River Plate - Mercado de Pases 2012

Discussion in 'River Plate' started by locoxriver, Jan 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Of all of the players on this list, Lugano and D' Alessandro are the ones I'd be interested in. But, bringing in both, if not one, is nearly impossible considering what their wages are at PSG and Internacional.

2. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Actually LSR, your assessment of Cav is a bit off. He was a regular while at Bordeaux and helped them win the Ligue 1 title, tallying 13 goals, during the 2008-2009 season. IMHO, the reason he was loaned to both Mallorca and Internacional the past couple of years was because of coaching changes at Bordeaux. Then, once at those two club's he probably didn't figure into the current coaching staff's plans.

locoxriver repped this.
  3. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

locoxriver repped this.
  4. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Rumors abound that River will go after Seba Sosa, Boca's back up goalkeeper. I don't have a problem with this. He's experienced and was Penarol's goalkeeper last year when they made their run in the Copa Libertadores.

5. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Add Maxi Rodriguez (Liverpool), Cesar Delgado (Monterrey), and Fernando Ortiz (Velez) to the list of possible reinforcement.

Apparently Maxi was offered to us, but in reality I'd imagine he's closer to returning to Newell's..

6. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Almeyda called chiche Arano a referente just now... God you dap supporters are so lost...

He said he thanks Cavenaghi and Dominguez but "this is another category"

Fck you Passarella, ******** you almeyda

Almeyda put on the shirt of el rojo, Passarella wanted to manage boca. Both men descended, yet some people think they are doing the right thing for the club

7. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Um, I'll pass on all three.

locoxriver and RiverGaucho repped this.
  8. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Makes perfect sense... A mean chelito delgado? Do these pelotudos they know how much he makes in Monterrey? More than he was making in Lyon for christ's sake. They won the concacaf champions league and will go to the club world cup 0% chance that he comes (not that I'd want him anyway)

9. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Why consider these fools and not try to keep Chori?

10. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Apparently Gustavo Bou is very close to extending his contract until December 2013...

Can anyone defend this? Is Bou going to replace Cavenaghi's 19 goals? :mad::mad:

11. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    River Gaucho We are both River fans and if we disagree it should be a little less hysterical.If you want to march on friday good for you but remember even if you hate him Passarella is the elected President of our club and he has appoined Almeyda as tecnico.If you hate El Kaiser so much join in the next election as a socio.You say I am so pro Passarella I didnt even criticize when Saucedo was murdered.I started the thread demanding that the dirigentes do something about it.Interestingly you were the one who didnt participate.
    You love Cavenaghi as do thousands of others but I beleive he isnt good enough for River right now.he was a far better player in his first stint at the club and even though he remains a very good finisher he isnt mobile enough for futbol today.
    You compare him to Enzo are you joking he isnt in the same field as Enzo or Ortega even Gallardo.Cavenaghi isnt in that league to be an idol.Nor is Chori a mere reserve in his first stint at the club.
    You talk about all these players the papers are talking about as if Passarella was talking to them all.For Gods sake you are surely old enough to realize that most of this is complete rubbish.
    We have achieved our goal of returning to the A and now we must focus on returning to the top.If that means having to do with some favourite players so be it

12. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Exactly. I want to return to the top, not fight the descenso again. With Almeyda on the bench Funes Mori, Bou, Rios, and Villalva as the main strikers with Trez (god forbid he gets hurt) we will be fighting the promedio.

He has retained complete trash players like Arano, Vella, Bou, Rios, and erased Cavenaghi and Chori... How do you think think this is the right step for the club?

Please we both want to be celebrating come December, but how do you think River is getting better by this decision? Just tell me how.

D'Alessandro will not come. His best friend in futbol is Cavenaghi, no chance he will come now.

El Flaco Menotti said today Passarella and Almeyda are without codes... Menotti is a guy I think you can respect, who coached DAP at NT and at River. He is looking beyond Passarella the player and as a President where his mandate has been nothing but lies and bad decisions. This is another.

I HOPE to be eating my words come December. I hope to have won our 34th championship and be looking forward to playing the Copa Libertadores. However, I think with the team Almeyda and Passarella are going to build we will be looking more at the promedio side of the table than the title challenge. Remember, we start at 0 points, the points we won in 2010-2011 have been erased.

This isn't going to be easy, and if god forbid, David gets hurt and we have Funes Mori and Bou up front, we are going to be sweating to the end

13. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Chori on Twitter:
    What is that supposed to mean?

14. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Its still June we dont know, you or me what players will come in or will be sold.The reality is this discussion cant take place until at least the first week in August.
    All we can really discuss is the merits of letting Cavenaghi and Chori go.Its my view and I realize I am in the minority that Almeyda has made the correct decision.You disagree but I think the l;ast six months have shown they havent got enough to do it for the level River need.BTW El Torito got a 600,000 dollar bonus and Chori half a million for the promotion not a bad little consolation would you not say?

15. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Sivori, Cavenaghi and Chori's representative, spoke about the situation:

16. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I dont trust Sivori, but i trust DAP even less. DAP is a mafioso... this guy is capable of anything

Almeyda is on his high horse right now. He thinks he is gods gift to tecnicos. You turn on the TV or the Radio, whether it be a sports station or no, and almeyda is running his mouth about how he is thankful to chori y cave... the guy is a scumbag.

I would almost like to see cavegol go to estudiantes or something and score on us...

ALMOST.

River is my team a pesar de todo, but i don't approve of this president, or coach. These people think VELLA is a better player than Abacasis, and now, it appears they think Bou and Funes Mori are more important than CAVEGOL

I hope I'm wrong and we win the apertura, but as I said before this dirigencia has proven to be incompetent in every situation and this continues it. "I want a fast and explosive team" is not an excuse to get rid of cave or chori when you have a nearly 35 year old trezeguet as the spearhead of the attack

<<<<NOTHING AGAINST DAVID PERO EL CHABON TIENE CASI 35 años! He can't continue for too much longer

17. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    This is some statement from a supposed fan of River about our elected president.But then you have the same problem with the elected president of the country.You dont do democracy do you?
    Explain why Passarella a truly great player unlike the mediocrity you have fantasies about is a mafioso and show your proof.Show us the colour of your money Gaucho or stop putting your childish delusions on here.

18. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You call me childish, yet you don't think its ok to criticize elected officials? Thats the real point of a democracy capo, this is not the argentina of videla or stalinist ussr... You can criticize elected people, especially if they are doing a shitty job.

In other news:

http://playfutbol.infobae.com/notas/656275-Almeyda-duro-Me-he-dejado-basurear-bastante-aun-estan-a-t

This gives me hope. I know most of you are in the states, but if you are in Bs As go to the march and lets get rid of almeyda and hopefully DAP as well

19. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well based on that logic we should kick out everyone from the club except Trezeguet. :rolleyes:

20. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I have to leave now so I haven't had time to read through all the post after this, but I just felt like replying to this because, come on, it's a bit silly. Do you honestly think Almeyda or the dirigentes think that Bou is going to replace Cavenaghi? They don't even play in the same position. If Bou were replacing anyone (and he isn't, because he's always been and will remain a bit player) it would be el Chori -- he's no #9.

21. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I have no problem with criticism but slander you need proof for.The reality is its impatient children like you who have allowed the really crooked ones to run River.What are you marching for tomorrow night is nothing more than two overpaid millionaires who did the club some service but who did nothing in comparisom to Almeyda and Passarella who you.want to throw out and.you tell us you want to.have idolos in River.
    Por favor pibe ¿Donde vives Venus?

22. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Almeyda and DAP both went to the decsenso capo! Sin chori y cave no hubiesemos ascendidos!

Donde vivo yo? Yo vivo en vicente lopez, 2 estaciones en la linea mitre de nuñez... vos?

You call chori y cave two overpaid millionaires... what does that make DAP?

As for you your quote about "impatient children" you are soooooo off. The reason River went to the nacional b was because our fans were too patient. We sat around while the corrupt directors sold our players for peanuts like , signed people like rojas, canales, roman, ballon, cabral, MR7, et all and erased idolos like ortega, gallardo, astrada, etc like rats. Now we as fans need to save our club.

You can keep thinking DAP is doing the best for the club, but i can assure you he is not.

I will be at the march tomorrow, will try and post as many pictures. I stopped by el monumental today on the way home and there were already people hanging banners calling for DAP and Almeyda to leave. I hope tomorrow we can make huge strides

23. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    NOOOOOOOO! Stay the fuck away from Nuñez!!
    http://www.ole.com.ar/river-plate/futbol/River-encantaria_0_727727578.html

"Me pone contento que todavia me quieran" -- even he can't believe we would still want him back! :laugh:

In all seriousness though, it would be completely ridiculous to bring in this muerto and let Cavenaghi go. If Almeyda wants a "faster" or younger team, this would be the complete opposite way to go. If anything, I'd prefer el maestrico stays any damn day of the week before we bring back Zapata.

24. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The first comment on the article, expressing mine and many other River fans' feelings towards Zapata:
    PREACH! :D

25. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Wanna hear something even worse... MERCADO is supposedly on the verge of signing! (segun fox sports)

No nos merecemos esto!!!! Zapata y Mercado???? Gracias Almeyda, Gracias DAP

la saeta rubia and locoxriver repped this.