad men leave baby alone and not call out his disgustwing bwehavior?

2. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    I think we all wish him well. I still don't get the retirement concerns. It sounds more selfish than supportive. I think we should support him regardless of how his decisions affect the Chicago Fire.

I'll repeat what I said previously: if he doesn't want to play offer to hire him in support.

chiladd repped this.
  3. chiladd

chiladd Member+

Mar 21, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    He's happy in North London doing the things which he believes are core to who he is.Really dont see the need to drag it out and try to lure the guy away from his happiness.

*read my post and realized it looked like I was argueing with, I didnt edit my original post but added this to clarify I am agreeing with your atatement and backing it*

bunge repped this.
  4. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Ben, I think I misread your previous post and I agree with this sentiment.

Apologies.

bunge repped this.
  5. LEEP

LEEP Member

Jul 31, 2007
    lockport, il
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is assuming DO was going to score 10+ goals this year. Actually I loved DO coming on with a lead. One of the smart strategic moves on Frank's part last year.

6. alf

alf Member+

Jun 29, 1999
    Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Some things are bigger than soccer.

And if he ever does decide to return to soccer, the Fire will still hold his rights. And even if he never does, it doesn't mean we got a bad deal on the Oduro-Duka trade.

7. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We got a bad deal on the Duka trade no matter what, because we got Duka

Chris M. and burningfire repped this.
  8. burningfire

burningfire Member+

May 15, 2009
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    well played ...sir

9. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Let's give Duka a chance to disappoint us prior to declare this trade a bust.

Maybe Duka will surpise us.

10. bunge

Oct 24, 2000
    This is BigSoccer.

loonixxx repped this.
  11. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    Come on man. The guy has already played about a hundred minutes for us in pre-season friendlies. What more proof do you need. ;)

loonixxx repped this.
  12. HerthaBerwyn

HerthaBerwyn Member+

May 24, 2003
    Chicago
    There is seldom an opportunity for a player to transcend the game and become a general cultural figure. I think of Jackie Robinson/Pee Wee Reese, Roberto Clemente, Billie Jean King, (Help me out here). Rogers has the opportunity to be iconic. That isnt to be lightly discarded. It would take an iron constitution, as Robinson displayed that first year. Should he reconsider the long term implications of this narrow window of opportunity, and decide to try to make our roster, Section 8 would have a similar opportunity to assist in long term advancement of civilization.

I would move down from the upper deck to be involved.

goldclover and bunge repped this.
  13. fireman451

fireman451 Member+

Jun 26, 2002
    The Midwest
    Club:
    --other--
    Indeed.

Duka is already a failure up and until he scores a game winner for the Fire where we will hold him up as the next Peter Nowak.

The following game he'll be responsible for an own-goal and a not marking well which allows another goal and we will demand he get traded to FC Dallas for a 2nd round pick in the 2020 MLS Super Draft and call for Klopas to be canned.

Well, I'm ahead of the curve. Please trade Duka now and kick Klopas out before the season begins. We don't need a president and we don't need a head coach.

bunge repped this.
  14. Salvatore Giuseppe

May 4, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago
    He scored the go ahead goal yesterday >_>

15. fireman451

fireman451 Member+

Jun 26, 2002
    The Midwest
    Club:
    --other--
    He needs to score in a real game, not an off season cup that carries little weight . . . even though the CCC is more important than a supporters cup like the Brimstone or the nuttybuddy.[​IMG]

16. ratdog

ratdog Member+

Mar 22, 2004
    In the doghouse
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dilly is a fail because he went to Montville Township High School which is a public school and we all know that nobody good at anything ever came from a public school.

17. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Excellent post. Thanks.

18. DisgruntledFireFan

Sep 30, 2007
    Again, your hypocrisy is hilarious. Hate is hate. I've got nothing but respect for Rogers stepping away from the game in his pursuit of happiness. I wish him nothing but the best.

You acting like a hateful ********tard is just perpetuating the cycle. Hate begets hate.

And while the comparisons to a Jackie Robinson type aren't totally off base, Rogers would have a huge groundswell of support none of those others had and a very active community of activists behind him. It'd still suck and I don't fault anybody one bit for not wanting to deal with the shitshow that would ensue.

19. yeah well silence = tacit acceptance, and I will never accept the opinions of the posters I ridiculed for their ridiculous jokes and views

20. DisgruntledFireFan

Sep 30, 2007
    Accepting their opinions and coming off as an equally extreme ********tard are two entirely different things.

21. bunge

Oct 24, 2000
    Hate is not hate.

22. Pablo Chicago

Pablo Chicago Member+

Sep 7, 2005
    Sweet Home Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ...Love is not love
    Which alters where it alteration finds.

23. you seem pretty mad, maybe take a break for a while?

24. SixKick

SixKick Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2000
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  25. bunge

Oct 24, 2000
    And seems pretty sure it would be LA and not the Fire.