RM Castilla...La Tercera Edición.[R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by macaluca, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  2. madridista_hr

madridista_hr Red Card

Real Madrid
    May 21, 2009
    Here
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Our goalie is trying really hart do beat Valdes from last Clasico.

3. jgun07

jgun07 Member

Jul 28, 2007
    Illadelph
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Man...Mejias continues to come up with new ways to let in goals. Hanging on the crossbar while the ball bounces right in front of the goal and goes in. :sick:

4. WhiteBlood

WhiteBlood BigSoccer Supporter

May 31, 2006
    Kuwait
    That was pretty embarrassing..

5. jgun07

jgun07 Member

Jul 28, 2007
    Illadelph
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't know wtf he was thinking. Can't say that I've ever seen anything like it.

6. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That was clearly offside. Nice :D

7. madridismoorg

madridismoorg Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Madrid
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Second half just kicked off... [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

8. -Reivax-

-Reivax- Member+

Aug 10, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  9. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Sergi Gomes is a piece of sh*t. I would have kicked his head in after that.

Delofeo is such a little girl. This guy thinks he's some kind of star already. What a wuss.

10. jgun07

jgun07 Member

Jul 28, 2007
    Illadelph
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    3-2 FT. Nice win for the youngsters to get things going. I thought Alex and Dennis had really nice performances. Still can't get over Mejias' gaffe, that was epic (not in a good way obviously).

11. demogorgon

demogorgon Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Victory :cool:.

One thing though (please don't read this if you are alergic to my posts). This team is too old. The main puropse of Castilla is to develop youngsters to play for the first team. If you look at our line-up, only Jese and Alex are still young enough (and good ) to have a chance of that happening. The rest of the team is simply too old for that and the best they can hope for is to sign a contract with clubs like Mallorca, Osasuna...

12. jgun07

jgun07 Member

Jul 28, 2007
    Illadelph
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This is asinine. So you think players like Jose Rodriguez, Raul de Thomas, Cristian Benvente and Omar are too old? Go look up their ages and come tell me again how there are only 2 players in the team that are young enough to have a shot of making the 1st team. This doesn't even account for the fact that 21 years old is far from too old. Not everyone is a teenage phenom. And of course, let's forget we are talking about the best team in the world that these guys are trying to get into.

Of course we've had to sign some players with 2nd division experience to fill out the squad, that's what happens when you move up a division, you try to stay in it. You have to balance that development with keeping the team in as competitive a division as possible.

13. demogorgon

demogorgon Member

Jul 18, 2006
    I have great hopes for Jose Rodriguez, but he needs to play... I do realize that we had to sign some experienced players after we lost Carvajal, Morata (although he can still play for Castilla) and Joselu, but the focus should be on the best prospects. Give them as much playing time as possible, even if that means we won't get as many points as otherwise.

That said, I think Toril is doing a good job and I trust him he'll do the right thing, even though i don't agree with everything he's doing.

Oh, Fabinho, doesn't look as bad as I though he will.

14. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Besides a few exceptions, that's the fate of the majority of the youth team players on major clubs across Europe. The former captain of Barcelona B is playing in Cyprus, and there's enough youth team players from clubs like Bayern or Manchester United that play second division football.

15. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Yeah, that is a tricky one if you want Castilla to remain strong in Segunda. They will face a lot of veteran squads - many with players that have spent time in Primera. This is one of the questions I've asked out in this threas: what is the club's plan for Castilla. I suspect we will see an attempt to keep us strong in Segunda which will require us to look at players that may not have that same potential you are mentioning. Tough scenario indeed.

16. madridismoorg

madridismoorg Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Madrid
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Here are some more photos from tonight's match:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

It was a great atmosphere, almost like the Real Clásico, but with much more "Puta Barca Puta Barca Eh" than you hear at the Berneabeu.

Zona mixta interviews:

Alex Fernandez (We grabbed him for this one):

Jese Rodriguez

Denis Tcheryshev

AriGold, -Reivax-, jgun07 and 3 others repped this.
  17. -Reivax-

-Reivax- Member+

Aug 10, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    As some other posters have already said, I think those older players are inevitable if we want to remain competitive in Segunda, which in turn will benefit the few players that are capable of making the first team like Jese and Alex.
    Since Real Madrid is arguably the greatest club in the world it's only natural that so few of the canteranos have the potential to break into the senior squad. Our priority should be to develop those talents as good as we can, preferably in Segunda.

9Qui repped this.
  18. madridista_hr

madridista_hr Red Card

Real Madrid
    May 21, 2009
    Here
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    When talking about ages of players.. I've not checked this, but this should be true, ages of players in reservs Clasico:

Castilla: 18, 19, 19, 21, 21, 22, 23, 23, 23, 24, 24
    Barca B: 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 20, 20, 21, 22, 23, 25

Khmmmm, noticable differences...

19. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    Oooh, that looked like a PK against Castilla in their game against Xerez, instead the ref booked Maldonado for diving :eek:

20. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid

It looked like a penalty during normal play, but it actually was a dive during the replay. Pretty sharp view from the referee.

21. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    So back to this game, I was distracted by Honey Boo Boo :eek::D, it ends 3-2 for Castilla and they sit in a pretty respectable 10th in Segunda. It didn't look good the first twenty minutes into it as Xerez went ahead but the boys dug deep and little by little took control of the game. Morata and Jese were solid with a goal apiece and scattered moments of lovely individual skill from both of them that showed their class. Hopefully we'll see both of them with the first team as the season goes on, signings like Borja Garcia (who looked decent today) and holding onto Juanfran and even Mateos means players like Jese joining up with the first team won't be that much of a blow. And our little Ginger-In-Training continues to quietly chug along, he seems to have a bit more "bite" this season so far.

natenate101 repped this.
  22. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    Reading rumours from a few places that Enzo might be promoted directly to Castilla shortly skipping alot of the youth teams inbetween, would love to get the thoughts of other members around on this.

One of our youth coaches evaluations on Enzo:
    “A player who does not stand out in physical appearance but in his technique and ball control. Can use both feet phenomenally and is destabilizing in one on one situations. The Midfielder who is now in its eighth season with the whites has offensive resources when arriving at goal and hits a good ball from long range.”"

23. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, sounds crazy. What's his age right now?

24. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    17 and he's already 6'2 lol

25. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Can you share where you read that? Very interesting.