River Plate 2012: La Vuelta a Primera? - News & Comments (R)

Discussion in 'River Plate' started by locoxriver, Jan 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

I've never been a fan of him. As I said while they were still in competition, we already know what Vega is. A very avg. keeper who never should have come to River. He can have good games but for the most part he is unspectacular and inconsistent. Chichizola may make some boneheaded plays, but he is young and can grow. At vega's age, there is no chance of improvement

2. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Vega wasn't to blame for Almirante's goal, the defenders who didn't clear the ball or cover the shot are.

3. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Almeyda tried out a 4-4-2 with this weekend's game in mind:

[​IMG]

I think this is pointless. Chori has a lot more to offer when he is a playmaker assisting the forwards, IMO. Besides, he has a natural tendency to go back, so it could leave Cavenaghi too alone up front. I understand that Funes Mori hasn't been performing to the highest of standards, but if anything I would have kept the 4-3-1-2 and placed Villalva up top with Cavegol.

The other change I would consider is in the midfield: Ponzio hasn't been fully convincing, while Aguirre was one of our best players in the first half of the season. I don't think it's fair to automatically give the position to Ponzio because he arrived from Europe. :rolleyes: If we are going to see this 4-4-2, I would have much rather preferred Cirigliano-Aguirre in the middle, at least for now.

4. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Almeyda tried out a 4-4-2 with this weekend's game in mind:

[​IMG]

I think this is pointless. Chori has a lot more to offer when he is a playmaker assisting the forwards, IMO. Besides, he has a natural tendency to go back, so it could leave Cavenaghi too alone up front. I understand that Funes Mori hasn't been performing to the highest of standards, but if anything I would have kept the 4-3-1-2 and placed Villalva up top with Cavegol.

The other change I would make is in the midfield: Ponzio hasn't been fully convincing, while Aguirre was one of our best players in the first half of the season. I don't think it's fair that Ponzio automatically wins the position because he arrived from Europe. If we are going to see this 4-4-2, I would have much rather preferred Cirigliano-Aguirre in the middle, at least for now.

5. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE
    lolz, Almeyda is so clueless...

6. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I agree with you. The other thing that is frustrating is that Abacasis returns when he never should have left. I mean did he really need to see Vella one more time to realize he isn't cut out to be our 4?

Ponzio doesn't work in this 4-4-2. As you say, it appears he is only starting because he came from Europe. Mind you, he is coming from a team that is nearly 100% sure to be relegated in Spain.

Aguirre actually arrives in the area and can score goals. I don't see Ponzio added much going forward at all. He doesn't have the burst to arrive in the box and score in key moments like aguirre did various times

I too believe Villalva should play alongside Cave. Cave should play with a a forward who can give him the ball, not another 9 like Funes Mori. Villalva will create space, and he has more ideas than just lumping in crosses like half of the rest of the team does.

Ocampos is a young kid, but I'm sadly going to say he has been reading his articles in the newspaper a bit much. He had a quote recently like "I don't want to go to Europe until I win the Primera with River." The kid is 17 years old, he needs to work on his game. He is trying to much with his dribbling I think, when his best strengths are arriving in the area and trying a quick snap shot or using his head (he was a good header in the argentina U17 as well.) I think he is taking these Cristiano comparisons to heart because he is constantly trying to dribble past 3 guys, and his crosses are terrible

Not trying to be too negative, but we did tie with Almirante Brown. There is much and more that needs to be improved.

Right now the only players I have confidence, or even hope, that will do something special in a match are Cave, Chori, and Sanchez. The rest seem lost

Even Maidana was terrible last week, and the other Funes Mori doesn't convince me. It was his needless foul that led to the free kick that resulted in their goal. I'd rather see Gonzalez Pirez or Pezzella... There is a reason both these guys were starters and the leaders for the Sub 20 and Funes Mori wasn't even in the squad.

7. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The Chaca game is back up! It had been confirmed for Sunday, in La Plata instead of Avellaneda. :)

8. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Will Passarella ever see sense and allow Pezzella to play for the first team ? Otherwise the kid should pack up his bags find a middle ranking side in Italy or Spain and go from there because it is damaging his career.

It does not benefit the club or the seleccion. :(

9. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Almeyda's new obsession is the other Funes Mori. Pezzella has a high buy out clause, so I am confident he will stay... as to why he isn't playing, well i have no idea. Honestly, I'd have no problem benching Maidana and playing both Pezzella and Gonzalez Pirez. They are the future... along with Abacasis.

JM Diaz is decent, but nothing more. He's still eating off that one decent cross he made to Boselli against Barca. I don't think he's hit one good cross for us... Not saying he's terrible, but his crossing is laughable

10. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well at least Almeyda seems to have finally given up on Rios, who was left out of the bench for Trezeguet, Villalva, and Funes Mori. :)

Also, it's good to not have to see the names "Arano" or "Vella" anywhere on the roster.

Vamos millo!

11. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Just what we needed a good win. Con un golazo fantastico de Ocampos.Este pibe es un crack.
    Please Almeyda always Abecasis no more Vella.Happy we are back on track but of course Chori just couldnt avoid controversy for one week could he Though El Torito was as much to blame pero VAMOS RIVER EL MAS GRANDE

12. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You have to be fucking kidding me!:

Cuatro barras agredieron a un quinto en el baño del estacionamiento del Monumental, en plena tarde del jueves. Según lo que Olé pudo averiguar, la Policía está revisando las imágenes que tomaron las cámaras de seguridad, y si se identifica a los agresores, correría riesgo la habilitación del estadio. Justo a dos días del partido con Independiente de Mendoza...

:mad:

Enough with this bs! I'm sick of the barras ruining everything for everyone time and time again!

13. ElMuneco

ElMuneco Member

Jun 27, 2004
    Encinitas, CA
    Club:
    CA River Plate

They're a cancer to the club, plain and simple.

14. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Sports always cause a mob mentality, association with any group of people with another large group opposing you causes that "macho", aggresive, and usually in the end violent behavior. The Barras take this to a whole new level, and unfortunately anyone with any authority is too chickenshit to say or do anything about it. Just like you said they are a cancer, and I dont know how it would be done but that culture of stupidity needs to be weeded out of the game.

15. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    100% agree but the tenplate is there and happening right now in Independiente.AS someone who is a Passarella supporter I have to admit here he needs to take action AHORA

16. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah that really is cool what theyre making happen at Independiente. And yeah I would hope Passarella will do something because by now it is time to act since he wouldnt be the first one which would make it a less "controversial" stance to take. But my worry is for all teams too. Take a club like Nueva Chicago for example, their Barra is responsible for deaths more often than there is an Olympics or World Cup. So what do they do? elect an ex barra to be president, I dont know how often you are in Mataderos but Im through their regularly on the bus to get in to the city and everywhere you look its signs for "Fusca Presidente". One of the shadiest hinchadas go ahead and elect an ex barra as president so he can just answer to their wannabe thugs. Its sad and it needs a full scale change but Id settle for River to get to work on it for the time being.

also have you seen the type of person who wears a Nueva Chicago jersey? blech, its like the crowd at a Wachiturros concert.

17. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Expulsado Carlos Sanchez.. :mad:

18. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What the hell is up with our players? Can no one keep their cool? INEXCUSABLE

19. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Gooooooooooolllllaaaaaaaaazzooooo

vamo ************! Que grande que sos cave!!!

20. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ocampos is on fire! :eek:

If he can learn how to cross and shoot (consistently), he can turn into hell of a player.

21. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE
    A shame that Ocampos starts amazingly well his actions but dont take the best decisions to finish them.

22. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Everytime Ocampos does something good, I can't help but think its likely DAP is going to sell him... I hope I'm wrong. We need to keep this kid until he is 20 at the minimum. He has such a huge future.

Oh and why the hell has Cavegol not been signed for lie? What are they waiting for? He's made it clear he wants to stay and the dirigentes are napping. If they want Trezeguet to be our 9 next season instead of Fernando, they will have a lot of explaining to do to... :mad:

23. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ponzio has had a much better game today. Very impressed

24. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Cantemos todos que nuñez esta de fiesta
    cantemos todos que nuñez esta de carnaval

jajaj nossa nossa assim voce me mata LOL que baile por dios!

que grandes chori y cavegol

25. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    GOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLL DE DAVID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think i'm going to get quite drunk tonight to celebrate this great game