River Plate 2013-14 Season: La Vuelta a las Copas [R]

Discussion in 'River Plate' started by locoxriver, Jul 1, 2013.

1. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [​IMG]
    Por una buena temporada! Vamos River!

2. balazsriver10

balazsriver10 Member

May 23, 2013
    Debrecen
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
    Hey Guys, good news!!! :)

Álvarez Balanta firmó por tres años

El defensor colombiano selló su vínculo con River por los próximos tres años, con una cláusula de rescisión de 30 millones de dólares.
    [​IMG]
    El colombiano Eder Fabián Álvarez Balanta, junto con el Presidente de River, Daniel Passarella (Foto: Prensa River)
    El lunes 24 de junio, en la oficina de Daniel Passarella, Eder Álvarez Balanta estampó la firma en su nuevo contrato con el Club Atlético River Plate, el cual se extenderá por tres años.
    El colombiano debutó en la Primera de River en el triunfo por 2-0 ante Racing, en Avellaneda. Durante el Torneo Final, Eder marcó dos goles (a Godoy Cruz y a Quilmes).
    En el vínculo firmado la semana pasada, previo al viaje de Álvarez Balanta a Colombia, se estableció una cláusula de rescisión de 30 millones de dólares.

locoxriver repped this.
  3. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Unfortunately I don't think thats good news that he signed. Its just so the club can make money on him rather than letting him go for free, since he didn't have a professional contract.

Its a great gesture from Balanta, who had no obligation to sign and could have just gone to any team without leaving River a cent.

I hope I'm wrong, but Passarella is prob going to sell him, then pocket half the money and not bring in any reinforcements of quality. (Just like Ocampos and Lamela)

4. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

I dont believe you are right.Alvarez Balanta had a contract as have all the reserva players unlike under Aguilar but this is an improved one.
    Its such a shame that you have to libel someone who in all probability doesnt need any of this so called 50% he is going to pocket.For the love of God we are talking about Passarella one of the richest men in Buenos Aires not some mickey mouse player who played twenty games in the B.
    The club is run at a loss with the futbol subsidizing all the other sports and activities you know that.
    If you want football only you have to find a president who will scrap every other activity in River which makes it so special.The reality is we right now will have to sell players.I hope its Funes Mori and Cirigliano but it could be Lanzini,Vangioni or even Alvarez Balanta if we dont sell anybody else.
    Well done Kaiser you have signalled your determination to keep the pibe I hope its going to work out.

5. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ok man, think what you want. We're talking about someone in power in Argentina, corruption is as ingrained in argentina as tango, asado, or futbol, perhaps more, and we're talking about DAP a well known tax evader!

6. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Fixture Torneo Inicial 2013

1) DOM 04/08 (V) vs. Gimnasia LP
    2) MIE 07/08 (L) vs. Rosario Central
    3) DOM 18/08 (V) vs. Godoy
    4) DOM 25/08 (L) vs. Colón
    5) DOM 01/09 (V) vs. San Lorenzo
    6) DOM 08/09 (L) vs. Tigre
    7) DOM 15/09 (V) vs. Arsenal
    DOM 22/09 (L) vs. All Boys
    9) DOM 29/09 (V) vs. Lanús
    10) DOM 06/10 (L) vs. Boca

11) DOM 13/10 (V) vs. Newell's
    12) DOM 20/10 (L) vs. Belgrano
    13) MIE 23/10 (V) vs. Atlético de Rafaela
    14) DOM 03/11 (L) vs. Estudiantes LP
    15) DOM 10/11 (V) vs. Vélez
    16) DOM 17/11 (L) vs. Olimpo
    17) DOM 24/11 (V) vs. Racing
    18) DOM 01/12 (L) vs. Argentinos
    19) DOM 08/12 (V) vs. Quilmes

locoxriver repped this.
  7. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You really shouldn't betray Argentines worst quality the eternal negativity and playing of the feeling sorry for myself tango.
    I would say the most powerful Argentine In the World has a very important job in
    Rome.No doubt some imagine him robbing some of that gold lying around for his retirement in Boedo.

I believe Messi has indulged in some rather serious tax avoidance is he corrupt.most people try it in my humble opinion avoiding tax to a corrupt government sorry they all are isn't such a crime. But that's my opinion.
    ALvarez Balanta like Martinez, Simeone etc had a juvenile contract with a 15 m buy out clause.
    I don't deny he could still be sold but what do you want a return to 04 when we had success as Aguilar began his incredible destruction of the club.
    WHat I want is the best possible transfer window knowing at the same time we have to sell and hoping we get enough for Funes Mori etc to avoid selling the cafetero

8. balazsriver10

balazsriver10 Member

May 23, 2013
    Debrecen
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
    What is DOM, MIE, L, V? Sorry, but i don't know that... :oops:

9. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Sorry... DOM is Domingo, or Sunday. If you see DOM, this means its a weekend fixture. As the most important club in the country, River will almost always play sunday, but there will be other games played throughout the weekend

MIE is Miercoloes, or Wednesday. With the World Cup coming, all club football must end 1 month prior to the FIFA World Cup, so the AFA and all leagues around the world have to add more midweek fixtures this season

L is Local (home match) and V is Visitante (away match)

10. balazsriver10

balazsriver10 Member

May 23, 2013
    Debrecen
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
    Thank you very much man! ;)

11. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We got San Lorenzo in the Copa Sudamericana draw. They are the hardest one of the three possible options, IMO.

The other games: Racing vs. Lanus, Belgrano vs. Velez.

VAMOS RIVER!!

12. balazsriver10

balazsriver10 Member

May 23, 2013
    Debrecen
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
    When will we play the fist game?

13. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don't think that has been determined yet. All I know is that the first leg will be played in el Nuevo Gasometro (San Lorenzo's stadium) and the second leg will be played in El Monumental. The winner will face the winner of [Sport Huancayo/Emelec] vs. [Cerro Porteno/Universidad Catolica]

14. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I really wanted Belgrano. A team with no international experience and almost no ability to score goals.

Honestly, of all the 6 Argentine clubs, the worst was by far Velez, but due to the AFA's absurd idea of having a "super final" they were one of the seeded teams for wining 1 game despite finishing 14th in the league :rolleyes:

15. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Best song ever:

locoxriver and la saeta rubia repped this.
  16. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    And now the two have been stopped going to Salta until they renew their contracts.

megamac20817 and locoxriver repped this.
  17. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Trezeguet says that on Sunday night he was in conversation with Passarella on how was preparing for the season and on other projects in the future at the club.But the following morning Ramon informed him he was out.
    Trezeguet feels this situation with no communications between tecnico and presidente is not good.
    He is extremely dignified expressing his indignation with what happened
    This fiasco doesn't do anything for either Diaz or Passarella.

18. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    In fairness to Passarella as David has two years left on his contract River will pay most of his salary at whatever club he goes to possibly Central

19. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Jaja he's still on tv talking isn't he? I had it on mute but he was on forever.

20. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I agree. I think this is turning into a war of egos between Ramon and Passarella. Its not good for the club.

Regardless as to who is at fault, Whats worse is seeing Cavenaghi scoring goals in Mexico, Teo and Iturbe in limbo, David heading to Central... and i can't believe I'm going to say this... but FM9 out, and... and Chino Luna as River's only 9 with over 10 minutes of experience. Mamita

21. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE
    Unfortunately that was to be expected. That was the reason why Passarella never wanted Ramon in the first place.

22. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I disagree. If DAP had brought in RAD in 2010 RAD would have little to work with against a newly elected president after Aguilar had erased him.

DAP made the error there. He thought Cappa could recreate the magic, but we had no Pastore, hell we didn't even have a Bolatti or De Federico... If Cappa had coached the most recent River team from the Final 2013 with Lanzini, Iturbe, Trezeguet, FM9, Ponzio, Vangioni, etc it may have been different... But River has needed hierarchy for a long time (we still need it) amd when Cappa took over, the team was awful.

23. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    ...I'm not sure if y'all remember, but Ramón was briefly in touch to come back to River while Aguilar was still President. He chose to go to San Lorenzo instead. Ramón clearly feels he has enough clout at the club that he can do that sort of thing, why would he have acted any differently with a newly-elected president with no titles under his leadership?

Passarella's position today isn't exactly stellar, but it's still stronger than it was when he first took office (because at the time, his hands were tied with all the problems he'd inherited from Aguilar) and despite this, Ramón is doing this sort of stuff.

locoxriver repped this.
  24. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don't agree with alot of Ramon's decisions, especially regarding Trezeguet and to a lesser extent Mora, but remember when Ramon joined San Loenzo, DAP was the DT and there was no chance DAp was going to leave. He was the DT for 8 tournaments, 4 torneos, 2 sudamericanas, 2 libertadores, and he didn't win anything. And he had his share of controversial decisions, like erasing Gallardo.

25. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Caballeros and some of you may laugh at the gringo peacemaker but AQUI ESTAMOS
    Daniel knew exactly what he was getting with Ramon but he knows hes his only hope for survival nothing to do with ego.Passarella has to tolerate all of Ramons locuras until the elections and Diaz knows it.The Riojano of course is hoping some rookie then wins the elections whom he will dominate but if the Kaiser wins then things will get interesting with Diaz doing what hes told or chau

megamac20817 repped this.