River Plate - Mercado de Pases 2012

Discussion in 'River Plate' started by locoxriver, Jan 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm glad to hear Cerro's president saying he doesn't want any players in exchange, though. I wouldn't have had a problem at all with letting Maurito go, but the possibility of including Villalva would have just been absurd.

2. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I agree with you for the most part, I just didn't like how the guy said he didn't write that when he clearly did. If he comes, there is no doubt, as I said in my post, he would be an improvement. Especially his free kicks, which are deadly.

The other thing is that Iturbe's arrival could be imminent. This is a shame. I was originally excited about his potential arrival, but after the historic papelón of the sub 20- and by the way the only game they actually deserved to win and looked decent he wasn't playing- and doing more research I am 100% against his coming on loan.

Apparently, Iturbe was so out of favor at porto that he wasn't even playing in the reserves, but in the inferiores. Like the 3ra o 4ta of porto.

Considering how well Tomy Martinez played and we also have Cazares, Andrada, Cholito Simeone, etc. it would be much better to give minutes to a pibe del club.

One thing about Ramon is, if Iturbe does indeed come, if he pulls the bullshit he pulled with the sub 20 trying shots from all over the field, he won't play much if at all. Basically, this could end up being a waste of 400,000 dollars.

locoxriver repped this.
  3. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  4. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I've never been one to criticize D'Alessandro or label him as a "mercenario" because I understand how difficult (if not impossible) it is to get out of a team when a multimillion dollar contract is already signed.

But this?
    http://www.riverplate.com/Noticias/Ex-River/15690-aimar-a-emiratos-arabes.html

:confused:

Come on Payasito..

5. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He should not be allowed wear the sacred band ever again.

6. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It's a business first and foremost but that is really odd.

7. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Facundo Affranchino returns to San Martin (SJ) for a second loan spell. He will be playing for the san juaninos for 6 months.

I would have kept him as an alternative for the right flank, but oh well.. looks like Ramon is happy with Sanchez and Solari.

8. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I have to say I am a bit disappointed with this mercado de pases. I am not thrilled with Ramon's direction of players, but I am equally mad at DAP's incompetence and insistence on this "economic championship" bullshit, when in reality we can't even players from paraguayan or ecuadorian clubs.

Even a club like Independiente, which is in serious economic turmoil, has brought in Rolfi Montenegro and it looks like Dorlan Pabon is close. If they finalize Pabon they will be saved completely

Why did we not go after these players? With Rolfi and/or Pabon we are champions no doubt.

Not saying we can't with this torneo final, but we are relying too much on trezeguet's health and, yet again, on funes mori... who DAP had let us to believe was going to europe for millions, but that offer didn't exist.

I hope both Treze and FM9 have huge tournaments, but we were relying on them last tournament and neither came through, I hope its different this time around

9. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    ok they are young but Maurito,Cazares and Lanzini have a lot of potential.Do we really need to spend 4 million dollars or half + one of the three on Fabbro?

10. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Jorge Valdivia's name is going around now as an alternative for Fabbro. Very interesting player, but I don't know how realistic since he still has a contract with Palmeiras and he did say he wanted to play the Libertadores with them this year before leaving.

11. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  12. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    My god. That is a lot of money for a 31 year old. I guess we need to have faith in Ramon. When a DT asks for a player, it is different than if the directors by someone and impose him on the DT. I have faith in Ramon, but when you think ahead to the 4 million euros we need to pay Benfica for Mora I don't like this.

And also... To think we could have put much less than that and kept el Chori Dominguez, who is having an absolutely amazing season with Rayo Vallecano. He has started every game and they are currently in Europa League places and are even challenging for the Champions League. This is like the equivalent of playing Copa Libertadores with Defensa y Justicia or something

13. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I agree with you completely.. but then I think, if we don't use this money on Fabbro, Passarella will use it instead to buy a couple new yachts. So why not? Also, the price isn't really that ridiculous if Fabbro lives up to his hype, given how we spent similar figures on both Roman and Bottinelli.

But I get your point. Si no lo compran a Mora, que quilombo se va armar!

RiverGaucho repped this.
  14. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What's that you say Loco?

DAP.png

locoxriver repped this.
  15. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ahh yes big bad Daniel if he doesnt satisfy
    Ramons lust for an enganche when we have three pibes much lauded on here hes a fool and if he does hes wasteing Rivers money.
    Funny enough in my view we are if we get Fabbro founding the basis of a champion team but just like with
    Pintado and Davicce Ramon is playing with Rivers financial future.The nineties our most recent golden age on the field were also the seeds of our fall into disaster.
    Ramon played a big part in both and some suspect his love of luxury is somewhat greaters than Passarella

16. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Some? Ramon was personal friends with Carlos Saul Menem. I'm pretty sure corruption is one of the ingredients in La Rioja's drinking water at this point.

17. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    LOL you are insane. Everytime coming to DAP's rescue, while always hitting out at Ramon.

Locoxriver and I are both clearly against this huge offer for Fabbro, but you just can't resist to defend DAP. If Fabbro comes and doesn't perform, the fault is 100% on Ramon and even the biggest Ramon supporters will admit this.

Meanwhile, DAP spent 2 weeks flying around Europe wasting time and money trying to sell Funes Muerto and Cirigliano, who didn't even have a passport (how did DAP not know this?) The directors should travel only when the offer is official, like whats happening with Racing and Centurion. Or maybe, DAP had been lying for so long about Napoli's "offer" about Funes Mori, he actually started believing it. If DAP wants to take a vacation, thats good for him, but admit you're going on vacation don't tell the world you're going to negotiate for Ricky Alvarez and playing with the emotions of the socios.

So the 90s were the seeds of disaster? And this was Ramon's fault? Yet, you don't give DAP any blame for the descenso or for the 8, yes EIGHT, tournaments he spent as the DT under Aguilar and couldn't even win one of them. And signed players like Belluschi (do you believe DAP saw none of that transfer?), Rosales (complete flop), or Nelson Rivas? DAP was involved in all the sketchy transfers during that time, including Higuain. Read the book "Ser de River" and it will open your eyes to a lot of DAPs corruption. I know Ramon is not a clean cut guy, but come on man be serious. "Some suspect Ramon's love of luxury is greater than DAP's... " Yea yea, ok. They both love luxury, they are both corrupt. There is no question, but if you're going to blame Ramon, I want to see you hit at DAP

So, it would have been better if we never signed Salas or Angel...

It was all Ramon's fault, DAP and Aguilar had nothing to do with it.

18. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    On the Contrary while I support Passarella as the best President possible right now(Do you have an alternative?)I understand his many faults.(dont we all some need to learn a little patience)I am very dissapointed with the transfer window and indeed agree going around Europe didnt seem to do a lot of good to Rivers cause.The failure to sign an enganche if he doeesnt come or at a ludicrous price has to be largely his responsibility.
    I also believe Ramon is a fantastic DT whose teams can be a joy to watch.But I know that financially we need a strong President to keep an eye or two on him unlike Pintado.
    As for Andres Burgos book since tou refer to Higuain and Belluschi let me quote
    "el 29 de agosto de 2006 dos dias antes de que cerrara el ejercicio de la temporada 05-06 Zahavi compro el 50%de Gonzalo higuaqin,el 40% de Belluschi,el 30%de Augusto Fernandez y el 30% de Mateo Musacchio y Juan Antonio y River recibio 13 millones de dolares"
    thats 10 million euros.Compare that to now when to be fair to Passarella nearly all our young players are patrimomy of the club and that acheived in three and a half years.
    Lets be clear Passarella as with everybody is not prefect and he made a big mistake in not buying when JJ had done well in the apertura before we descended but he has done a lot of solid work to bring this great club back to something like what it can be.
    Lets hope together the two bring us back further to recovery

19. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Thank you this post made a lot of sense. I just don't see why you needed to come on here bashing Ramon when both loco and I had questioned spending so much a 31 year old.

Passarella is not perfect, but neither is Ramon, I admit that.

And I will repeat, I used to love Passarella, mainly because my viejo and abuelo would tell me about his exploits as a player back in the 70s and 80s, but he disappointed me as a president and i thought he disrespect the socios greatly before and after the descenso. After I became a socio, I also have been very much against his policy of ticketing and how hard it is for people who pay every month to see the matches, and the fact he lies about giving the barras tickets, and the fact that the barra killed someone and beat regular fans for chanting against him, and he said/did nothing.

I know also Ramon is not a clean cut guy, but all football coaches are a bit corrupt, not just in Argentina but all over the world.

The important thing is that Ramon is the DT and DAP is the President, and they will both need support and most importantly need to work together for River to be champions.

20. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    100% de acuerdo

21. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Gaucho and Saeta agreeing on something?

[​IMG]

LaFuriaNolan repped this.
  22. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Man, Cerro Porteno can go to fucking hell. We offer $2.5m + a player on loan for 50% of Fabbro, they say no. We offer $3m for 100%, they say they want $4m. We offer $3.6m, they say they want more. We offer just below $4m, they say they want $4m clean for themselves (making the total of the transaction after taxes and fees +/-$5m).

I don't know who the hell they think they are, but it gets on my nerves how every team all of a sudden wants huge dollars when dealing with River. I guarantee you that if it was Archubi we wanted, they'd say he's the best winger in South America and worth $3m. :rolleyes:

Que se metan las tetas de Larissa en el orto.. a apuntar a las inferiores.

23. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Cazares is being sought after by Emelec and Barcelona in Ecuador, although he says returning to his homeland is his last option:

http://www.riverplate.com/Noticias/...r-en-la-mira-de-barcelona-emelec-ecuador.html

I honestly don't know why we would let him go, or why Ramon would not put him in for a single minute in Mar del Plata. I have faith in Ramon, but so far I have been very unimpressed by his player choices, except for the return of Roman and the signing of Vangioni.

Steazy McCloud repped this.
  24. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Sounds about right to me. Quite odd that a top 3 player in what I guess you'd have to consider the best inferiores in America since they won a copa and all, is having this happen to him. Makes no sense, gotta assume Ramon knows what he's doing but hot damn....

25. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Its not just this decision, but all of his decisions in the mercado de pases.

Like why would you insist on Fabbro when the guy had no intention on coming, when you had a guy like Rolfi Montenegro with his pass in his own hands and Ramon didn't want him. Passarella suggested him, and Ramon gave it the thumbs down.

River has a lot more money than Indpendiente and el Rolfi has already chosen River over el Rojo not once but twice in his career (not to mention scoring goals in their face and celebrating them) so I have no doubt that if Ramon would have just said yes, we'd have el Rolfi who is putting on a clinic against Bosta Jrs right now. Instead, he is going to save independiente from the descenso and we'll be stuck with either Diaz or Lanzini