River Plate - Mercado de Pases 2012

Discussion in 'River Plate' started by locoxriver, Jan 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  2. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Unless we sign one or two more players within the next week (I'd say theres a .5% chance we sign someone) we will need to light candles and pray for Mora every night because I don't know who else is going to score goals

3. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah its gotten to the point of worrysome. Also on the topic of Mora, I think someone should get a fund together from the fans to pay him this winter. Id legitimately throw down 100 dollars, if this could be made possible.

4. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I agree 100%.But to tell the truth I am not too dissapointed we didnt pay 4 million euro for a 31 year old bostero.Ramon may have sent his list of wishes but Passarella spent far too long on the boludos in Asuncion.I understand we need to sell but travelling around Europe prostituting our players is not the answer.
    Just say we dont buy or sell anyone else.Well our squad is going to be stronger with the arrivals of Vangioni,Diaz and Roman.Throw in Maidana being back by March, and hopefully Ramiro and Pezzela by April. The extra experience the young players have I think gives us ground to be hopeful of a really good tournament without ruining the club.

5. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    you know I was thinking about exactly this today. I think there was a good core of players from last tournament to build around with Ponzio, Mora, Sanchez, Barovero, Bottinelli, Mercado (some have differing opinions, but he is good offensively), plus others who like you said will be coming back in the season. Plus throw in another good volante opposite Sanchez, a defensive upgrade with Roman, plus Diaz who looks to have stepped his game up particularly in the last Libertadores.

well as Im typing this I find Iturbe seems to be signed. Well it certainly wont be horrible, seeing as how he does have some skills. With some more direction from Ramon plus less pressure to step up seeing as how he will be the second best delantero on the team. I think it can only be positive. RIver seems to have a team that should be competitive for a title, and at the very minimum put themselves in a good spot to qualify for the next libertadores.

6. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    $1,000,000 for Iturbe's loan? Meh..

Oh well, nothing we can do but hope for the best now. Let's see if he recovers his Cerro form.

7. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    According to ESPN Radio Rivadavia, Ramon has put forward a new name: Pocho Insua.

Another 30 something enganche.

This may be complete humo, but I don't think it matters whether the rumor is true or not. Velez will not sell to a rival.

I think its safe to say we're going to have to get a big tournament out of Diaz and Lanzini

8. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I have been hearing Pocho's name for a while, but it is not certain if it is just a rumor or if Ramon is doing a good job on keeping a low profile (unlike with Fabrro, which ended up working completely against him).

Anyway, I hope he doesn't come. I don't know if Mauro or Lanzini or up to the task, but I'd prefer giving them chances before Insua who is past his prime.

RiverGaucho repped this.
  9. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It appears if hes sold after the six months we will have to pay nothing.We were going to spend 4 million euro on a bostero centrocampista.Why would we not pay 3,5 million euro for a bostero centrocampista de la seleccion.Fernando Gago (26) is available from Valencia for that money.

10. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Lets be realistic. Gago, being a hardcore bostero, will not join River. We're not talking about a player who had a brief spell in la bosta sin pena o gloria. He's just too attached to Boca.

However, a Ponzio-Gago partnership in the midfield would be extremely interesting to see..

11. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Apparently Gago is very close to joining Velez, which is going to be hilarious if it happens. Boca tried to get him all summer, and ended up with Ribair, now it appears Gago is available after all and is going to Velez! JAJA

But what I really want to see is Tristelme going to Tigre...

I can't tell you all how much joy it would bring me to see him wearing the Tigre shirt and the tears of the Bosteros when/if it happens

locoxriver repped this.
  12. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I know but it would have been interesting to see.
    Maybe DAP should wait until friday and see whats available in Europe

13. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Keko al club de La Paternal sin opcion y sin cargo.Desgraciadamente con la llegada de Iturbe eso es logico.

14. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Cazares quite possibly also, Santos from what I've seen. Would be a good chance for him to get good time and experience

15. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Looks like Villalva is on his way to Argentinos Jrs. I understand why we're loaning him, but I don't get why the agreement isn't just for six months (with a possible extension) instead of a year.

Suerte Keko!

16. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So Diego Turnes was in Madrid today to see the Madrid-Manchester game in the Champions. He was a guest of honor and is going to be meeting with Di Stefano and also giving a speech to students in Madrid.

Apparently, he is going to Malaga to meet with Saviola and Demichelis and try and convince them to return.

Ricard Dasso, the journalist who runs the radio show i was listening to, has a very close relationship with Demichelis and pretty much said he is returning. He is having some family problems with his wife and his father was recently killed in a horrible car accident. Dasso said if River opens the door for him, he will return.

Saviola will be harder, but he is at least finally throwing some hints that he may return.

http://www.riverplate.com/Noticias/...conejo-saviola-no-cierro-puertas-a-river.html

He's says he'd like to return to play with Aimar.

I know its a long way to go, and we're still playing this current tournament, i think i would break down in tears and cry if Saviola returns

17. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    "He's says he'd like to return to play with Aimar."
    So we'll soon get the chance to watch them play together!

In Dubai!

18. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  19. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    hopefully he gets there and can start scoring against Boca in the Libertadores

20. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I know it's a bit late, but I finally stopped being lazy and created the 2013 Mercado de Pases thread.

Let's continue the discussion here.