River Plate 2012-13 Season: El Regreso del Mas Grande [R]

Discussion in 'River Plate' started by locoxriver, Jun 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    And now Arano appears as a candidate to replace Ramiro Funes Mori vs. Racing. Dear god, it's going to be a long week season.

2. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I seriously think Pa$$arella and Turnes nos estan cargando. These two millionaires are sitting in their mansions in pilar and punta del este laughing about people who really care about the club. Look at what Turnes said:

http://canchallena.lanacion.com.ar/1509638-turnes-siempre-dije-que-almeyda-es-el-ferguson-de-river

How can you seriously make a comment like that coming off one of the the most pathetic performances in club history? Not to mention the fact that if we lose sunday, we will be in descenso directo... Not saying they shouldn't back the DT, but to call him the "Feguson" (the winningest DT in the history of english football) is just a joke. Especially because most of the CD is already making contact with candidates to replace him. Reminds me exactly of what happened with Astrada when we played the game against atletico tucuman with cappa already hired even though DAP told him he was still his DT... Just as I predicted months ago, as soon as the results didn't give, DAP and his pals would stab Almeyda in the back even though he has been a faithful puppet for them and took the fall for the cave and chori debacle

Mamita, so much for the economic championship and the project of passarella

3. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You're joking, right? A 2-0 defeat against one of the most consistent teams in Argentine football in the last 5 years is the most pathetic performance in club history? We were relegated, and in one season ended dead last with a record low points and managed to lose 4-1 against ALL FOUR recently promoted teams.

And you know what's worse? Despite all the doom and gloom, Almeyda's effectiveness rate is... 63%.

4. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So because we sucked before, we should excuse a game where we couldn't complete 2 passes in a row? That game could have easily been 5 or 6-0. Barovero had a number of good saves and Ferrerya was wasteful in front of goal. Everyone in the world knows that game was poised to be a goleada... We also can't deny that the barras killed velez's momentum when they disrupted the game

And don't go prattling off Almeyda's efficiency rate... If we lose sunday, we're in descenso directo. I seriously don't get how you can be defending this "project"

We have the best 9, hands down, in the country, but our coach hasn't figured out how to get him involved (Lanzini as an enganche anyone?)

5. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    when I saw there was going to be a presser today I was ecstatic that it meant River was going to wash its hands of Almeydas reign of terror. But it turns out every person is as dilusional as the next at River.
    I mean seriously Im just ready for the 11 this weekend to be Chichizola, FM6 (theyll forget he's suspended) Bottinelli, Gonzalez Pirez, Arano, Sanchez, Aguirre, Ledesma, Kranevitter, FM9, Luna, and Trezeguet. Why? because hes Matias Almeyda and he can make whatever random lineup he wants and have no accountability for it.

god damn it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

locoxriver and RiverGaucho repped this.
  6. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Mora is injured... Just great.

What will Almeyda do? Will he turn to Lanzini again, as he should? What about Cazares?

Will he continue with the out of form Sanchez? Or will Affranchino be given another shot?

Will he insist on the terrible Bottinelli? (most likely will be forced to be the president)

Will he field a back 3?

So many questions... and we have a DT who has no answers.

7. LaFuriaNolan

LaFuriaNolan Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Montréal
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I have no words.

8. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Maidana out for 6 months.

la saeta rubia repped this.
  9. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ponzio y Mora magnificos gran triunfo de River.Es obvio que Luna y Funes Mori tienen que pelear para empezar.
    FUERZA ALMEYDA

10. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well that was better, Lets see how it looks next week in front of 1,000 local fans in Mendoza.

11. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Actually, our game vs. Godoy Cruz will be at home in el monumental.

Side note: I can't believe the superclasico is so close! :eek: Only two games separate us from it.

12. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ah shit, this shows how busy I've been. even better though, its time to put a good stretch together going into that game so that if it comes down to it River can leapfrog that teamand make all those ********heads extra bitter.

God I hate those people so much, its the lowest of the low in our society. Not to mention the whole world.

13. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Yes, I'm trying to get tickets for that. Anybody know a good place/company to get them from? Ideally one selling for under $300/ticket would be nice.

14. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Its going to be quite hard to find a ticket to this game, as a socio I am quite doubtful I'll have any luck, so I looked at a few tourist sights and they are sold out too. (I tried Tangol and BairesFun)

I can't wait. The team finally played well, now lets see if we can do it at home. The best thing is, players like Pezzella (i know locoxriver and I have been calling for him since before we went down...) are showing their worth and I am a big fan of Affranchino, another player from the club.

Up front, we have options. If Treze is off the pace, put in Luna for him and later bring in FM9 for a midfielder. Mora is untouchable... I really like this player

Ponzio has been amazing this season, lets hope his trip to resistencia to sit around in the dark doesn't hurt his preparation

As for the Super, its so hard no to look forward to it, and although its only 2 games away, sadly its 3 weeks away as we must stomach the FIFA date, and this time there will be know league game :mad:

At this point, River is the clear favorite. The only chance boca has to beat us is to do what Racing did and get lucky on a set piece and hope we are off. Now however, if Luna, FM9, and Mora are on their games plus Trezeguet becomes a threat again, and you have Lanzini on the bench, I see River as overwhelming favorites even though boca is still higher in the table

BocaFan repped this.
  15. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Que partidazo.

16. LaFuriaNolan

LaFuriaNolan Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Montréal
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Suddenly I can't wait for the Superclasico.

megamac20817 and locoxriver repped this.
  17. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The team is improving, thankfully. The thing that I like about them is that they all put huevos, unlike the past teams that had a bunch of pecho frios like Abelairas, Archubi, etc. that didn't always give their all in every play. Even the days the team is playing bad I don't see any of that.. so that's been a huge positive and clear difference between the 2012 River and those of recent times. Add that to the improving performances, and the picture is beginning to look much better.

Hopefully the team can keep up with this form and Almeyda can prove the many that criticized him (myself included) wrong. It is true that teams like Velez and Lanus were all patient clubs with projects: they didn't become solid teams from one day to the other. With the talent available in our squad for a while now, River may finally be starting to play as a team. Let's hope things continue this way.

18. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    May I add that we've faced all of the teams in the top 10 positions except for Boca (#5) and Lanus (#10). Doesn't necessarily mean we'll have an easier second half of the tournament, but it's always a good thing to have already faced most of the tough teams (Newell's, Velez, Belgrano, etc.)

Boca is in the opposite situation: they faced practically all the teams on the bottom side of the table, and they lost to the few top-placed teams they faced (Belgrano and Lanus).

19. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    At last a fiesta in the Monumental and how good it feels.Que ALEGRIA As ive said for months and months on end patience is needed for the development of a project and things look better now.But noone should start coming off on their pants yet as this team is still a long long way from being related to any of our days of glory.But as you say all have huevos to pelear and the project in the inferiores is among the best on the planet.
    VAMO RIVER y tres puntos contra Quilmes

Albiceleste2010 repped this.
  20. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What a game that was!

Like everyone else, I have an eye on the superclasico... its getting SO close.

The only frustrating thing is that right when the team starts playing well we have a week off for the damn fecha fifa...

21. Albiceleste2010

Albiceleste2010 Member+

Watford
    Argentina
    Jun 5, 2010
    Watford
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Certainly looked confident and on an upswing against Godoy. Don't think many people saw that Ponzio FK more than a match for Leo's effort.

22. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Sorry I'm a bit confused? a comparison to Messi's FK? Just curious, because they are both named Leo :D

Ponzio is probably the best player of the tournament... And I find it funny that Sabella chooses to have Braña in the squad while Ponzio wasn't even starting on the local nt :thumbsdown:

AS for the game, I think River is going to be able to work so much more tranquilly after 9 goals in 2 games, I am just worried that this damn fifa date is going to kill our momentum and give bosta some time to work out their problems. It would be PERFECT if we played bosta this coming weekend

But regardless, we need to try and stay focused on Quilmes and figure out whats best for the team and David. I liked that Almeyda took him out, because it is obvious he's not at his best and that his personal problem are affecting his play (I'm not blaming him, going through a divorce, having his kids so far away, those are SO hard to deal with)

I'd like to see Luna start against Quilmes and then have Trezeguet return against bosta

23. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Thanks. Yeah doesn't look good. Some seem to be still available through ViaGOGO, but not sure how trustworthy they are. And also very expensive ($650 for 2 tickets :cautious: )

24. LaFuriaNolan

LaFuriaNolan Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Montréal
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    No disrespect to David but right now I trust Luna more than him, against Quilmes hopefully they both get playing time.

25. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Not much to do with River, but check out this song from Vasco do Gama that sings about River. It brings sad memories when we lost in the semifinals of that tournament in 1998 but its pretty cool to hear.
    Contra o River Plate , sensacional gol de quem ??
    Gol de Juninhoo, "Monumentaaal