River Plate Youth Teams

Discussion in 'River Plate' started by MHaifa1913, Feb 1, 2006.

1. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Juan Cazares (an Ecuadorian #10 who is a starter in the reserva) just scored a penalty for his country in the south american sub 20. they are beating colombia 1-0 thanks to his goal. Hes been a very interesting player for a while now, and this tournament is cementing his status as a great talent. We need to off load one of these muerto foreigners (Ballon or Rojas) so that this kid can come up and play in the primera

2. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  3. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE
    Messina is saying:

“En dos o tres años se verá mi trabajo”

Well, tu trabajo viejo, no es lo tuyo. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry but i dont like at what Passarella is doing on a lot of domains in the club and the inferiores being one of the most important if not the most. He's giving the post to a newbie? :confused:

4. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I agree it seems Passarella is picking a lot of his pals for these very important positions... JJ Lopez, Filliol, now Messina... We need to remember that all the joyas that are coming through to the primera now were all here in river long before passarella took charge

As a player, Passarella can never be questioned, by the best defender we ever had, but as a President i am becoming more and more skeptical of his actions

5. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm with you two on this one. If Passarella really is serious about the club, he should be looking to fill the positions with the best candidates, not his buddies.

I was already pissed when he removed Gabriel Rodriguez from the inferiores, despite his great job in recent years. That was his first move and it really reminded me of Aguilar, who fired Delem as soon as he became president.

There are things I like about Passarella, but certain things like this really tick me off. Let's hope it works out for the better, though.

6. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Couldn't agree more. You choose the best candidates for the job. Not your mates or who you think will be a yes man.

But how symptomatic is this of Argentine football even the nation as a whole ?

The juniors are the most important thing for the club as they are the future and they should get the best coaching, media training, pyschological profiling, nutritional supplementation even if they are only eight or so.

7. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE
    As a whole i dont know, i would say in the arg football sphere it's really common to have these kind of buddy-buddy stuff nowadays. I can get you the post because you're the friend of... or by simply having good contacts with the most important dirigeants.

8. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    this is the case somewhat, but this is specific to Passarella. He is a very difficult person to get along with, always has been, always will be. He is very controlling and wants everything does his way, so he puts people in place to do them his way. So why yes, JJ Lopez, Filliol, Messina, Pitarch and all these guys are Passarella's friends and ex-teammates, but also they assure him things will be done the way he wants them done and won't question it. Its basically a totalitarian government at River these days... I still back him, but we NEED to start seeing results on the field

9. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The reserve won 2-0 today. Coronel and Essomba scored...

I think Essomba could be an interesting option off the bench later in the tournament, i hope he gets a chance

10. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE
    It was 3-1 in the end, add Orban to the scoresheet.

11. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Hey guys, from the Ecua forum, whats the status on Cazares? Will he play with the reserve team or will he have some chances with the first team. Let me know, this kid is one of the most promising kids in Ecuador and even tho he had a dissapointing youth tournament in the eyes of most, he is still very promising.

12. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Just like in the Sudamericano Sub-20, River will be the team providing the most players for the Argentina youth NT in the upcoming Sudamericano Sub-17. 1/4 of the squad is from River (20 players in team; 5 millonarios).

The 5 Riverplatenses that will be playing are Federico Andrada, Lucas Pugh, Nahuel Mela, Lucas Ocampos, and Pablo Carreras.

The tournaments begins on March 12th. Argentina is scheduled to face Peru, Bolivia, Ecuador, and Uruguay in the group stage.

13. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I haven't heard much in regards to Cazares situation lately. At first they were saying that he couldn't play since River had all 4 foreigner slots filled up.. but just recently Rodrigo Rojas left back to Paraguay and Cazares still hasn't been moved up. I'm pretty sure he'll stay in the reserves for at least this season, but I definitely am interested in seeing him in Primera soon.

14. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Update on Cazares: he scored our reserve's third goal in our 3-2 win vs. Argentinos Jrs' reserves today.

The other two goals were scored by Mauro Diaz and the Cameroonian Many Essomba.

15. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW1C-wSOx1Y&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Reserva: River 3-2 Argentinos 06.03.11[/ame]

nice goals from diaz and cazares especially. also a few more nice moves that didn't result in goals

BTW i am under the impression that neither Cazares or Essomba count as foreigners because they came through the cantera

16. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE
    Great free-kick by Cazares... However, i dont like at all Essomba's style.

17. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    what dont you like about essomba? he has been scoring goals in every level of the inferiores hes played, and he had a hand in mauro's goal too, i admit he looks a bit clumsy at times, but River needs a 9 that puts the ball in the back of the net and he seems to do that even if its not pretty. not to mention the marketing advantages having an african player triumph in River would bring

18. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Argentina beat Peru 4-2 today in the Sudamericano Sub-17. We were down 2-0 from the start, but we managed to flip the score. Lucas Ocampos and Lucas Pugh, both Riverplatenses, were on the scoresheet.

19. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE
    I read lots of good things on Lucas Pugh, i can see why...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCJCKOkeG7w"]YouTube - ARGENTINA (4) - PERÚ (2) Sudamericano Sub 17 (2011.03.12)[/ame]

20. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Our youngsters in the Sudamericano Sub-17 keep on doing a good job. Ocampos and Pugh previously scored vs. Peru, while Andrada was on the mark vs. Uruguay. This time around Lucas Ocampos scored in our partial 2-0 lead vs. Bolivia (the game was suspended with 13 minutes left).

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJGV-koi2aI"]YouTube - Sudamericano Sub 17 Argentina 2 Bolivia 0 (Suspendido por falta de luz)[/ame]

It is worth noting that Ocampos's goal was assisted by fellow Riverplatense Federico Andrada, while Ocampos himself assisted the second goal.

21. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE
    Pugh scored the third goal in the last 13 minutes played.

22. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [​IMG]

Federico Andrada scored Argentina's only goal in today's 1-1 draw vs. Uruguay for the Sudamericano Sub-17.

23. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE
    Saw the goal, it reminds me some Cavenaghi goals used to score for fun back then. :cool:

24. Cavenaghi...GOL

Cavenaghi...GOL New Member

Nov 21, 2007
    I was going to say exactly the same - it was a very Cavenaghiesque finish!:)

25. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Andrada and Ocampos scored Argentina two goals last night as the albiceleste beat Colombia 2-1 to classify for the Mundial.Nahuel Mela and Pablo Carreras both came on.Have a look at Futbolpasion.com and see two delightful finishes