River Plate 2012-13 Season: El Regreso del Mas Grande [R]

Discussion in 'River Plate' started by locoxriver, Jun 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LaFuriaNolan

LaFuriaNolan Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Montréal
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Really we can't expect anyone, coach, player or whatever to come in and save us. That's why I'm not going to panic or call for heads, when you disgrace your name the way River has over the past years you got to bide your time.

But I just don't see Almeyda making improvements, if this keeps up then we need to start looking at Diaz or a way to poach Sampaoli from La U. The success might not come right away but the identity comes first and the best way to get the fans behind the team is by putting on a show and being the brave, attacking River that the club is known for.

But we can't keep looking at the past either, Diaz like Gallego hasn't done anything of note in years either, I'll always support El Pelado but we need a modern attacking identity not try to be the past.

2. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You are the moderator look at where it started and sort it out

3. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It didn't start today: you guys have been insulting each other back and forth for months now. I'm asking both of you nicely to put it to an end. Take the warning and stop it with the personal attacks, if not I will begin taking action. End of conversation.

4. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Thank you Loco... We river fans must UNITE and not worry about DAP or whoever... the problem is passarella is a terrible presidente. If the guy did one thing right i would say so... but he does nothing. I'm a socio of the club, so please don't anyone tell me i don't know what i'm talking about. Passarella hasn't one thing he promised. The barra is still at large, very much at the club all days, even in the gym when we normal people go to work out... they still threaten real fans, etc... DAP has done nothing and he's hired terrible coaches... cappa, jj, almierda... all 3 disasters

That doesn't mean i'm not a river fan... i just know we won't succeed this way. We need ramon NOW

5. LaFuriaNolan

LaFuriaNolan Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Montréal
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The same Ramon Diaz who has failed at every job since 2007?

6. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It was all going so well for just a while.

7. megamac20817

megamac20817 Member+

Jul 9, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The very same! I really want him to stay away from River.

8. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ramon is on a bad streak... but he is the winningest coach in river history, and the fans will call for him regardless. So, its probably best for him to come, that way passarella can get the weight off his back. The fans will be patient with Ramon, not with Almeyda, not with Gallardo, nor with any other tecnico with no experience.

Some people I know said Ramon only won because of the great teams he had, but then who is a great coach? Labruna had Alonso, Luque, Perfumo, JJ Lopez, Passarella, Mas, etc... Its hard to win without a great group of players

I will say that even though Ramon failed, he knows the club, he knows what the fans want, and he just might be able to work some magic, you never know...

After all, for all my hatred for Passarella as a president, i know he was a very fine coach who won 3 titles with River but also failed at Corinthians and Parma and his last spell with River he played 8 different tournametns and couldn't win a single one, losing to caracas in the libertadores and arsenal in the sudamericana, it was pretty poor... That doesn't mean I wouldn't prefer Passarella on the bench instead of Almeyda.

Another guy I would give another chance to, even though I know it would be damn hard, would be el Ingeniero Pellegrini... It would have to be a few years for that

The other thing Ramon brings is that he might be able to convince some top players to come back. Passarella is a big name and he said he could bring back top players, but lets be honest, it was always going to be hard without a top quality coach. Cappa i thought was an interesting prospect, but he would never had the pull with Aimar or Saviola or D'Alessandro, like a Ramon would

I'm not saying Ramon is the only option, but River is a difficult environment in the best of days, and right now its much worse, so say what you will about ramon in his most recent jobs, he does know what it takes to succeed here.

9. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What the hell was Sanchez thinking when he did that handball? Completely unnecessary and the the main reason we lost a practically secured (and more than deserved) win.

Now with that said, the team played very, very well and did more than in the five previous games combined. Mora, needless to say, was on fire. Trezeguet was more active and also had a great game. Rojas was very important as well. Ponzio with yet another fantastic performance.

However, I'm still not sold on Bottinelli. I know we paid a fortune for him, but even then I'd still rather see Pezzella starting over him.

10. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Mora was a freaking stud out there. It's been too long since I've seen this team this dangerous offensively. I honestly didn't mind Bottinelli that much considering he hasn't played a complete game in awhile especially against a strong team like Newell's. I think this team did great and we deserved to win. I really think that "handball" was non-existent. It was a bullshit call. With Mercado injured is it time to give Abecasis a chance or is Almeyda going to keep pretending he doesn't exist?

RiverGaucho repped this.
  11. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Sanchez screwed us, but Barovero should have come out and just gotten that ball

I don't like Bottinelli, I never wanted him to come to River in the first place. Got a yellow card in the 3rd minute and was poor through out.

Mora however was a beast. Trezeguet looked dangerous as well.

The worst news from this game is that Ponzio is suspended

By the... Its funny how Boca fans seem to think the refs help river, yet we have a penalty called on us and our best player is now suspended... Did anyone see the "penalty" they gave boca today? what a joke

12. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    LOL, I agree. It's funny how the bosteros didn't make any mention of it whatsoever, but if it were the other way around they'd be making an entire thread about how we can't even beat a 10-man Argentinos Jrs. with a complete bullshit penalty.

RiverGaucho repped this.
  13. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Jesus christ.. I can't believe Vella is currently the candidate to replace Mercado vs. Velez. Back to the same old bs!

14. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Abacasis deserves a chance, he hasn't even been on the bench this tournament. The other thing about Abacasis is that he hits really good crosses, which Sanchez certainly doesn't do. I think he assisted David a few times last season.

But yes, Vella is just a muerto.

The other huge gap is going to be replacing Ponzio who is suspended. He was just amazing last night. Will he bring back Cirigliano? The one thing I am really hoping he doesn't do is put in Ledesma. The guy is an ex-jugador

15. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Is anyone else worried that Almeyda is going to put Aguirre in for Ponzio this week and eventually forget about Cirigliano's existence like he does with Abecasis?

16. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yes I am worried about that. Ciri may be in bad form, and while I think Aguirre is a serviceable player, he is not a real 5. He thrusts forward too much and makes a lot of rash tackles. He'd be a disaster on his own. At this point, I don't think either of them can replace Ponzio who has been a beast this season

On the bright side, Abacasis looks to be in contention:

http://www.riverplate.com/Noticias/...-gana-la-pulseada-por-el-lateral-derecho.html

Obviously considering how Almeyda has been changing the team like 8 times a week we have no idea how it will end up, but lets hope we won't see the muerto Vella and Abacasis gets a shot. I think he is key to assisting David as well

We really need to win this game. Right now, we are 4 points behind bosta but we can't afford to get any further back. Velez is good, but not the same side they used to be and theres no reason why the front 3 shouldn't terrorize their back line like they did with Newell's the only worry as usual is the defense.

locoxriver repped this.
  17. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Looks like Ciri and Abecasis are now leading the race to start vs. Velez. :)

RiverGaucho repped this.
  18. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    WTH? Just like vs. Colon, Lanzini won't even be on the bench:
    http://www.ole.com.ar/river-plate/futbol/paga-Lanzini_0_773922863.html

Why? He didn't play much the last couple of games, but before that he had been practically the best thing we offered offensively. I understand benching him, but straight up leaving him out for the likes of Affranchino and Ledesma. Again, why? Is he getting the "Abecasis treatment"?

19. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm not sure but I heard a rumor that Lanzini told Almeyda he wanted to play as an enganche and this pissed of Matias.

Regardless of the the reason for it, its a mistake. Affranchino I actually like a bit, but Ledesma shouldn't be on the bench. Lanzini needs to be there to give us someone with juego in the second half. I don't get Almeyda sometimes, he didn't even take Ledesma to the bench in the Nacional B and now in the primera he has him on the bench and even starting... Really strange.

But at least we have Abacasis and Cirigliano starting, and lets hope Mora and Trezeguet can be as potent as last game. I'd also like to see el Chino Luna come in at some point, he was the top scorer of the league last season

20. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Jesus christ... Where are the DAP supporters now? Where are the people who thought Botinelli was a good buy? The guy was purchased to further line the pockets of DAP and his friends... What a shit player

And FM6... Well he is also complete crap. At least he will be suspended next week.

Almeyda should be fired tomorrow

This is a waste of a tournament. We could have competed for the inicial with Cavenaghi, Chori, Orban, etc. but our DT and President had other ideas like the Funes Mori brothers... ********ing brilliant

I can't describe how angry I am. Just a complete waste of our time to follow this team until DAP puts his ego aside and brings in a real DT

locoxriver repped this.
  21. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    This is River right now. A shit team. Shit fans. Shit president. Barras. This is Argentina of Cristina. Impunidad ******** this. I don't have the patience any more for this... So fing depressing and meanwhile passarella won't come out and address this

22. LaFuriaNolan

LaFuriaNolan Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Montréal
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm sorry, but what does River's problems have to do with CFK? The economic situation doesn't explain why some clubs in the country are better run than others.

As a foreigner I don't want to go into politics here (I care about Argentina and have my own opinions, but since I don't live there right now I don't feel it's my place to go there), but it could be Kirchner, Macri, Duhalde, Menem, Solanas or Peron's Argentina, I don't think it matters. We have seen high highs and low lows in Argentina, and River has been able to thrive in both.

This team doesn't have game changers right now, at this point yes DAP and his ego shares responsibility. This team needs to start over, it's been obvious that if we are going to be mediocre, do it with the kids and if Almeyda can't do that...

23. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    CFK has openly backed barra bravas and many of them are paid by the government. They participate in her rallies and things. She literally said in a speech that barras a passionate fans and plateistas generate violence (this is her continued war against the middle class)

Last season against Ferro Los Borrachos del Tablon had a huge banner that read "Clarin Miente"... They didn't have this banner because they believe of because it made any sense, they did it because someone in the kirchnerismo paid them to have it.

There are numerous links between kirchnerismo and the barra oficial of river.

Theres also the part that the govt. is now the holders of the tv rights and basically forces these games to continue even this shit happens. So in any serious country, the game would have been called off, here tv publica forces them to make sure the game is played through.

24. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Nolan here are just a few examples of the barra being linked to kirchnerismo:

[​IMG]
    http://edimpresa.diariouno.com.ar/g...0/11/08/imagenes_noticias/o13f2.jpg&id=257914

[​IMG]

And btw when LBDT pulled out that banner against Ferro, the normal fans all booed and whistled and they took it down.

Theres a great book called "Ser de River" and it basically outlines the fall of the club. There is a part in the book that talks about Aguilar's close ties to the Casa Rosada when Nestor Kirchner was president. Even though Aguilar is part of a different party than the K (UCR) they really liked him and wanted him to be a candidate in Buenos Aires against Macri, who was the candidate from the more conservative PRO party, the enemies of the Ks (even though the UCR is traditionally anti-K/Peronist as well)

And my criticism here of the Ks have nothing to do with the economic situation, the AFIP or any other ludicrous things happening in Argentina right now, but rather how in the year 2012 Argentina still has such terrible crowd violence while the rest of the world is solving the issue. I know places like brazil are really bad too, the palmeiras fans had a pretty crazy riot against corinthians, but literally every week in arg we have barras doing this stuff and the club directors have been clear its hard for them to do anything without the federal government helping.

Before the season CFK had a big press conference where she announced a fingerprint system to enter stadiums so barras and other troublesome fans with records could be kept out. In River, this system is used only for the Belgrano stand, which is where I sit with a bunch of other normal people, while the barras enter easily.

The same thing happened at Independiente with the boca barra a few weeks ago.

25. LaFuriaNolan

LaFuriaNolan Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Montréal
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Oh the government has hired the barra before (and has outright ties to them), but this isn't just our problem, La Doce will work for whoever pays them...the barras are more mafia than futbol fans, Duhalde and Menem also used them though the situation has clearly gotten worse over the past decade. Under Duhalde the barras would intimidate workers who took over factories, and under the Kirchners they continued to be used to intimidate protestors rich, poor and middle class.

CFK or not the barras are a cancer on Argentine football...them and the corrupt politicians (I probably have a more positive opinion of CFK than many, but I'd never support the Peronists for a reason) are hurting River but the problems with the clubs play and identity can't be blamed on the government...I know the whole Futbol para todos issue and the barras have allowed River to be used but if the football improves then the club can still get its act together..

The barras need to be stopped and it won't happen under CFK I agree but they aren't going to get stopped easily no matter what.