News: Road to the Roster: Klinsmann concerned about Jermaine Jones.

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by TheHoustonHoyaFan, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    While I don't think Silva is bad--he's not a '10' liek the poster points him out to be. Maybe against lesser competition, yes--he can slice and dice defenses with passes but when the physicality, skill, and pace of the game gets turned up...he can't keep up like he showed me at the center of the park. As a focal point, Silva just isn't it.

As a supporting striker, outside mid like Pontius, I think he will see more success especially if you add in a more talented 10 to take the pressure off of him and to als ogive him more space, and time on the ball which makes him better.

Is he bad? No. Is he a good 10? No. Can he do well next to a good 10? Probably. Like Fred for DCU--he was thought to be a 10, but when played there he wasn't good. He needed a Gomez, Gallardo to do well or even moreno.

2. CDPontaDelgada

CDPontaDelgada Member+

CD Santa Clara
    Aug 15, 2012
    Ponta Delgada PT
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    The players that the US should call is Lee Nyguen and Kaelyn Rowe I live in Mass and I go to revs games and these guys are the real deal........Rowe has a work rate and Lee is the most technical layer in the MLS

3. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I agree on Lee--He's talented. I don't get why he has gotten the snub yet Feilhaber has still gotten a ton of chances. I rate Lee higher than Benny.

4. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    How old is Pirlo

5. Rexazure

Rexazure Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Club:
    Genoa CFC
    Will be 35 for the world cup. And to be fair, they might both play in the same areas but Pirlo plays an INCREDIBLY easier game on the body.

Also, if it was any other country, Totti and Toni could be on the plane to Brazil. Prandelli is already likely to choose some older strikers so adding more will be a huge risk (Cassano, Gilardino, Lil Pepito Rossi who is young but a constant injury risk).

I still think Jones has to be in the 23 and start if we are keeping Cameron at RB. Or maybe experiment with a 3 CM midfield with Jones and Edu playing a pulley and Bradley as an ACM with the option of helping back. I refuse to believe that Jones can't be trained to stay back when necessary.

SUDano repped this.
  6. TabLalas

TabLalas Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The ideal age bracket for World Cup players is the 25-28 age group.

7. Cannons

Cannons Member+

May 16, 2005
    I also would like to see Lee get a look. I've read he was in the pool at lower levels but has not had a sniff under JK. Almost too late now but he should have got a look a year ago. Maybe now that Vasquez has been promoted to scout... he'll be discovered :rolleyes: He certainly is far better than Sacha or any of the younger ones ... including Green

8. TabLalas

TabLalas Member+

Mar 29, 2007
    Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This next two years after the World Cup ,we could see a ton of new faces introduced and get playing time.

9. TheHoustonHoyaFan

Oct 14, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Practicing "the grind"
    [​IMG]

10. spike

spike Member

Feb 22, 2001
    Tejas
    :thumbsdown: Well, who can argue with that ...? WTF?

aarond23 repped this.
  11. Footsatt

Footsatt Member+

Apr 8, 2008
    Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Actually, the Itlay coach ruled Totti and Toni out, but there are these guys that are on his 40 man preliminary list... (sorry for the repost, but it looks like some missed it)

This list does not include 2 goal keepers that are in their 30s. Italy likes to field old teams...

M - Pirlo - 34 (35 in May)
    D - Barzagli - 32 (33 in May)
    LB - Pasqual - 32
    F - Cassano - 31 (32 in July)
    S - Gilardino - 31 (32 in July)
    M - De Rossi - 30 (31 in July)
    CM - Aquilani - 29 (30 in July)
    D - Chiellini - 29 (30 in August)
    CM - Parolo - 29
    M - Montolivo - 29
    M - Poli - 29

12. SPA2TACU5

SPA2TACU5 Member+

Jul 27, 2001
    ATX
    No one repped this back in April? :whistling:

13. deuteronomy

deuteronomy Member+

Angkor Siem Reap FC
    United States
    Aug 12, 2008
    at the pitch
    Club:
    Siem Reap Angkor FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lol, do you really believe you are the only poster who noticed this?

SPA2TACU5 repped this.
  14. SPA2TACU5

SPA2TACU5 Member+

Jul 27, 2001
    ATX
    Sometimes, yes. :x3: