River Plate Youth Teams

Discussion in 'River Plate' started by MHaifa1913, Feb 1, 2006.

1. berloha

berloha Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Club:
    TSG 1899 Hoffenheim
  2. leoriver

leoriver New Member

Nov 29, 2003
    en el monu
    Re: Erik Lamela "El Nuevo Crack"

Hopefully we can enjoy this kid. How old is he?

3. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate

I think he's 16 Leo.

4. leoriver

leoriver New Member

Nov 29, 2003
    en el monu

thanks brotha

5. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

that kid is real tall... 2nd goal was sick... with how crappy the team did this year its suprising they didnt promote him

6. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

There are many interesting players in the lower divisions: from some of the more known ones like Pereyra and Mauro Diaz, to the younger players like Mussachio, Emmanuel Martinez, Villalva, Lamela, etc. Many of them are just way too young to be put on the pitch vs. the top Argentinean teams, but I do agree that they deserve some more chances.

7. pwip

pwip Member

Jul 10, 2004
    Dallas
    Re: River Plate Youth Team

greetings,

I am researching the teams attending the Dallascup. Can you direct me or tell me about some of the players on the U19 squad? Any youth national team players?

Regards

8. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Re: Erik Lamela

Might we see Erik play Sunday in the Copa Revancha Sunday night in Mendoza?? I say "yes". I wanna see him, Keko, Funes Mori, all play together at some point.

9. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Re: Erik Lamela

Unfortunately he didn't play. I would have loved to see him do this vs. Boca:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMrCvc0XhD0"]YouTube- Rabona de Erik Lamela (River Plate)[/ame]

:eek:

10. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    In case anyone was wondering, River has continued expanding over the years and now trains young, talented players not only in Argentina, but also in various different countries in South America.

Escuela de Futbol River - Lima, Peru:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZUSBZmvTvY"]YouTube- River Plate en Lima[/ame]

There is also a River soccer school in Santiago, Chile; Florianópolis, Brazil; Guayaquil, Ecuador (this has developed into a team that has reached Ecuador's B Division and even has it's own inferiores); Colombia; and Mexico. The schools whose countries' names appear in blue have their own websites (just click on the link/country's name).

Hopefully we'll see future "Falcao"'s coming out of these systems.

11. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE
    Where did this Gustavo Bou come from?

What a paquete of a player. Rarely seen a striker with a such poor technique. I dont know, he's somewhat the symbol the work in inferiores in Argentina (not only in River) has declined quite a lot.

12. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Bou had been forming part of River's inferiores for years. I don't know if he played in any other club's inferiores before that.

Although he often misses easy goals, I see some skill in him but a huge lack of self-confidence (I see the same in Andres Rios, for example). Either way, he's going to end up being another "Sambueza", IMO.

Still, I don't think it's fair to say that he is a symbol of the work in inferiores. In recent years we have seen River's inferiores produce talents such as Buonanotte, Keko Villalva, Mauro Diaz, and more recently Funes Mori and Lamela. Other clubs have also been raising great young players, such as Aguero, Salvio, Cristaldo, Zuculini, etc. We can't expect EVERY player to be another Messi.

13. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    I can't remember where I read it, but I remember when he first appeared, someone referred to him as the next Lucho Gonzalez. Now Lucho isn't a superstar player per say, but he has had a pretty successful career in Europe so far playing for two top clubs in their respective countries. Plus he has played for the National Team. Basically what I'm saying is that maybe it's too soon or early to compare these kids to players that are playing in Europe and for the National Team. Probably fills their heads with expectations and when they get on the pitch the pressure is too much.

14. Illrod3

Illrod3 Member

Jul 17, 2006
    Louisville, KY
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Rivers' Youth Squad beat Banfield yesterday 2-1 (Lamela and Luduena on goals). Nice start for the young ones. :)

15. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE
    He was compared to Lucho for his physical resemblence (back then he had long hair) not for his football skills, as one can see it.

16. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE
    No i was comparing more to the ones we used to release during the 90'. While the names you're citing are interesting, they dont stand against the likes of Saviola, D'Alessandro, Cavenaghi, Aimar... Buonanotte could be the closest but he was part of the team that finished at the last position... :rolleyes: (obviously, not his only fault, but he was part of it).

As for the others, they are definitely too green for now.

For the rest of the talent that made a breakthrough in first division, you're citing Aguero, but it was almost 5y ago now.
    Salvio, Cristaldo, Zuculini, while good are nothing out of this world.

17. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Checho Batista has called up forty U-20 players from various Argentine clubs for weekly youth national team training. He is expecting to take many of these players to next years Sudamericano Sub-20 and to the 2010 World Cup as sparrings.

Of the 40 players he called up, over 25% play for River. The list includes eleven players who are currently in River's youth divisions:

Daniel Villalva, Mauro Diaz, Ramiro & Gabriel Funes Mori, Erik Lamela, German Pezzella, Nicolas Pereyra, Ezequiel Cirigliano, Leandro Gonzalez Pires, Gabriel Gallucci and Rodrigo Rey.

Not bad. Just goes to show how River's inferiores have been picking up once again in the recent years.

18. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    River agree to sign Juan Martín Echeverría, a 14 year old forward, to their youth teams. He will be arriving from the Barcelona youth camp that is set up in Argentina.

http://www.ole.clarin.com/notas/2010/03/24/futbollocal/02165834.html

Meanwhile, Mani Essomba (18 year old forward that arrived from Cameroon) scored his first goal in Argentina as River's cuarta tied 1-1 with Estudiantes. They say he is strong and fast. An interesting prospect for the future?

http://www.ole.clarin.com/notas/2010/03/24/futbollocal/02165761.html

19. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The inferiores are on fire. Contrary to the Primera Division team, the last thing these kids need are goals:

First Round vs. Estudiantes (LP):
    Cuarta: Estudiantes 1 - River Plate 1 (Essomba Mani)
    Quinta: Estudiantes 1 - River Plate 2 (Cortez y Olid Apaza)
    Sexta: Estudiantes 0 - River Plate 3 (Maciel, Díaz y Salguero)
    Séptima: River Plate 0 - Estudiantes 2
    Octava: River Plate 5 - Estudiantes 1 (Carrera -3-, Martínez y Kaprof)
    Novena: River Plate 1 - Estudiantes 1 (Villanueva)

Second Round vs. Arsenal:
    Cuarta: Arsenal 1 - River 1
    Quinta: Arsenal 0 - River 0
    Sexta: Arsenal 0 - River 5
    Séptima: River 3 - Arsenal 0
    Octava: River 5 - Arsenal 0
    Novena: River 4 - Arsenal 1

Third Round vs. Almirante Brown:
    Cuarta: River 1 - Almirante 1 (Santiago Maidana)
    Quinta: River 4 - Almirante 1 (Gonzalo Olid Apaza -2-, Franco Cortés y Braian Cáceres)
    Sexta: River 5 - Almirante 1 (Nicolás Pantaleone, Federico Vega, Fabio Maciel, Oscar Fariña y Ridao)
    Séptima: Almirante 0 - River 3 (Lucas Ojeda, Lucas Ocampos y Federico Andrada)
    Octava: Almirante 1 - River 6 (Pablo Carreras -3-, Emiliano Agüero, Giovanni Simeone y Gómez)
    Novena: Almirante 0 - River 6 (Sebastián Driussi -3-, Facundo Quintana -2- y Brian Villanueva)

20. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE
    Yeah for several years now, the youth divisions are doing much better... let's hope it will translate in the first team in the next coming years. Let's hope the Bou, Rios or even Abelairas and co. days are over.

21. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Interesting.. Jules Ismael Djoudjou Kamga, a 19-year old goalkeeper from Cameroon, made his debut in River's cuarta. He's 1.96m tall (+/- 6'4") and his current coach claims he's a very interesting prospect. One to watch for in the future?

22. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg6V4gZ6LR0"]YouTube- Video Reportaje ESPN 2010.mp4[/ame]

23. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well what do you know: three weeks after I originally posted the above post, Cappa calls him up to train with the first team. Maybe we'll be seeing him sooner than we expected, though it won't be too soon since Vega and Ojeda (and even Navarro) obviously have the priority of guarding River's goal atleast for the remainder of the season.

Meanwhile, the inferiores continue showing their superiority over that of other teams. This past weekend, all 6 youth divisions won their respective games vs. Colon. :)

24. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [​IMG]

Juan Casares, an 18 year old Ecuadorian playmaker, practiced with the first team today. He played alongside stars like Buonanotte and apparently left a very good image. It looks like we might hear more from him soon if he continues impressing.

25. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Sergio Batista called up the following players to train with the Argentine U-20 NT:

Rodrigo Rey, German Pezzella, Roberto Pereyra, Ezequiel Cirigliano, Mauro Diaz, Rogelio Funes Mori, Leandro Gonzalez Pires, Ramiro Funes Mori y Daniel Villalva.

Meanwhile, Jose Luis Brown called up the following players for the Argentina U-17 NT:

Lucas Ocampo, Nahuel Mela, Matias Montero, Gaston Lopez y Federico Andrada

Once again, River players dominate the youth NT rosters. :)