River Plate - Mercado de Pases 2012

Discussion in 'River Plate' started by locoxriver, Jan 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  2. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  3. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    :rolleyes: Please.. If Cavenaghi really cared about the money, he wouldn't have returned to River in the first place. I have no doubt he had a better contract with both Bordeaux and Internacional.

4. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I understand that but there Sivori is looking for a big rise now.I dont blame him he is looking after his player.Its just the situation that happens all the time. I think Cavenaghi will be looked after and receive a contract comparable with Internacional.

5. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    The bottom line is this, Passarella needs to find a way to keep both Cav and Chori. We see how fundamental they are to the club. Chori's situation is a bit more complicated though. Especially since he's on loan from Valencia. I wouldn't be surprised if Anzi from Russia offers a huge amount for him.

6. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Dude chill out with your unconditional love for pa$$arella. Cavenaghi returned to river while the others didn't even give a shit that we went down. HE deserves to be the highest paid player at the club, if you don't believe that i question what team you've been watching. Without Cave and Chori we'd be mid table with no hope of going up, and passarella had nothing to do with them coming. They did it ALL on their own. All he did was give them a contract...

If Cave and Chori don't stay with River it will be all passarella's fault. He has wasted so much money on the likes of roman, canales, rojas, ballon, etc.

I admit i've been too hard on passarella at times, but when two guys make it OBVIOUS they want to stay at River for life and the president does nothing its obvious who's at fault. He should have signed them both for life long ago

7. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Hey, and how about you chill out with your ridiculous anti-Passarella hatred? Passarella came out publicly and said he would personally take care of contract negotiations with Cavenaghi's agent. But no, that won't be enough for you. In the same way that selling only one first team player wasn't enough for you. In the same way that bringing in Sanchez (one of our best players so far) wasn't enough for you. In the same way that Trezeguet and Ponzio aren't enough for you. Nothing is ever enough for you.

No one here is unconditional in their support for Passarella, you're just so extreme it looks like it.

8. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE
    Just saw that on some river fanboard:

9. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

You put it all a lot better than I ever could.Aqui estamos but the only way is forward slowly.Some imagine we will win the Copa in 2014 but others have to be realistic.Sure Passarella made mistakes but he was left in an impossible situation.He is alos stabelizing the club despite the best efforts of those who want instant success without looking at whats needed long term.Of course he will do his best to keep Cavenaghi but we cant pay him 2 million dollars a year.The notion that all these others will leave at once if we are promoted is just the wild halucinations of the Anti Kaiser brigade

10. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I kinda figured Cirigliano and Ocampos would be on the way out before too long, so that doesnt surprise me that much. I was really hoping to see Sanchez stick around though as his play has been a huge part of whats gone right for the team this season. I kinda half hoped that he'd be around for awhile and really make his mark with the club next season and years beyond.

Obviously shuffling the deck is a big factor every year especially for a club like River that bitch ass Europe just uses to develope their stars, but I had hoped probably foolishly that theyd keep the core of this team together as much as possible

11. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Dont believe all this humo.If we can win the title the majority of the squad will be kept together.Certainly one big player will have to be sold thats our reality.
    These are distractions that must be forgotten until we are back in the A.

12. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    "el que piensa que no quermos renovar los sontratos de Cavenaghi y Dominguez,esta loco"
    Daniel Passarella en una entrevista en Por Amor a River

13. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Only rumors for now, but Del Piero is being linked to a possible River move in June.

http://www.bolavip.com/34747/del-piero-a-river/

Yes, I know, we've been linked to a whole assortment of European players in the past.. but with Treze at the club, who knows? At almost 38, I don't know how much he could add to the team, though..

14. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I would love Del Piero to come just for the sake of saying we could add yet ANOTHER all time great to our clubs history. But yes, at almost 38 it would be a stretch.

And lets just say for the hell of it that Chori and Cavenaghi continue, then we still have Trezeguet and Funes Mori and Villalva and Andrada further down the line. Wouldn't see where he'd fit.... but I would die if he came. A true great and a gentleman, much like Trezeguet

15. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    It would be nice but I'm still prefer we get D'Alessandro

16. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He ain't coming. We just forget about him to be honest. He just resigned with Inter

17. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Why do people always bring up D'Alessandro? Lets be realistic: he is a star and complete idol in Internacional, they aren't going to let him go. Even if they did, the price tag would be too big for River to pay.

In other words, if we're going to go after D'Alessandro we might as well try to bring in Messi also.

18. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Aww! shucks :(

19. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Del Piero is one of my first favorite players, so this would be fun. But Id rather see them go and get a better center back if they were going to go get someone. I think the weakest point this season has been the play of Maidana and Funes Mori, who have had some lapses this last season with inability to clear the ball around the goal, not closing on the ball well, and at times being late to mark a man.

20. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I dont really agree here Steazy.Maidana and Ramiro dont make up our strongest section but with the youngsters Gonzalez Pirez and Pezzela trying to get a chance i dont think we need to do anything in the short term.Our biggest weakness is in goal.We need to buy a top class keeper such as Andujar or Romero who will be expensive but affordable if we dont buy anyone else.
    Anyway everything else has to be forgotten until we achieve promotion which is rapidly developing into a four way dogfight

21. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don't want another CB just for the sake of Pezzella and Gonzalez Pirez.. if they are already not playing at all, they'd be too far from the first team with another center back. The last thing we need is for them to leave ala Mussachio.

22. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You guys are right on that though, the prospect of Gonzlez Pirez starting friday is interesting, youd like to see how he handles being put out there in a highly competitive atmoshpere like how friday is going to be.

Friday cant come soon enough, two huge games this weekend for B Nacional. I figured Institutos play would drop off a bit but theyve kept up the pace, theyre a good team. It still feels like Rivers to lose though, the team feels like its really hitting its stride now especially with the addition of Ponzio.

23. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The kid has already played against Boca, Olimpo, Quilmes in a relegation dog fight and was much better than ferrero and the other "experienced" defenders... the kid can play in big games we already know that. He's a crack

24. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well my point is that in Almeydas eyes he obviously has to do something to prove that he should be out there every week. This would be a chance to get that started.

heading out early tomorrow to get the some baja tickets, im not ********in around with any media bullshit

25. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    More humo:

http://amamoselfutbolarg.com.ar/201...rra-vinculan-a-del-piero-y-lampard-con-river/

But could you imagine? Lampard will be 34 in June I think, so if he came we could have:

----------------Cave----Treze
    -------------------Chori
    ------Sanchez----Ciri-----Lampard

:eek::eek:

Not going to happen but would be awesome (either way i'd rather keep Ocampos than bring in either Lampard or Del Piero, but bringing in more players will only enhance our popularity and image world wide)

If Del Piero comes, arguably the 3 greatest strikers to play for Juventus will all have played for River as well: Sivori, Trezeguet, and Del Piero, though I don't see him coming and I'd prefer Ocampos to stay 2 more years, but would be fun