River Plate 2012: La Vuelta a Primera? - News & Comments (R)

Discussion in 'River Plate' started by locoxriver, Jan 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I hope he ends up being ok long term, but I worry a little bit too.

I worry about the game today actually mostly because of Arano being in there, Ive seen him give the ball away deep on our end too many times to feel good. But overall I think the team with this lineup can win today, and even win big. Im excited and am starting drinking now with the asado already going. Being on so late I need to pace myself and not be tanked by game time.

Also give me Racing obviously on account of Banfield being tragically bad. Give me 1-1 on Arsenal and Velez. Give me Newells 1-0 or 0-0, I think no matter what the outcome of the Boca game is unless they win in style will have those sweaty, toothless, wachiturros starting to grumble about Falcioni. Also give me Tigre, I like their team and think theyll take this one and quite a few more this season.

and of course River, Id like to get out of San Juan with a win and then run away as fast as possible and get ready for friday. I will be in there like swimwear, blowing purp no shirt, long hair dont care.

2. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I bet you enjoyed that with the asado and vino.
    Wasnt our best night but Rogelio and to be fair Arano did well.Ponzio was great and el Torito was like a good enganche with the assists.

3. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah I gotta give them credit they played well. Both Cirigliano and Ponzio played well, same with Cavenaghi. Everyone else played well enough and pulled their weight, but Aguirre looked rusty and had a tough game. All in all happy to see them win in the fashion they did, and see Trezeguet score again. Thats 2 in 2 games lets see if he can get a streak going.

4. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Aguirre just looked lost. The dude was playing as a 9 but doing a bad job at it. Ponzio and Cirigliano playing well just means he's going back to the bench.

I like the fact that Trezeguet is a little old and a little injured but he's still dangerous as a striker. I guess years playing along side the likes of Zidane and Del Piero will that to you. He looked to be in good condition which puts my worries at ease for now.

Ponzio has finally got some consistency with this team. Hope he keeps it up because we'll need it against Quilmes.

5. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    AFA turned down our petition for the 225 statute for Maidana, even though Maestrico will be arriving in Argentina less than 24 hours before our clash vs. Quilmes.

http://www.ole.com.ar/river-plate/futbol/Vos-jugas_0_655734745.html

This doesn't make sense. We play by the rules and our request gets rejected... meanwhile, on the other side of the street, the Bosteros and AFA somehow find a way to illegitimately allow Silva to play, despite his situation clearly violating FIFA rules. :rolleyes:

Nothing new..

6. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    But you need to understand that Boca never benefits from referee decisions or AFA rulings, it's always River.

:rolleyes:

7. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Turns out Pezzella will be starting instead of Gonzalez Pirez.

http://www.riverplate.com/Noticias/...-pezzella-seria-el-titukar-river-quilmes.html

Maybe it would have been better to start both Pezzella and Gonzalez Pirez, leaving Funes Mori on the bench? I don't necessarily think el melli is playing poorly, but Pezzella and Gonzalez Pirez have sooo much more experience playing together that it could have benefited the team to pair them up in such an important game.

8. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Y otra vez más que nos roban, y otra vez más que el arbitraje nos juega en contra.

9. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Un escandolo lunati es una verguenza
    Pero que segundo tiempo apassionante el viejo futbol Argentino.
    More positives than negatives a defence of 21,20,20, and 21 and we didnt concede against the team in form.
    Ponzio so unlucky as were Chori and Cavenaghi and a clear penalty we should have had.
    The atmosphere in the Monumental was like the old days.We just need to win in the la ciudad de La Plata next week.
    Today we had six players under 21 on the field and our future is looking uo despite hijos de ******** como lunati.

10. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Lunatti la concha de tu madre.... other than that no-call we were just unlucky. What a shot from Ponzio... And Chori was unlucky... We were far better than them, though I laughed hard at Caruso's gesto at almeyda

11. EnglishBostero

Mar 21, 2011
    Accrington
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Was it ponzio who hit the post? That would have been an amazing goal.

12. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yes Leo Ponzio who.is in great form after his return from Spain.

13. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I ended up getting home really late because I waited for an hour and a half for a bus that apparently doesnt run at that time on a friday night. anyways heres my recap.

First things first Id say that even though this game should have been a victory I can handle the point. Significantly outplaying a team that very well could be the next best on the table, a team who is in great form at the moment, and a team who was quite clearly satisfied with 1 point and played accordingly.

we had it rockin in there last night just like has already been said, the second half everyone felt so on edge and it kinda quieted down a bit as everyones focus intensified. Ponzio played great, and has really been a great addition. Chori Dominguez played well too, put alot of good balls on goal and should have had that penal also. And the whole defense played well also, that was certainly a high point. Ocampos didnt have his best game, and Sanchez looked rusty/bad whichever you prefer. He has played well enough this season that I can handle it as long as he doesnt make a habit of it. All in all the team is still really good, and in a really good spot.

14. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I feel like a dick for taking joy in any person's injury, but I can't help but to be happy with the fact that Arano will be out for 6-8 months. :)

In other news, we'll be seeing an alternative team in Catamarca for the Copa Argentina. The complete roster:

GK: Leandro Chichizola, Gonzalo Marinelli, Gaspar Servio
    DF: Luciano Vella, Jonatan Maidana, Germán Pezzella, Leandro González Pirez, Juan Manuel Díaz
    MF: Martín Aguirre, Cristian Ledesma, Nicolás Domingo, Ezequiel Cirigliano, César González, Juan Cazares
    FW: Daniel Villalva, Gustavo Bou, Luis Vila, Gabriel Funes Mori, David Trezeguet y Andrés Ríos.

From the usual starters, there is no Cavegol, Chori, Ocampos, Carlos Sanchez, Ponzio, Abecasis, Ramiro Funes Mori, and Vega.

I'm excited about this, I think our regulars needed a break.. hopefully we get to see Cazares and Vila get a chance, not to mention an actual full game (hopefully) for Villalva and Trezeguet.

15. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    yeah Im way down to see Cazarez out there.

and no its not bad to be happy, consider it your team getting better. Theres no sentiment in sports, the man gets paid to play a game he loves so its all fair

16. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Still no confirmation, but the expected team for tomorrow is:

Chichizola;
    Vella-Pezzella-González Pirez-J.M. Díaz;
    Aguirre-Domingo-Ledesma-Villalva or González;
    Funes Mori-Trezeguet​

17. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Saw that but others are saying the midfield will be
    Rios,Ledesma,Aguirre Villalva.

18. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don't know, Domingo spoke as if he has a guaranteed spot in the midfield:

"Jugar siempre es lindo, más cuando te ponés la camiseta de River y es televisado porque te ve todo el mundo. Por más que uno juegue bien, el equipo está haciendo un gran campeonato, pero mi objetivo es demostrarle al entrenador que puede contar conmigo. Tengo que aprovechar este partido como si fuera una final"

19. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He has been so dissapointing but overall better than Ledesma.It will be interesting to see.I hope both Maestrico Gonzalez and Villalva get plenty of time.I still feel we will need those two before this season ends.

20. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I missed the game today.. comments? How did Chichizola do in goal? How were the midfielders (Keko, Domingo, Ledesma)?

21. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I didnt watch as close as i would have liked with kids running around and trying to put on the wii while I was watching the game.

they won 2-0 as Im sure you know. Keko played quite well from everything I saw, the other two I cant really report much on I missed alot of the subtleties of the game due to the distractions. Aguirre had a nice goal but played a bizarre game, he would look great one minute and then horrible the next. Trezeguet had a number of chances to finish and didn't with any of them. Thats about all I have to offer, it was a disjointed 2-0 win.

also Chichizola played well i thought. made a nice athletic play late in the game on a ball off the post that he got up and made the save off the bounce

22. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Is Funes Mori finally beginning to finish well.He has everything to be a top player but his definicion until 2012 has been the problem but so far this year he seems to be doing well.Didnt see the game last night and sad to say wont see only on the net for months ahead la banda roja

23. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    How did the youngsters at the back do ? GP, Pezzella and Chichizola ?

I have high hopes for all three in particular German.

24. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Funes Mori is finishing alot better lately, and his goal was nice. Ummm I thought Gonzalez Pirez played very well, Pezzella from what I saw didnt play spectacularly but thats not to say he played bad. and Chichizola wasnt challenged that much, they got alot of looks but didnt turn many of them in to saveable balls. he made a couple nice saves though one going to his left on a low shot and laying out full extension to stop it. And the other was off the high post and he got up quick and put himself in position to save the shot off the rebound and did. He also distributed the ball pretty well.

Sorry that I cant offer more but I was focused on and off during the game.

25. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Thank you very much Steazy. Your input is warmly appreciated. :)