River Plate - Mercado de Pases 2012

Discussion in 'River Plate' started by locoxriver, Jan 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We are going to get this every week now until the season ends.I wouldnt take too much notice of ajything until June.

2. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Almeyda applying pressure to Saviola and Aimar:

http://www.ole.com.ar/river-plate/futbol/volver_0_674332896.html

3. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  4. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    As he should be. Cavenaghi came back and showed his face when these other sat getting rich in Europe. Saviola has been riding the bench since about 2006 and had a year or two renaissance, but now he's back on the bench and shows no desire to return.

Trezeguet was playing for France when Cavenaghi was our goleador and the hero of the hinchada.

Cavenaghi is river. If we don't reward players for coming back- what would make them want to if someone like Cavegol just gets kicked out the door after a year?

I know you may not like Cavegol, but he is the goleador of this tournament and without his strikes we wouldn't be near 2nd place. Sure funes mori has improved but his finishing is comical.

Cavenaghi is river and we need to protect our own. Sign the form if you want Cavenaghi to stay for ever at river:

http://www.cavenaghixsiempre.com.ar/

5. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I do like El Torito he is a very good servant to River who has been well rewarded. However professional sport especially in a giant sized club is not just about any individual player but the club going forward.If management think Saviola can do a better job for River than Cavenaghi then their responsibility is to get that player.
    Its not glorious like amatuar sports but life time contracts only exist for Messi.

6. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It's very unlikely the pesetero saviola would return and even if he does saviola is a 7 and Cavenaghi is a 9. The partnership was saviola as 7 and angel at 9, cave and saviola would compliment themselves Ina similar way

Yes trezeguet will still be here next season, but he is 34 and not getting any younger. Cavenaghi is 28 and could continue score goals for another 7 or 8 years...

Also when you look at the 9s available in the market, there is no one close to Cavegol. That Chilean at colo colo? No thanks... Teo? After his meltdown I wouldn't touch him.

7. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah pretty much all this. Pro sports its a business and this is a negotiation. Cavenaghi is out for his best interests and River is out for theres. You leave emotions at the door when you're a pro athlete. But I think in the end they'll come to an agreement with Cavenaghi but this is just buisness, cant get too worked up.

8. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Apparently Lazio is after Rogelio Funes Mori.

Also, the rumors once again are surfacing that Jonathan Maidana will be on his way out at the end of the season. I wouldn't mind his transfer: he was quite a solid player since his arrival, but this season his performance level has dropped tremendously. It could be an interesting opportunity to get some much-needed cash without having to sell a pibe or key player. Besides, we always have Gonzalez Pirez and Pezzella, who have been patiently waiting for a chance.

9. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Also in regards to Maidanas departure I heard strong rumors of Demichelis returning. His wife is desperate to go back to Argentina apparently and has big $ offers from a few modeling agencies and most importantly she may be on tinelli's program... Which would be fun to watch :D as well as having evangelina in the monumental every weekend is a exciting prospect

As to Demichelis himself coming... Well it cold be good or bad, if it happens. I must admit I haven't seen him play for a few year tbh

10. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He's doing quite poorly, to be honest.. I don't follow him, but everytime I've seen him play with Malaga and the NT, he's been a disaster. I haven't seen him play recently, but he won't do us much good if he's still performing at that level. Kind of reminds me of Milito, who used to be a solid defender but is horrible now.

11. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Seems like we paid Metalist 2.25 million dollars this week to own 100% of Maidana.

12. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yea not surprising. The last time i saw him was the world cup... and well, that was a pretty poor showing.

13. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Tonight the big game v Instituto in the Monumental we will see upfront the revelation of futbol Argentino Paulo Dybala(18).Este es un jugador en serio zurdo con la imaginacion de Santi Solari pero tambien con gol.
    Anyway Madrid,Barca and Inter have been eyeing the pibe but he says although some day he wants to go to Europe first he wants to play in un grande de Argentina.River if we manage to get out of this hell should be his destination if we are awake.

14. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think he's said in the past that he's a bostero, but who knows, wouldn't be the first time one of them plays for us.

15. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He's a boca fan megamac is right. No chance he's coming to river, I'm pretty sure he's said as much. Plus we can't afford him and even if he could he would only stay for 1 year at the most. Would be wiser to resign Cavenaghi and try and tempt saviola

Not to mention that even if he weren't a bostero, there's no way instituto would sell him to an argentine club when he's getting huge offers from outside. No argentine club can pay a huge transfer and even if they could instituto will not want to sell to their competition as they are going to have a tough time staying the primera division next season

16. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    And I'll be honest, I'd rather see Andrada or Pugh before shelling out for Dybala.

EDIT: Or Simeone! How could I forget Simeone?

17. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Cavenaghi is very close to leaving river it appears. He is sick that no one will call him... Passarella is dropping the ball terribly here. Who does he think can replace Cavegol?

He gave ********ing ponzio a three year contract and doesn't even pick up the phone to call the team captain? He lied about it various times too (saying he would call but never did)

If Passarella thinks that Chilean or whoever can replace cave he's crazy.

18. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ill believe it when I see it. I still think its just buisness, Cavenaghi needs some leverage and if he wants to swing the discussions back his way he needs to threaten leaving. Im not worried.....yet.

If they do in fact fail to sign him then it will be a big ******** up but until then Im confident that this is all just the nature of the buisness of sports.

19. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don't believe he said what diaro cronica are claiming, but it is really worrying that they have not even called him about this.

Saviola is not coming back, and river has a TERRIBLE record of signing forwards in recent years: Pavone, Caruso, Canales, Rosales, even Abreu who has a great track record couldnt score much for us. Trezeguet is the obvious exception, but he's a class above, truly one of the all time greats

We will need to replace cave's 18 goals from somewhere (plus his many assists and other gals he set up like against Instituto) and this Paredes guy from chile isn't going to do it.

At this point I think Chori can leave, but losing cave would be a huge error

The only player in the south American market I would want

20. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well in the end sivori said Passarella called Cavegol today. Good work-better late than never.

21. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    ********ing Cronica is your source? They're even yellower than Olé when it comes to making up shit.

22. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Chill man. I already wrote an updated post ab passarella calling sivori today

We all want what is best for river and that is cavegol staying and remaining captain and not some Chilean coming in

I'm passionate ab my team and I want us not only ascend but to win the primera and I want cavenghi one of my greatest idols to stay for life

23. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    And in my defense my original post I used radio cooperativa as my source... It was only later I saw it was from cronica... I panicked, but in my defense there were many river fans freakkng out

24. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What you wouldnt want the new Salas or Alexis???

25. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I meant nothing against chileans- just the Chilean who was linked with river- Paredes. He is 32 and I don't think he would be up to river,and hes not as good as salas or Alexis if he were it would be a different story