Rivero Injury

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by crazyjon85, Jan 29, 2013.

1. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We don't hate FIFA, we just hate drawing any opinions of actual players based on how their coded in the FIFA franchise (or any other game).

jayd8888 repped this.
  2. jayd8888

jayd8888 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Denver CO

Although as a non-gamer I find the information interesting. I would love to see some kind of report that backs up the assumptions the game is programmed with. But once I see those players with my own eyes the use I might have found in that information goes by the wayside.

3. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    Are these the ratings from last year, or someone's custom ratings?

At any rate, I take it 50 is low. Could just be they have no idea who Harbottle is and go with a low rating until he shows something. Contrast Edu's rating, clearly someone thought he had something left of his talent from his younger days.

4. Nick50

Nick50 Member

Jan 30, 2013
    Birmingham, UK
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    For starters purely on acceleration and pace he'd be miles over 50. FIFA's ratings are all relevant to the perceived size of the team he's playing for so because Harbottle came from the Primera Division in Chile FIFA probably won't have bothered to scout him etc.

5. xingyiz

xingyiz Member

Mar 26, 2011
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    When I play the World Cup Competition all of the Rapids are 85 as are all players for every team. Also, the Rapids are a lot better under my control than they are in real life. ;)

COMtnGuy repped this.
  6. dismemberment

dismemberment Member

Dec 10, 2007
    colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that futhead.com website is actually only for ultimate team but its from this year. they updated the team switches recently but outside of ultimate team is where they are added. they added them but probably dont got a real idea what there about. fifa does hire people like jasonma to do data collection and they all discuss stats i'd say they got them all pretty accurate more or less. You can hate fifa all you want the fact is every league uses the game to simulate the season and last year the fifa 12 game predicted man city and man u would be neck and neck and it would come down to the last season....

browns a 61 , Kindles a 57 , powers a 58 , harbottles like a 51? id have to relook i just laughed tho because it has his picture and everything. klutes a 61 calderon is a 61

7. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FIFA and about 1000 other pundits, fans, and commentators predicted this...

8. dismemberment

dismemberment Member

Dec 10, 2007
    colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah but every position was predicted they would live stream the week simulation. goal scorer's everything. It's a simulation everything in it is realistic. players pace strength dribbling everything. when you play with one player he feels different then another player.

9. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    I thought Thomas was paying back an account that had been set up by someone from Portland playing outside the unwritten 'play nice' friendly rules, with the coverage such as it was there was certainly a lot that went on off camera.

Having said that, I was thrilled that the match was streamed and appreciate how far things have came for coverage of low level matches like these. Sure the production values weren't great but anyone that can remember following matches with just matchtracker or on the radio knows that the stream was much better than either of those. Bonus that it is a you tube for later viewing as well. Thanks MLS.

Jasonma repped this.
  10. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    I thought Thomas was paying back an account that had been set up by someone from Portland playing outside the unwritten 'play nice' friendly rules, with the coverage such as it was there was certainly a lot that went on off camera.

Having said that, I was thrilled that the match was streamed and appreciate how far things have came for coverage of low level matches like these. Sure the production values weren't great but anyone that can remember following matches with just matchtracker or on the radio knows that the stream was much better than either of those. Bonus that it is a you tube for later viewing as well. Thanks MLS.

jdub3379 repped this.
  11. railwaystand

railwaystand Member

Jul 13, 2011
    The long winter nights must just fly by.......

12. Independiente

Independiente Member

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Mar 15, 2005
    Littleton, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's bad news. I thought with a year under his belt in the MLS, Rivero might flourish this year. Even though he was inconsistent handling the ball last season, he was able to connect some great passes that many other players would not see or attempt. His service was pretty nice on set pieces and what I liked most was how much field he covered during the game. I hope he recovers fully and is able to contribute this year. As for a replacement, I think it just changes up the dynamic a bit and maybe the formation shifts a bit. I'd say this opens a door for Cascio to get good minutes again this year and we'll see about Harbottle, Eloundou, and maybe others when they arrive. I'm not a big Kamani Hill fan, and he is not the same type of player as Rivero, but I agree he'll see some decent minutes too.

COMtnGuy repped this.
  13. Stuart95

Stuart95 Member+

Mar 11, 2012
    NoVA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MLS Soccer's March to Match podcast said it was due to a rough tackle by Deigo Chara

14. dismemberment

dismemberment Member

Dec 10, 2007
    colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    there a game today?

15. Stuart95

Stuart95 Member+

Mar 11, 2012
    NoVA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Houston, 6PM MT

16. dismemberment

dismemberment Member

Dec 10, 2007
    colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sweet. thank's ima watch this one in real time.

17. BYLRPhil

BYLRPhil Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You guys keep asking what happened, did you not see me post this? I posted a link to a video with the camera RIGHT ON HIM. No one touched him, it was just a freak accident.

18. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is it possible the injury actually happened right before that, but he didn't realize the extent (or the level of pain) until he tried to play the ball?

19. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    That's what I wondered. Though if it happened when he turned and passed, could that be a stress fracture? Seems like an odd way break a bone in the foot, but...I know nothing.

20. tonhtubra

tonhtubra Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    Fort Collins, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It looks like it didn't go until he planted after kicking that ball. Maybe it started with a tackle, but it looks like the majority of the damage happened right there.

21. xingyiz

xingyiz Member

Mar 26, 2011
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    I'm fairly new to twitter so when I was trying to follow Rivero's feed I looked at his pics and one of them was from October I think showing same ankle wrapped up and iced. Maybe something happened in the preseason game just before the kick where he goes down, but, I would guess that it's something that has been there for a while and it didn't need much to break. Like Totoro, though, I know nothing. On a side note I liked the article/interview with Harbottle. Sounds like he has a great attitude and I'm looking forward to seeing him play.

22. fischerw

fischerw Member+

Sep 15, 2004
    Joplin, MO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When I watched the game live, I remember seeing the actual impact with Diego Chará. It happened shortly before that, I think.

23. Buffbollocks

Buffbollocks Member

Aug 16, 2008
    Denver
    He got cleaned out by a tackle about 20 seconds before that clip. It was just off screen at the bottom of the screen if you were watching the stream online. He got up, tried to walk on it, and realized it was injured.

24. dismemberment

dismemberment Member

Dec 10, 2007
    colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    can we boo chara now like seattle and mullan :D

25. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    No way, Cascadia teams would never live the thuglife. They are so cool they play an August to May schedule.