River Plate - Mercado de Pases 2012

Discussion in 'River Plate' started by locoxriver, Jan 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Apparently Cavenaghi has a very important- and confirmed- offer from tigres.

What a disaster it would be to lose el torito. He is 28 and could be our nine long after trezeguet retires

He is giving Passarella and co. time to call him, but it doesn't seem like they're going to

I know there are political games between sivori and Passarella/Turnes but for gods sake call Cavenaghi. It's inexcusable..

locoxriver repped this.
  2. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Apparently they think a nobody like Alustiza would be a better option than the guy who came to save River from the second division. :rolleyes:

Sin palabras.

RiverGaucho repped this.
  3. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That's not the only issue: Cavenaghi is 28, and that meas a LOT of youngsters having to wait their turn. At a club like River, where the sale of players is vital to keeping the club in the black, having to sell forwards (who usually go for the highest prices) at reduced rates because you simply can't play them and give them exposure isn't viable. Just look at what happened at Boca and the number of strikers that they "lost" because of Palermo (Trejo, Boselli and nearly Viatri).

I'm not saying I agree with the possibility of Cavenaghi leaving, but there is a rationale behind it.

Of course, another possibility is that Cavenaghi and Passarella are playing chicken to see who can get the better deal out of the other.

4. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don't know.. just look at all the years we were missing an actual 9 (since the departure of Farias until the return of Cavenaghi). It's not an easy position to fill as there aren't too many players of Cavenaghi's quality in that position. What happens if Trezeguet gets injured? As much as I like the pibes, none of them are ready to just jump into the starting line-up. Besides, it's great for the them to have someone like Cavegol to mentor them and help with their development.

Cavenaghi deserves a very large percentage of the credit for our return to primera.. It is a huge lack of respect that players like Alustiza (who is also 28, btw) are being linked to us when his future is still in doubt.

RiverGaucho repped this.
  5. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Cavenaghi "tapando" a Los pibes has nothing to do with this... I mean if that's the case, why look at people like alustiza???

And to compare it to Palermo is also wrong... Sure, boca sucked in palermos last few years but he can hardly be blamed for that. in the time that Palermo returned to boca from Europe in 2004 to his retirement in 2011 boca won countless league titles and a copa libertadoes

And Cavenaghi is much more well rounded than Palermo. He had many assists this year and he's deadly at free kicks even though he hardly took any this year.

Not to mention what he means to the fans.

Trezeguet is 34 and was injured constantly before he got to river... If he goes down well have fm9 and who else?

6. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Villalva and Ocampos are both originally strikers, and you have guys like Vila, Andrada, Pugh and Simeone tearing it up in the reserves and inferiores. Again, for the record, I think letting Cavenaghi go would be a mistake, but I can sort of a see a rationale behind, and it's the same rationale that led to Ferrero and Alayes both leaving in the same transfer window despite countless problems at the back this season.

7. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I understand your point, but you can't really compare the two situations since neither Ferrero or Alayes were performing well at all, especially the latter. Cavenaghi, on the other hand, finished as our topscorer this season. He may not be going through the best of moments, but it's natural for strikers to go through good and bad periods. Besides, between his first and current eras Cavenaghi is practically an idol, while Ferrero was just a respected player and Alayes was hated from the first day he stepped in el monumental.

8. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He better be referring to just el chori and not Cavenaghi..:mad:

RiverGaucho repped this.
  9. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE

Passarella is scaring me... Let's see what he does, but i dont like the current rumours.

RiverGaucho and locoxriver repped this.
  10. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    River is always full of rumours but it does appear that Almeyda wants El Torito out.I will be eternally grateful for what he did but the relationship he has with the fans is posssibly a negative when it comes to the tecnico.I think Funes Mori is on the point of finally deliveeing his promise so would be happy to continue with the forwards we have its the other three areas that meed reinforcemejt

11. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I believe its passarella who doesn't want cavenaghi... If you recall, Almeyda was all for him coming before and Cavenaghi at one point said "if Almeyda goes, I go."

Well, who has more codigos now? o_O:mad:

Almeyda did win the copa libertadores and he was a great player, but Cavenaghi IMO means much more to River. 3 championships in which he was one of the main figuras, top scorer, and he came back when no one else wanted to. Almeyda didn't even come back until he had already retired

I have to say this whole situation is really annoying me, especially after all the joy we were able to experience this weekend it took only a few days for things to start going to shit.

locoxriver repped this.
  12. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    The bottom line is this, if Chori and Cav both go, they better bring in two players of the same quality or better.

13. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    One has to question what Almeyda and or DAP are smoking... They have D'Alessandro on their would be transfer list...(and i'm not even talking about money here)

Why would Andres bother to come when his closest friend in futbol is being treated like a dog???

14. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Because futbol is all about glory money and results.
    Lets be frank here Cavenaghi and Chori did River a huge favor returning but neither has been very convincing since the summer break.I dont think Passarella is the one who makes all the calls on the players.I think the DT has a huge say.Your hatred of the Kaiser simply blinds your vision

15. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Youre kidding yourself. Dap hired only coaches who would do what he wanted... Why do you think we had Jj Lopez and now almeyda and not tata martino or Tolo Gallego or a serious DT?

Passarella is the one who calls the shots at river... And as I stated before I used to love the kaiser. He was my dads childhood hero. I posted videos as tributes I made (yes spent hours making) on this site... I defended him during his 2nd spell as DT when we won nothing

Then I realized just how terrible his reign was. I am a socio, I live literally on the other side of the general Paz barely in provincial and I can walk down libertador to the club. I go 2-3 times a week. I speak to other socios... It's very well known that it is Passarella who is calling the shots... Almeyda is being a pelotudo as well. He has a ridiculously inflated version of himself when in reality we won in spite of him not thanks to him.

There is a reason the whole stadium was chanting against Passarella and Turnes on saturday...

Cavenaghi means more to the fans than either almeyda or passarella... Passarella is no longer and idol at river, I'm not kidding you I say this as someone who goes to the club and sits in the stadium and here's people shouting against him

I'm not trying to say I know more than you, I'm just saying that Passarella has proven to be incompetent as a president and if Cavenaghi and Chori leave it wil mean we will have had a better team in the B than in the A for 2 year ps in a row... I know many people who feel the same way. Passarella will run for reelection in December 2013 and I'd say now he has a 0% chance of winning unless things change

16. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    There is also going to be a march on Friday against Passarella and in favor of Cavenaghi

Listen la saeta rubia- I want Passarella to shut me up and form a great team, but right now I don't believe it will happen

17. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You know what maybe I am wrong and it is almeyda... Either way this doesn't change my anger... To not keep Cavenaghi is just so stupid. Finally someone cares about the club, scores 19 goals and were going for a bunch of jugadores folopa

locoxriver repped this.
  18. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think it's a little of both, but I get the impression that Almeyda is just reinforcing Passarella's decision. I may be wrong, but I think if we had another president he would be asking him to extend Cavenaghi's contract.

19. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    According to the news channel C5N these are the targets Almeyda and Passarella both want:

nicolas pareja
    diego lugano
    juan manuel iturbe
    mauricio romero
    marcos angeleri
    cristian alvarez
    nicolas bertolo
    cristian ansaldi
    fabian rinaudo
    andres d'alessandro
    marcelo barovero

Are you kidding me? We are letting Cave and Chori go for these MUERTOS!?!?!

20. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    CONFIRMED. Cavenaghi out.
    http://www.riverplate.com/Noticias/...irmo-que-no-tendra-en-cuenta-a-cavenaghi.html

No se puede creer. Almeyda y Passarella la concha de tu madre! They're losing my respect more and more everyday :mad::mad:

RiverGaucho repped this.
  21. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    GRACIAS CAVEGOL POR TODO! Nunca me voy a olvidar de todo le que le diste a River, y no solo en esta etapa! Resignastes plata por volver, pusiste tus diferencias con passarella al costado, transpiraste la camiseta en todos los partidos, y queres a River de verdad! Respeto a Trezeguet, Almeyda, y cualquier otro que este en el club, pero vos sos mucho mas idolo que todos combinados.

Simplemente GRACIAS POR TODO, y PERDON POR TAN POCO!!

RiverGaucho repped this.
  22. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Que tristeza. Siempre en contra del hincha. PA$$ARELLA ya echo a ortega, gallardo, astrada, y ahora el CAVEGOL. Y nos preguntamos por que los idolos no quieren volver? Los unicos que pusieron el pecho en los ultimos años se fueron por la puerta de atras! DAP los echo como ratas...

Nunca vamos a tener idolos como ortega o gallardo mas. Nunca vamos a tener un 9 como cavegol... Si vuelve, vuelve a las 35.

23. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think you guys are correct up to a point.Cavenaghi has done much for River but futbol is a cruel sport.
    But he is clearly not top class.Why despite making serious money in Europe(thanks to River)has he never been a ragular in Russia,Bordeaux or Internacional.Why has he never played a competitive game for the seleccion.Or do. Bielsa,Pekerman,Basile,Maradona or Batista know nothing as well.
    I will probably be in a minority of one in saying that from the tecnicos point of view in Primera Cavenaghi would only be a reserve and would then because of.his relationship with the hinchada be a negative influence in the concentracion.
    I want to see River back at the very top and dont beleive El Torito is the player for that.I also think Funes Mori is going to be a top player and Ocampos,Andrada and Simeone have vast potential.

24. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The only positive I see from this is that Villalva will definitely receive more opportunities now and probably isn't considering leaving any more.. With that said, I still feel incredibly bad for how much they screwed over poor Cavegol.

25. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE
    I wouldnt be so sure about keko but we will see...

la saeta rubia repped this.