Ex-River Platenses (Former Players)

Discussion in 'River Plate' started by locoxriver, May 29, 2012.

1. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Golazo de Buonanotte vs. Barcelona:

RiverGaucho repped this.
  2. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [​IMG]
    "Extraño el ambiente, a la gente, ver el estadio lleno. Por más que se gane lo que se gane, lo que vivimos no va a pasar nunca más, nos acompañaron y coparon todas las canchas del país”, cerró. Con relación a volver a vestir la camiseta de River, el actual delantero del Villarreal manifestó. “Siempre está la chance de regresar al club. Hoy estoy en desacuerdo con el presidente, pero es mi casa y en cualquier momento volveré. River está por encima de todo”.
    http://www.ole.com.ar/river-plate/futbol/Ramon-va-hacer-bien-River_0_853714925.html

Ramon in charge + Cavegol's contract in Spain ending in 6 months + him stating that he will "return in any moment" and that "River is above everything" (his differences with Passarella?)

I know, I know.. quite far fetched after what happened with his and Chori's departures, but I can dream right? Besides, he already had huge differences with Passarella the first time around and still managed to make a return. Who knows. I'm not counting on it, specially when you add Passarella's ego to the mix, but his quote did spark a small bit of illusion in me.

RiverGaucho repped this.
  3. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Chori's contract at Rayo is also for only 1 year. He is doing quite well there, but I think he'd return too.

The sad thing is, if they both return, it would feel like we wasted an entire year. Imagine if we had Chori instead of Mauro Diaz/Lanzini and Cave instead of Luna/Funes Muerto. With those two plus Mora, we'd be champions without a doubt.

To think, many "fans" including some on these boards, criticized el Cavegol for his bad physical condition, but he still scored goals! They brought us chino luna and the gordo is so useless he can't even touch the ball he is so slow.

DAP la concha de tu madre

4. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Now it turns out that Cavenaghi won't be having a spot under Villarreal's new coaching staff. I know it's not going to happen, but I would much rather invest the money we're offering for a 4-month Iturbe deal to sign Cavegol on a permanent basis instead.

5. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ramon should go to DAP and tell him he wants Cavenaghi.

A lot of people criticized Ramon for his failures away from River, but he has NEVER failed for us. The same is true of el Cavegol. He hasn't had much success in recent season, but for River he has always given us goals and won titles. Volve Cavegol!!!!!

6. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  7. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Wow, a blast from the past. Juan Pablo Raponi has joined Atletico Rafaela.

I was just talking about him in another thread when discussing the superclasico that was played in Miami back in 2002.

8. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Its been a busy day for Riverplatenses playing on the old continent....

First, Roberto "el Tucu" Pereyra took advantage of a rebound to give Udinese a 1-0 win over Torino

locoxriver repped this.
  9. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Also in Italy, Erik Lamela scored a rare right footed goal for Roma even though they lost to Samporia

10. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    In Spain, in what has been a very, very bad year for him, Alexis finally scored his first liga goal of the season in Barcelona's 6-1 demolition of Getafe.

11. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE
    Peyrera scord too.

EDIT: Ah well didnt see your post.

12. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Its incredible to think that in 50 games for River, Pereya didn't even manage a single goal.

13. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Good for Tucu.. a good, hardworking player.

As for Lamela.. Damn, what a season! He has more goals in Serie A this season than the likes of Diego Milito, Totti, Denis, etc. CRACK!

14. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I always really liked Tucu. I thought we never took advantage of his talent. His best games came under Cappa without a doubt when he and Affranchino attacked down the sides. Then JJ came and completely ruined the kid's progress and confidence

I'll never forget Passarella's infamous "No vamos a vender a Pereyra"

15. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  16. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Cavenaghi scored two goals in Pachuca's 4-2 win vs. Atlante. Coincidentally, the other two goals were scored by another ex-River: Daniel Luduena.

Looks like Cavegol is adapting quickly to Mexico. Just four games in, and the guy already has three goals. Bien Torito!

17. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    A bit random, but does anyone know how Cesar "Maestrico" Gonzalez is doing nowadays? I know he returned to Venezuela after his spell with River, but I haven't heard anything since. He didn't necessarily leave his mark, but he did earn us some important points.

18. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Gol de Ocampos in Monaco.

http://www.riverplate.com/Noticias/...ol-lucas-ocampos-monaco-vs-niort-francia.html

Monaco is currently first in Ligue 2 and with a good chance to return to Ligue 1. I think letting him go was a massive mistake, especially since with that money we haven't brought in anyone who has come close to replacing him.

I know he was playing in the B, but he was really important to us, no doubt he would be useful today considering how- not only do we score few goals- but we don't even create chances

19. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The thing with Ocampos is that everyone feared the Buonanotte situation would occur again - a young player is coming up as a huge crack, we turn down some offers, and couple years later he's worth only a 1/4th of what he used to be worth -- if that.

I personally think we sold Ocampos for a good number. Lamela's transfer, on the other hand, I think was a poor sale. Unlike Ocampos, it was always clear to me that Erik was one of those very special players. Not saying that the "Buonanotte situation" couldn't have happened to him either, but you could tell by his technique and ability that he was one of those players that just appears once an era, and not just a good player going through a good moment.

While 14 million euros wasn't pocket change (I'm sure we would have gotten less with Aguilar :rolleyes:), we still could have held on to him for a while longer and, on top of that,gotten more money. Oh well..

20. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    My problem is, we just haven't replaced him. Vangioni is a top player who I love, but he is a completely different type of player even though he plays down the left side. Rojas doesn't get forward, and is quite frankly better IMO playing through the middle than on the left.

That wasn't even Ocampos' preferred position. I think the ideal- obviously this is just me wishing something had happened, would have been selling Funes Mori, and having Ocampos play up front. But obviously, Funes Mori is worth 30 million euros o_O Though hey, maybe FM9 will score a hat-trick against Racing again and we will finally be able to sell him!

21. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ah.. of course! Funes Mori! He would have been a better example than Buonanotte of a player who's value drastically plummeted after rejecting a big offer. :sick:

22. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Not that Ocampos wasn't a big talent, he was. Besides, I think many people forget just how young he really was (17) when he played that whole campaign in la b.

However, I feel he was going in that FM/Buonanotte direction.. I really don't think we would have gotten another offer as good for him in the future, maybe not even close.

I still think the sale was good. As for him not being replaced, it's not the easiest of tasks finding a good player in that position, and much less of his skillset. It would have been nice to have a similar player take over his role, but that's usually not how it works.... at least in River.

Steazy McCloud repped this.
  23. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It was a big day for ex-River players.

Roberto "Tucu" Pereyra, Alexis, Falcao, Augusto Fernandez, and Lucho Gonzalez all scored for their teams today.

locoxriver repped this.
  24. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Typical GOLAZO del Cavegol vs. America. Unfortunately, Pachuca lost to America 4-2, but its good to see this crack on the score sheet for the 2nd game in a row.

El cavegoool el cavegoool el cavegoooool

locoxriver repped this.
  25. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So supposedly Falcao will be signing with Monaco for the time being. Him and Ocampos will be an interesting watch.