Riverhounds potential Stadium @ Station Square

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Riverhounds' started by nandoal28, May 19, 2011.

1. Whitecaps10

Whitecaps10 Member

Jul 11, 2010
    Long Island,NY
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How soon will the stadium be completed?

2. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
  3. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Still seems awful quick, doesn't it?

And, for our purposes, it doesn't really matter if it's late September or next April because the Riverhounds won't be playing in it until next year.

4. song219

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    It leaves all Fall open for W. Penn. high school teams to play football there.

The tore-up turf will give us BigSoccer denizens an excuse to criticize the stadium in addition to the fact that it's not expandable to 20K. :p

markmcf8 repped this.
  5. ButlerBob

ButlerBob Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 13, 2001
    Evanston, IL
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like in the fall, it's going to be primarily used by some high school and college soccer teams. I forget the high school's mentioned, but imagine maybe some of the city schools. And for colleges, I seem to remember them saying Point Park and Carllow College. I think it's the Point Park coach that is one of the staff / assistant coaches with the Hounds.

6. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which are not "our purposes." :D

7. song219

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    I thought our purpose here on BigTurf was to endlessly debate field conditions? :rolleyes: :p

Nacional Tijuana repped this.
  8. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was going to call you out for linking to a story from last week, but then I looked at the date on the release and decided I'd rather poke fun at whoever thought last Friday's date was the 25th.

9. Kickballer

Kickballer Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Orlando,Fl
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
  10. Kickballer

Kickballer Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Orlando,Fl
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Light poles are up. Also, looks like the footings for the stands and scoreboard are coming along.

11. Bremas

Bremas Member

Sep 30, 2009
  12. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Small footprint, but, man, is that going to be picturesque.

13. Kickballer

Kickballer Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Orlando,Fl
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    [​IMG]

Whitecaps10 repped this.
  14. Macsen

Macsen Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I finally figured out where it's going, and I don't even wanna know how they're shoehorning it in there.

The view isn't bad, but the Allegheny shore is better than the Monongahela shore. I know. :p

15. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    That is cool, but every time I look at it, the parking lot is full. Wonder what it's going to be like when fans start coming to matches on top of that.

Nacional Tijuana repped this.
  16. DynamoEAR

DynamoEAR Member+

May 30, 2011
    HoustAtlantaDMV
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know sound like an idiot, but could the Nats come to the riverhounds stadium for like a tiny minnow team in the future?

17. Whitecaps10

Whitecaps10 Member

Jul 11, 2010
    Long Island,NY
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is going to be a nice stadium when it is finished. The view of the skyline will be amazing

18. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's only going to seat 3,500, so it would be the safest bet you could make that the senior national team would never play an actual international there. Not even a minnow. Wouldn't happen.

19. Pennsylvania Dave

Jul 31, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Yes but the Monongahela shore has a better chance of catching on fire than the Allegheny shore to scare opposing teams. o_O I do hope when this field floods they play the matches anyway... RIVERhounds...duh. Would Pitt be playing matches here ever?

20. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oy. They're selling PSLs.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Angela Nelson
    (412) 278-2200 x20
    anelson@riverhounds.com

PERSONAL SEAT LICENSES AT HIGHMARK STADIUM ARE NOW ON SALE

Pittsburgh, Pa. (September 21, 2012) Pittsburgh Riverhounds have announced that individual and corporate personal seat licenses (PSLs) are now on sale at Highmark Stadium.

PSLs are valid for all Riverhounds home soccer games. In addition, PSL holders are provided with the first option to buy tickets for concerts and other events to occur throughout the year at Pittsburgh’s newest downtown sports and entertainment venue. A variety of advertising opportunities are available for corporate PSL holders.

PSLs are sold in three tiers of seating within the main grandstand: tier one includes seating sections at center field; tier two includes seating in mid-field sections; and tier three includes the outer-most seating sections.

A limited number of seats throughout the grandstand have been reserved for PSLs and are selling fast.

For more information on individual and corporate PSLs, please contact the Riverhounds sales team at sales@riverhounds.com or call (412) 539-1191.

(They always say PSLs are selling fast. The Jets said PSLs were selling fast and Roger Goodell said they were a good investment.)

21. ftruscot

ftruscot Member

Feb 20, 2002
    Franklin, MA
    How is this different from my Revs Season Ticket getting me into all Revs home games, plus pre-sales on other events at the stadium (except Patriots games)?

22. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because all you had to buy was a season ticket, right?

Buying a PSL just gives you the right to then buy tickets on top of the PSL price (at least the traditional PSL does). It's a fee just for fee's sake, but they tell you you can actually sell the PSL on so that someone else then has the rights to buy tickets on top of that.

It's traditionally used to finance the construction or renovation of a stadium. I don't believe such a scheme has been used for a soccer stadium in this country before, though it's been used for NFL stadiums since Charlotte.

23. song219

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    Normally PSLs are sold when there is some sort of fear factor. "If I don't get this PSL the team will sellout tickets & I'll be stuck without one." Is there any reason for the Riverhounds to expect this sort of demand? I'd think PSLs would supress season ticket sales.

24. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Remains to be seen, I guess. I can't imagine, given how small the yard is, that the worst seats (should you get "stuck" there) are all that bad. Or that there'd be this huge rush to make sure you didn't get shut out of PSL seats.