Road to Brazil 2014: ' The Hex ' General Discussion.

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by JohnnyFutbol, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Mr. Conspiracy

Mr. Conspiracy Member+

Apr 14, 2011
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Over what? A draw? Right now Mexico looks like shit, can't even get 3 at home where they always win. But hey, the fans did show alot of promise pegging CR players trying to take Corners....

2. EAB206BLUES

EAB206BLUES Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jamaica pretty much has to win out and hope for other results to even have a chance...slim

I thought Panama played ok in Seattle vs the Nats had a couple opportunities. They just don't have the firing power up top . Perez not there was a huge miss not saying the result wouldn't have been the same but Panama could had been a bit more dangerous.

I think JDV needs to start coming up with some new match plans if he wants Panama to remain competitive in the Hex until the very end. In my opinion for Panama to even get a top 4 place they need to win and at least pick up a draw in one their remaining 3 Road matches (4 out of 12) and win out at home. Also hope for some results. Big match vs Costa Rica coming up!

3. faiyez

faiyez Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Costa Rica
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Quick! Go to the Azteca now for a guaranteed point! Limited time offer only!

4. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    US looks pretty assured of a place currently: Jamaica is pretty much out but can still be a "dream killer".

The rest is a pack of teams fighting for some consistency. In regards to Mexico, even playing as poorly as they are now I would be shocked for them not to finish at least 4th and in that case, I would be surprised if they weren't able to get past New Zealand. Then again, wins at home vs. Jamaica, US and CR were pretty much a given before the games were even played.

5. Pønch

Pønch Saprissista

Aug 23, 2006
    Donde siempre
    This made me chuckle :p

[​IMG]

Catracho_Azul, MetroChile and El Chuma repped this.
  6. El Chuma

El Chuma BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 17, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This offer might not be limited, it just might be a permanent fixture.

7. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

I think it's going to ultimately come down to our fixture in Honduras, where Panama has had our number.

8. Overachiever

Overachiever Member+

Nov 18, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Lol but the thing with us is that we can win away from home aswell so it doesnt matter where we tie in this hex we can always get it back, and as shit as you say we are we are still in place to qualify for Brazil for the world cup so I wouldnt say we are shit Id say we are okay and that CR trying to take corners was a complete was of time it was obvious lol

9. Mr. Conspiracy

Mr. Conspiracy Member+

Apr 14, 2011
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Honestly Mexico is really surprising me by not being able to win at home. I think anyone who realistically looks at CONCACAF knows that Mexico is the team to beat and the US is 2nd. But so far in this HEX Mexico hasn't played like it. And dropping so many points at home has to be a concern to Mexican fans. My statement about their playing like shit is true, especially when you compare their current form to their recent form over the past couple of years. As for qualifying, hell Mexico should qual every time out, as should the US. Being in the top 3 out of 6 in Concacaf for Mexico and the US should be a given. That Mexico is struggling the way they are is surprising.

As for what the fans were doing on the Corners, They started pelting the CR player as soon as he approched the spot, a sad display by the Mexican fans. Even worse was when they were given 7 mins of extra time, a reward for Mexico at home for unruly behavior by their fans. Not that it will happen, but it would serve Mexico right if they had to play a closed door qualifier their next home match.

10. Overachiever

Overachiever Member+

Nov 18, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Any team goes through a slump and if you consider Mexico playing like shit when they are just tying not losing games then dam the rest of CONCACAF including the US has a minnow like mentality towards Mexico, and as for the fans theres hooliganism every where its a part of soccer especially to a growing soccer country

11. evangel

evangel Member+

Apr 12, 2007
    That might actually help them. I think their fans might be a big reason why they've been performing so poorly at home.

Mr. Conspiracy repped this.
  12. Mr. Conspiracy

Mr. Conspiracy Member+

Apr 14, 2011
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will put this simply, when you play on the road your first goal is to get a point. When you play at home you play to get 3 pts. This is the accepted path to making it out of the HEX and into the WC. Right now Mexico seems like they are playing for the pt at home, and given the very impressive Home Record Mexico has, it is very surprising. As for the US, yes we play to get a pt in Mexico, but we play to get the 3 at home, and we have done just that in the last 3 Home WCQ's v Mexico and we had a draw at home v Mexico in 98.

13. Mr. Conspiracy

Mr. Conspiracy Member+

Apr 14, 2011
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mexico isn't a growing soccer nation, they are an established soccer nation and the conduct of their fans is unacceptable.

14. Overachiever

Overachiever Member+

Nov 18, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The thing with Mexico is that we can get 3 points anywhere we go so it doesnt matter if we start to slump at the begining of the hex we will somehow end up getting the results either way
    Compared to Brazil and Spain we are a growing soccer nation but to you guys we arent and with the fans that just comes with the territory unless someone does something to change it if it was such a big problem

15. JohnnyFutbol

JohnnyFutbol Member+

Nov 5, 2009
    Haddonfield
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    So six months of being in slump is enough for you to believe that Mexico has stopped growing as a soccer nation?

Are you knew to football or something? Teams go through slumps, its going to happen to every team eventually, and we're unfortunately experiencing one at an unfortunate and crucial time.

And as for the fans, don't get shit twisted - Chilangos are scum when it comes to being respectful and being human beings, a lot of Mexicans cant stand their bullshit antics that give the rest of the fans a bad name, fuck them - i hope Mexico starts playing in places where they're actually appreciated, and Azteca doesn't have the effect on teams as in the past, so hopefully the FMF does something about this because its a disgrace all around.

Rickdog and El Chuma repped this.
  16. Wiso

Wiso Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2007
    Phoenix
    Club:
    Club León
    for ticos to be upset because there were bottles thrown is ridiculous.
    I was at a La liga and saprisa game and the coach got hit with a battery.

And the dam liguistas assaulted me and stole my watch and my gir's glasses.

Not faulting The ticos.. But to say it is horrible in Mex is beyond stupid

17. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

what were you doing in Costa Pobre to begin with anyways? smh

18. JohnnyFutbol

JohnnyFutbol Member+

Nov 5, 2009
    Haddonfield
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    LIES!

Mexico is the ONLY place in the world where things like that happen.

19. Pønch

Pønch Saprissista

Aug 23, 2006
    Donde siempre
    No me extraña en lo más mínimo, todos los liguistas son unas lacras :)

Supongo que obviamente ganamos ese partido, ¿correcto?

20. Mr. Conspiracy

Mr. Conspiracy Member+

Apr 14, 2011
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Perhaps you don't understand my statement, are you saying Mexico is a growing soccer nation such as the US is? I mean the US has only started being a truly competitive team since the 90's, I was always under the impression that Mexico is an established soccer nation with a storied history. Are you saying that isn't the case?

21. JohnnyFutbol

JohnnyFutbol Member+

Nov 5, 2009
    Haddonfield
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I don't think any nation wants to stop growing, every national team strives for one thing, winning the world cup.

And yes, Mexico is more established and prestigious than the U.S.

Obviously.

Overachiever repped this.
  22. El Chuma

El Chuma BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 17, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is some logic here I actually agree...:thumbsup:

I was at Azteca, an the Mexicans I spoke with said they should be in Puebla.

23. TrueCrew

TrueCrew Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Honestly, I can't believe how much Mexico are struggling. Still, I get the feeling that a damn is about to burst. If they can just get the first one, the pressure will lift, and the goals will come.

Hope they do CONCACAF proud at Confed Cup.

24. JohnnyFutbol

JohnnyFutbol Member+

Nov 5, 2009
    Haddonfield
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Indeed.

I think the draw in Honduras really messed with the players and mind.

Being two goals up away and than letting them back in the match was a huge blow and we really haven't been the same since - total snowball effect.

We win that match by even one goal, I think we would not be in this situation. But that is football.

25. Mr. Conspiracy

Mr. Conspiracy Member+

Apr 14, 2011
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's very apparent that you lack the understanding or the intellectual capacity to discuss this topic with me. Funny how you even had to use my own remark of mexicants in reference to the US.

Don't worry Mexico will get to the WC and they will make it to the second round where they will get beat once again.