River Plate 2013-14 Season: La Vuelta a las Copas [R]

Discussion in 'River Plate' started by locoxriver, Jul 1, 2013.

1. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Watch the game on futbolparatodos.com.ar it's completely legal so you don't need to worry about the stream going down or anything. It is in a slight delay so stay off the message boards and/twitter until the game is over

Oh and while it's cool cool to here Hungarian commentary- I've never even heard the language spoken before LOL- please no more Palermo highlights on here :cool:. Try and get some river goals man! :)

2. balazsriver10

balazsriver10 Member

May 23, 2013
    Debrecen
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
    #477 balazsriver10, Apr 6, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
    There are only few videos in youtube, only 3 I think, but I put one more palermo highlight here my friend :D The commenarty laught for 5 minutes after palermo miss the chance, it is so funny!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
    watch at 0:50

I watched games on futbolparatodos.com.ar, but there were live youtube brodcast only three times, most of time this sentence were there:
    La pagina que estaba buscando no existe o fue removido.
    Now it is the same with the Newell's game also.
    http://www.futbolparatodos.com.ar/club/newells-old-boys/partido/newell´s-old-boys-vs-rosario-central-fecha-12-final-2014-primera-division/

3. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    futbolarg.tv is what Ive always used when Im out of the country.

4. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Uhgg what a horrible half. So much meaningless possession and passing the ball backwards constantly from Rojas... We need to be more efficient with the ball

I don't like that carbonero is being asked to tuck inside so much leaving Mercado as our only option out wide down the right, he has been completely useless and carbonero has been equally poor

Barovero has been completely out of sorts. He's never been great with his feet but tonight he's been flirting with disaster. And on the goal, though it all starts with an error from Teo and then Mercado not picking up his man, Barovero just stood planted on his line. He should have claimed that cross easily

That being said, there's 45 minutes to get the winner

Vamos carajo!! Hay q ganar!

5. balazsriver10

balazsriver10 Member

May 23, 2013
    Debrecen
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
    I tought Teo could also miss that chance, too, but fortunatery he didn't miss:D
    !!! Vamos River !!!

6. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Barovero!!! :mad:

7. balazsriver10

balazsriver10 Member

May 23, 2013
    Debrecen
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
    Why plays Rojas in every game??? He is the worst player in the squad...
    Why played Menseguez tonight??? Why not Keko????? He is in a very good form and Ramón got the chance Menseguez... Ramoooon:mad::mad::mad:
    It was a terrible game, we missed lots of chances and lost the game with this f.cking goal (it wasn't goal)...
    It was Vangioni's worst game at River...
    I don't believe that Ponzio is not better in his worst form than Rojas...

LaFuriaNolan and RiverGaucho repped this.
  8. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The ball never crossed the line. However, we aren't like the bosteros we don't blame the refs. River didn't deserve to win this game in any aspect.

Ramon's game plan was awful.. He got it so right against boca and Newell's but tonight he completely ********ed up. I don't get carbonero's position or the instructions to pass the ball around the back. It took us SO long to initiate any attack. Just awful coaching

Then just when it looked like we had Belgrano on the ropes, he remembered he had his friend mensegeuz who instantly made the game 12 vs. 10 generating counter attacks and even 2 different corners for Belgrano.... I would have brought in Keko at the start if the second half

And as for Barovero... I said in the first half he was terrible and in the second he was an embarrassment. His kicking game was laughable. And the goal, even though the ball didn't cross the line, was just awful. I don't know how professional goalie, even one that's playing in 3rd division, could drop that ball.

The question is... Who is the real Barovero? The guy we had last tournament who saved us so many times or the guy this tournament who looks like a deer in headlights?

I think he's probably somewhere in between... Not as great as he was in the sudamericana and not as bad as he is now...

Really mad right now, and now we'll be without Lanzini and Maidana next match :mad::mad:

LaFuriaNolan repped this.
  9. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I also don't get how Gio Simeone doesn't even get on the bench... Would have been a great alternative also. Ramon and Barovero really screwed us on a night everything seemed perfect for us to be leaders

locoxriver repped this.
  10. balazsriver10

balazsriver10 Member

May 23, 2013
    Debrecen
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
    #485 balazsriver10, Apr 6, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
    I think we'll win againist Rafaela without Maidana and Lanzini, but these lost points (Belgrano, All Boys and so on) will be missed very very much in the end...
    PLEASE ROJAS X ANYBODY!!!!!!! He is slow, he can't defend, he can't attack, he can't shoot, he can't trick, I don't know why he is at River Plate... :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    There are so many players in the squad and in the reserve also who are much better than him.

11. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Rumors are that Pezzella will replace Maidana, suspended, and Krannevitter will go for Ledesma, injured. The third change will either be Villalva or Fabbro for Lanzini, also suspended

All three of these changes severely weaken our team. The Pezzella before his knee injury was much better than Maidana, but his version of Pezzella that played against colon and Godoy Cruz is completely different.

Krannevitter is a talent, but right now Ledesma is our best player. He pressing and defensive awareness have been just as key as his passing. Against Belgrano when he came out, our midfield fell apart

The last change is and interesting debate. What do you guys think? Fabbro is almost certainly leaving in June so this would be his last chance. That being said, he has only played 3 minutes all tournament and probably isn't at all match fit...

If Villalva plays, Teo will probably play as an enganche, a position he's suited too

Personally, I might play Fabbro one last time just to see what he can do. At the minimum, we know he's good at set pieces. If he's bad, pull him for Keko after 45 min

12. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I have a feeling Fabbro will disappoint yet again. He's not in form and if he was he has proven that he can't adapt to futbol Argentino. I'd rather have Keko play alongside Teo with Cavenaghi up front as the sole striker.

locoxriver repped this.
  13. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  14. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Hmmm... I would have tried that change when we had Ramiro in defense, since Solari could move up yet still leave a solid line of 3 cb's in the back... with Vangioni it doesn't quite work the same way since he's not a real defender, and the same goes for Solari when Leonel goes up.

Not a bad change, but I actually have been very satisfied with Mercado's improvements this season. I personally would have left him, or if anything moved him to the middle for Pezzella. But it's all good, I'm not really all against these two prospects playing either.

15. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Vamo vamo river Plate porque te venimos a alentar!!!! Para ser campeón hoy hay que ganar!!!!!!

locoxriver repped this.
  16. balazsriver10

balazsriver10 Member

May 23, 2013
    Debrecen
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
    Okay, can anybody tell me why Ramón loves Rojas??? I know Ramón's stupid idea, that in the centre we must play with a right and a left footed player ( in the midfield and defence also), but why choose he everytime this bad player??? Ferreyra isn't a good player, but I think he is better, than Rojas... And it also could be an alternative, that Vangioni goes to the midfield and Funes Mori could be the left back...

Our forwards can miss all of the chances in this world...

VAMOS RIVEEER!!!!

17. balazsriver10

balazsriver10 Member

May 23, 2013
    Debrecen
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
    #492 balazsriver10, Apr 13, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
    Villalva x Fabbro please....... He touched the ball cc. 10 times in the first half and he f.cked the action 9 times... Oh my God, how can he the member of River Plate???

18. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    well good, good.

Teo is still so damned wasteful.

locoxriver repped this.
  19. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Gracias a dios soy de River..., cada gol me da ganas de llorrar, que lindo que es ser del más grande

locoxriver and Steazy McCloud repped this.
  20. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    they played well, Carbonero has become a terror. He marks well and recovers the ball too. Cavenaghi is an issue, as is Teos finishing. But everyone else was impressive, Fabbro played a good second half, Pezzella played well for the first time since his injury. All in all a good win, on to wednesday.

locoxriver repped this.
  21. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm not Rojas's #1 fan, but I don't he's playing bad. Considering the role he plays in this formation, I do not think Ferreyra would be a better option at all..

As for Carbonero, mamita... what a transformation from last tournament. Pure fire.

Fabbro was also very good, overall. I think his performance today probably won him more consideration for the final six matches.

Great game for River. I'm liking the identity Ramon has created for the team.

Lets hope Barovero's injury isn't too serious and he makes it vs. Estudiantes: not only does he make game-winning saves, but Chichizola makes me nervous and seems to have a habit of fucking up. The match vs. el pincha is a 6 point battle, we definitely cannot commit errors.

balazsriver10 repped this.
  22. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Colon tied with the bosteros... :thumbsup: That leaves us one point ahead of them.

Table as of now, with 6 games left:

1. Estudiantes - 24
    2. River - 23
    3. Colon - 22
    4. Lanus - 22
    5. Gimnasia - 21
    6. San Lorenzo - 21
    7. Velez - 20

23. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Bad news.... Barovero out for a minimum of 3 weeks

http://www.ole.com.ar/river-plate/futbol/Trapito-afuera_0_1120088255.html

So it's time for Chichizola to step up in what is going to be a tough run of games against Estudiantes, Velez, the away against Olimpo in Bahia Blanca which is not a fun place to go. Let's hope he's up for it, but damn the kid makes me nervous

locoxriver repped this.
  24. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Chichi instead of Barovero for 4-5 title-deciding games??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ron Mexico repped this.
  25. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    :eek: Velez lost to Quilmes! This loss leaves Velez with a foot out of the title race: only 5 games left, and they could be 6 to 7 points away from first place (depending if River or Estudiantes win tomorrow).

This is good news.. not only does that mean one of our toughest rivals is almost out, but now they should probably be shifting focus mainly to the Libertadores. They play us on Sunday and then have the first leg of their Round of 16 match vs. Nacional 3 days later, in Asuncion too... maybe this means they'll be using subs against us? *crosses fingers*