River Plate - Mercado de Pases 2014

Discussion in 'River Plate' started by locoxriver, Dec 13, 2013.

1. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm a huge Lugano fan, but the bottom line is even if we did have the money to bring him in, CB is the position we are most covered in as our best two prospects, Pezzella and Balanta, are there and there are other youngsters coming through like Mammana and Leandro Vega...

Our priority is to bring a left back so that Vangioni can play in his natural position and this mercado we are only allowed 2 signings

That being said... If Lugana were to be open for a move to River after the world cup, I'd be thrilled. I've wanted him at River for 5-6 years now

2. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    If he doesn't get regular playing time at West Brom I think he won't be ready for the WC. Like you said why take an older player when River has youngsters coming through. I just hope he has a good WC then he can go from there. His career has def. Seen better days. He has been my favorite player since watching him in the 2010 WC.

3. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well there goes that.. David Beckham's publicist stated that the ex-Manchester won't be returning from retirement and therefore added him to the list of Euro players that were linked to River but never actually arrived (Edgar Davids, Guti, Guardiola, etc.)

“No es cierta la posibilidad de River, aunque es un gran club”, comenzó afirmando, ante la pregunta de un usuario de la red social. Y, luego, sentenció: “Hubiera sido increíble, pero no volverá del retiro”.

http://www.riverplate.com/Noticias/...a-de-beckham-aviso-que-no-vendra-a-river.html

Good to see the winter humo come to an end. I wonder what the hell Tofoni was smoking earlier today when he said that the possibility of Beckham playing in Argentina existed and that he had to respond by the end of the month to the proposal. :rolleyes:

4. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [​IMG]

"Jugaría en River si me lo ofrecieran, es mi trabajo. Todavía no le comenté a Román que jugaría en River. Mañana, seguro que me menada un mensaje. Mientras tanto, sigo en Brasil esperando club"
    - Clemente Rodriguez

http://www.riverplate.com/Noticias/...odriguez-jugariaa-en-river-es-mi-trabajo.html

Oh noooooow you want to come? When not one of the 7 billion people on earth has even linked you to River, you practically whore yourself out as a possible reinforcement? No thanks bostero..

5. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'd prefer to see this guy begging for a few monedas in Once before wearing the River shirt... Quedate donde estas, muerto!!!

6. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So it looks like Rodrigo Mora is only a couple signatures away from becoming Universidad de Chile's new reinforcement. He'd be going on loan for 6 months ($100,000 fee), with an option for the Chileans to purchase his transfer in June.

If I were D'Onofrio, I would turn down the offer. Although it is better than San Lorenzo's 12 month free-of-charge loan proposal, I still don't see it as beneficial to the club in comparison to what Mora could hypothetically offer. I still have faith in the Uruguayan and do not see him as any less than say Menseguez or Andrada. If this were a sale transfer it would be a different story, but to just get a couple of bucks?

However, if he does have to go for whatever reason, this might be one of the better options. Not only would he be returning for the second half of the year (if U de Chile don't use the transfer clause), but he would come back with minutes and Libertadores experience.

Whether he stays or go, all the best to Mora.

7. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Its basically the same situation as Trezeguet. Its clear Mora doesn't get along with Ramon and even less so with Emiliano, so he is getting kicked out and sent to the first bidder, and River is getting nothing basically as Ramon/Emiliano are just desperate to get him out of the club. At least in this case, U de Chile will be paying Mora's salary, while River is still paying 75% of David's...

If River doesn't win the championship, I'm pretty sure Ramon and his son will be gone, in which case, both Trezeguet and Mora will be back at the club in June.

If we win the championship, everyone will be happy and forget ab both of them, but it is a shame to see another talented player shipped off because of Emiliano Diaz, a guy was wasn't even good enough for the 3rd division in england

8. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  9. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    balazsriver10 and locoxriver repped this.
  10. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Looks like Flamengo tried to get Lanzini on loan but River rejected it and said they'd only sell him.

How much is he expected to go for?

@MatBouza: Me cuentan q River rechazó oferta del Flamengo x Lanzini. Era prestamo d US$1M. Confirma q si se va, solo por venta definitva

11. balazsriver10

balazsriver10 Member

May 23, 2013
    Debrecen
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
    La Loya is ours, search another player...

12. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Last year River turned down a 6.5 million euro offer, but it was because of Lanzini's desire to stay in River and not go to UAE at such a young age. If an offer like that arrived again, he'd be gone this time around.

13. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ron Mexico and balazsriver10 repped this.
  14. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    After what happen to Benitez what soccer player would want to go to any Arab country?

15. Manuel Montero

Manuel Montero New Member

Dec 21, 2013
    #65 Manuel Montero, Jan 20, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
    What a disaster of a transfer that was! US$ 2.5 Million!! WOW
    How much did DAP & co. make under the table? That's the only way ANYONE would pay that much for such a terrible player

What happened to Benitez?

So, what did you guys think about the Boca game? I think it was a disaster

Barovero somehow messed up (it looked, to me at least, like he was afraid of running into the post and hesitated), but he's still a beast and the best player in the team

Mercado is TE-RRI-BLE!!!!! What a disaster of a player! Does he not understand thathe is a CB in a defence of 3, and NOT a midfielder?! Plus, I lost count of the many times he was beat but the other forwards (desbordado... I don't know how to say tha tin English..)

Maidana had an acceptable game, with a goal to the bosteros included! Still, he was the best in the D-line

FM is just as bad as his brother... I don't know what he is doing in River or why he's here... He's WORSE THAN MERCADO!! Thank God he is a sub and in his position we have BALANTA!

Carbonero is TERRIBLE!!! I DO NOT want to see him with the River shirt anymore! Plus, in his position we have Solari, who is very promising and was never given much of a chance, and when he WAS given a chance, he ran more than Carbonero in 15 games together.... In conclusion, Carbonero is terrible... The only reason I see explaining why he hasn't lost his spot yet is that his owners (he is on-loan at River) set it up for him to get a lot of playing time in his contract

Ponzio is terrible, idk wtf is going on, he was in the NT, and then he sucks... On Saturday he spent the entire game giing passes to Boca players...

Ledesma is even worse.... Words can't explain how bad of a player he is... Basically, if you want to be a good CM, do everything exactly the OPPOSITE of what Ledesma does! How is he a starter over Kranevitter?!

Vangini, imho, was the best River player of the match, together with Maidana, even though he also had a mediocre performance.... He is not playing at all like in RD's first term at River

Teo.... Idk what to say anymore! IS he even a striker?! What goes through a player's mind, if, when he is INSIDE the 6-yd line, and ALL ALONE, decides to pass?!?! wth?!

Cavenaghi...... Acceptable first game, but... How does a CF like him especially, miss 2 opportunities alone in the box........... ....... ..... .. .

I'd LOVE to see a River like this in the next friendly (4-1-2-1-2):
    Cavenaghi - Gio/Villalva/Driussi/Andrada*
    Lanzini - Teo** - Solari
    Kranevitter***
    Vangioni - Balanta - Maidana/Pezzella - Vega
    Barovero

* They'd fight for the other spot
    ** Teo demonstrated over the course of the last season not to want to be a forward and instead to be more like a CAM... That's where I think he should play
    *** ONLY 1 (ONE!) CM.... And it should be NEITHER PONZIO NOR LEDESMA... It should be KRANEVITTER!!! Since we started playing with 2 CDMs we cannot attack, especially if these are Ponzio and Ledesma.. Two absolutely TERRIBLE players, at least right now.. I honestly htink they're both done and ready to retire

The 3-man D DOES NOT WORK... Especially against teams that counterattack, like EVERY SINGLE team in the crappy Argentine football... And as I said, Mercado and FM are terrible, instead we should put Vega, who is a very good young prospect and deserves to play

RiverGaucho repped this.
  16. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I agree with everything you said.

For some reason, people i know often defend FM6 and say he's a decent player, but he is just awful. One of the worst players i've ever seen. His brother IMO, is better. He may have missed a huge amount of goals, but at least he got into scoring positions... This other FM6 is a "defender" by name only, he certainly doesn't do any defending

Carbonero is a completely failed experiment. The worst part is Ramon was praising him after the match... I've never seen a player like him he really is awful

I'm losing my patience with Teo... WTF was that when he headed back across the goal alone in the small area. It was absolutely unacceptable. I'm not saying we have anyone better than Teo, but i'm not gonna give him the benefit of the doubt anymore. 3 goals in 6 months and 2 of them were useless goals when we were already losing...

Also on Ledesma... Man he is just awful. I though Ramon had phased him out of the team. Kranevitter needs to be the only 5. No more Ledesma. If Ponzio plays, put him at 8 and not the awful Carbonero, though I agree Solari deserves a chance. You could probably find 20 guys playing futbol tenis on the beach in mar del plata who are better than carbonero. Its almost like he had never played football before. He never once gets to the end line and sends in a cross, which is the job of a number 8...

Its like what my cousin was telling me during the game... In the past River would have a team of 7 or 8 players from the inferiores and then 3 or 4 stars from abroad like Francescoli, Salas, Celso Ayala, JP Angel... If the reinforcement wasn't a top level star we didn't bring him and used someone from the club. There was no purchasing of mediocrity like Carbonero, Bottinelli, Mercado... Seriously we don't have someone in the inferiores capable of doing what Mercado does?

Now, the kids in the inferiores don't get chance because the likes of Carbonero are being given games because his agent is somebodies friend, and Solari is 22 years old and never been given more than a few 15 cameos in primera, yet he has always looked completely capable.

17. Manuel Montero

Dec 21, 2013
    I think BOTH Funes Moris are among the worse players I've seen in River.. FM9 is no better than Fabianni (who was a disaster) and FM6 is no better than Bottinelli..... Nothing more needs to be said in that respect, lol

Carbonero.. Same here... Idk what RD and DAP saw in him when they brought him over!

Long story short (Im not going to answer individually anymore, lol) I agree with everything, Teo, Ledesma, Kranevitter, Ponzio, Solari...

"Its like what my cousin was telling....."
    And I WOULD LOVE to see this happen again!! If, instead of bringing in terrible players like Carbonero, we gave more playing time to Solari, players like Ferreyra, we gave playing time to ANYONE else, players like Botinelli, FM, and soo many others.... We would have a very good team! LOOK AT BALANTA!! OMFG!!

Last time Solari played he was an absolute beast, "desbordó" (idk how to say that in english, lol), got to the end-line, forced defenders to foul him, and created goal-scoring chances... Why is he Carbonero's sub?! D'Onofrio or Enzo shoudl go and tell RD to get rid of him which is the best thing for the team!

Carbonero does THE SAME THING over and over:
    step 1: Get the ball
    2: Look down
    3: run forward along the touch-line
    4: cut inside
    5: Ignore any teammates in the box waiting for a cross
    6: Take a shot from outside the box and aim over the crossbar
    7: Score a "conversion" (Rugby, for anyone who doesn't get the reference... It's like a a try, i believe, in American football.. The one worth 1 point)
    8: Realize you are playing the wrong sport
    9: Slowly walk back. DO NOT defend

I am sad to say that I MISS CARLOS SANCHEZ!

18. Manuel Montero

Dec 21, 2013
    Apparently today we'll know where Botinelli will go.

I can't wait to read the news: "Botinelli: Newest reinforcement for ____"

I DON'T CARE where he goes, just THAT he goes somewhere! Please!

locoxriver repped this.
  19. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm with you, but I don't think the word "reinforcement" can ever apply to Bottinelli. He's more of a "deinforcement", if you will.

20. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    LOL I wish he would go to another team in Argentina just so we could insult the shit out of him when he played, but I don't think any team in our league would be stupid enough to want him... i feel bad (sort of) for the supporters of whatever ecuadorian or chilean team he ends up on... They won't know what pain they're about to endure

locoxriver repped this.
  21. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm just relieved he arrived at a time when we had/have a decent defense and goalkeeper. Imagine if had arrived in the past and had been paired up with the likes of Alayes, Cabral, Nico Sanchez, etc, etc. :eek::eek::eek:

22. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ron Mexico and locoxriver repped this.
  23. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Almost all the players we loan out leave for 12 months. Why is Bottinelli's only on 6 month loan? :thumbsdown:

Hopefully he doesn't fuck up toooo much (is that too much to ask for?), that way they make use of the transfer clause and officially keep him. I would just hate to see Bottinelli training in River once again when June comes around. It would be as if the plague never died.

24. Manuel Montero

Dec 21, 2013
    You're right, "deinforcement" is a more appropriate word... Football is too generous for some people

Jaja, I know! I wish Funes Mori would come back, but obviously NOT for River. There were rumors that San lorenzo and Estudiantes wanted him, but they quickly dismissed them.. Jajaja Not even those crappy teams want him!!

CHEERS!

Because the Chileans don't want to get stuck with him for too long...
    The amazing thing here is his AGENT... The dude would be able to sell a freezer to Eskimos!

locoxriver repped this.
  25. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Looks like Bruno Urribarri (ex-Boca) will be arriving from Colon as a free agent and will become our second reinforcement. He will pen an 18-month deal.

I wonder if Ramon plans on starting him as a left-back and returning to the 4-3-1-2 (or 4-4-2), or if he simply is bringing him as an alternative but will continue using the new 3-man defense for now.