River Plate 2012-13 Season: El Regreso del Mas Grande [R]

Discussion in 'River Plate' started by locoxriver, Jun 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    52 years ago..

[​IMG]

Un día como hoy, pero en 1961, River Plate derrotaba al Real Madrid por 3 a 2 en el estadio Santiago Bernabeu. Los goles del conjunto millonario eran convertidos por Roberto (en dos oportunidades) y Delem.

El Real Madrid venía de ganar de manera consecutiva la Copa de Europa (Champions League) en cinco oportunidades. River le quitó aquél 13 de junio un invicto de cinco años sin sufrir derrotas en su mítico estadio. Además, venía de conseguir la Copa Intercontinental tras derrotar a Peñarol de Montevideo.

Con todos esos condimentos, River fue a Madrid e hizo historia. El rutilante triunfo sobre el mejor equipo del mundo del momento fue noticia en todos los medios internacionales.

Por supuesto, en Argentina también. La imagen corresponde a la Revista River en su edición del 29 de junio de 1961. "Gracias a River, Argentina sigue siendo alguien en el fútbol mundial", titulaba la crónica de aquella exitosa gira por Europa, que además del triunfo contra el "Merengue" incluyó triunfos históricos contra grandes de Europa como el Nápoli, Juventus y Atlético Madrid.

Espero que nuestros jugadores metan la mitad de los huevos y futbol que pusieron estos muchachos y se lleven los 3 puntos hoy. A ganar si o si. VAMO RIVER PLAAATE!

Albiceleste2010 repped this.
  2. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  3. LaFuriaNolan

LaFuriaNolan Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Montréal
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  4. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Que asco. Un desastre total.

Maidana and Mercado are making me want to throw up. Absolutely horrendous.

Ponzio has been a ghost. I haven't seen him touch a single ball, and I mean I literally haven't seen him come in contact with the ball once.

Even Alvarez Balanta is having an off day, although not nearly as horrible as his teammates.

Funes Mori -- pegate un tiro.

Por lo menos que pongan huevo loco..

5. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I know it wouldn't change much considering how our defense has been repulsive, but it's so damn frustrating how Mora -one of the best players in the league in the first half of the season- never gets a chance, yet Funes Muerto is given an undisputed spot all 90 minutes as if he were Messi. :mad::mad:

LaFuriaNolan repped this.
  6. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Bad.... Oh well we're on the up and I never really thought we'd end up champion of this tournament so I'm not exactly disappointed, lets have a good transfer season and be ready to win everything.

locoxriver repped this.
  7. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Anybody notice how bad the team has been with Ponzio on the field lately? Not to dismerit him as a player, because we all know what he's capable of, but he hasn't done a single thing right since his return from his injury. Vs. Argentinos he came in off the bench and the team's level dropped to what was up to now our worst game of the tournament. Today he started in the catastrophic game vs. Lanus, and was completely absent in the midfield. Not to mention his abysmal performance vs. Boca.

I'm really hoping we recover the real Ponzio next season, because not only is it a pain to watch him play like this, but he appears to brings down the performance of the entire team by a couple of levels when he's having a bad day.

8. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I agree 100% after Newells won we had no chance of winning the title in reality.The drubbing at the hands of the little evil one merely confirmed that this team is not as good as Newells.
    Two full backs right midfield and a golscorer have to be found.If Aimar returns and with Martinez and Driussi maturing we can live with the sale of Lanzini.
    Vangioni and Alvarez Balanta must be kept at all.costs but we can expect to see the young Colombian have some matches like this.
    I would like to see Mora stay and Funes Moris cycle has ended even if the money isnt going to be great.

9. balazsriver10

balazsriver10 Member

May 23, 2013
    Debrecen
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
    Hey guys there is no problem... It was a great season after that we are in the second league a year ago... DAP wants to sell FM9, Mora will go back to Benfica, this is the reason why FM9 plays and Mora not...
    We have to do some serious transfer, because Rojas, Sanchez, Bottinelli isn't in a River's level... I would like to see, that Mora, Balanta, Lanzini, Vangioni stay and we transfer Aimar, two good forwards, a right midfielder and a defender!
    Vamos River!!![​IMG]

Albiceleste2010 repped this.
  10. msi2

msi2 Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Paris, FRANCE
    For our own sake's, let's hope Passarella will get it right when it comes to refuerzos for the next transfer season....

11. LaFuriaNolan

LaFuriaNolan Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Montréal
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Is there any chance Mora can stay or is Benfica sticking to their ridiculous price?

12. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Its hard to say they may have an interest in some of our players.I would like to see out Mercado,Bottinelli,Acevedo,Gonzalez Pirez,Cirigliano,Rojas,Rogelio,Sanchez,Diego Martinez and Trezeguet.Returning from injury will, be Pezzela,Ramiro and Aguirre.We will probably lose Lanzini so we need Aimar to bring on Tomas Martinez and Driussi.Demichelis is a big possibility and his experience will be great for Alvarez and Pezzela.Two full backs right side midfield and a forward and bringing in some of our outstanding young players will be the chazllenge.

13. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We can't lose Lanzini, Aimar is heading to Malaysia or Dubai or some such place. Lanzini I think can really explode next tournament, and even if Aimar does the unthinkable and decides to play for glory instead of petro-dollars, he is injury prone at 33 years old and we will have the copa sudamericana as well as the torneo Inicial to deal with, and most likely the libertadores in 2014, so we need depth.

I want Lanzini minimum 6 months more. DAP sold Lamela and Ocampos before they could explode, yet we have stuck with funes Mori through countless awful performances. Let us enjoy a pine just once in your life DAP(don't forget he was dt when higuain was sold after just 50 or so first team games)

Albiceleste2010 and balazsriver10 repped this.
  14. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    But the reality is the club has still big debts.
    I hope we keep Lanzini too but how do we balance the books.We especially will need him if Aimar doesnt come.It will be interesting to see Martinez tomorrow.
    The good news is we will get money thru the sales of Falcao and Higuain and we thru Passarella maintain a small percentage of Lamela.But the first two wont come thru for a year or so.
    Maybe the Russians will come up with big money for the Mellizos.Passarella needs a big transfer window so lets see

15. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    While I do understand Ramon's posture to focus on the next season and begin building a new team without the players that will not remain with the club next season, I find it very unfair that Mora will not be at least on the bench in a (literally) meaningless match. It just happens to be the last game of the season AND at home in el monumental with nothing left to play for. Mora has given us a lot in a short time he was here and has developed a passion for River that many players never feel, even if they spend years upon years at a club.

I think the least Ramon could have done was give Mora some well-deserved minutes. But no..

Hopefully this isn't the end of his spell with la banda, although it seems like it may very well be.

Por tenerlo de hijo a Boca.. por poner huevos, garra, y futbol cuando nadie mas en el equipo lo hacia.. por amar a River como la gente, a pesar de que no tenes porque quererlo... por pelear para quedarte en vez de volver a europa... por todo........ GRACIAS URUGUAYO!

balazsriver10 and RiverGaucho repped this.
  16. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I agree Loco... Mora deserved a chance in front of the fans. Sure, he didn't have a great semester, but neither did funes Mori and he was given INFINITE chances to start game after game as usual.

I would like to have seen Iturbe start one last time as well. I wasn't happy with his signing after the flop at the sub 20, but he did pretty well and seemed to care for the club, much like mora did. I would have started both and taken them off minute 10-15 of second half to let the fans send them off.

I'm not sure where Iturbe and Mora will be playing their football next year, but I wish them luck. They have been the bright spots in this futbol argentino with so few players that bring excitement.

Chau Iturbe y mora gracias y suerte! Hasta siempre muchachos!

balazsriver10 and locoxriver repped this.
  17. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Que crack lanzini!

That play reminded me of how river used to play.

18. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Grande Iturbe! He deserved that goal on his farewell game.

Awesome player, and yet with so much more potential. It will be interesting to see how he continues to develop.

Also another great pass by Kranevitter, who had a terrific game. He's the 5 of the future.

RiverGaucho repped this.
  19. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Great game from Iturbe. The gesture was just to say he wanted to stay at river, I saw nothing wrong with it. I feel bad for San Juan , but I don't think iturbe was trying to infuriate them

i also thought Krannevitter was really good the kid is going to be something special. I would still renew ledesma's contract, but if he doesn't come back the position will be we'll covered.

Lanzini disappeared for bits, but again proved he is close to exploding. He needs to stay on for another 6 months at minimum, I think he can be the 10 we need very soon. He's finally looking comfortable

20. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    And also just to add, river will face Racing in the first round of the copa sudamericana. The first leg will be in el cilindro and the return match in Nuñez.

http://www.riverplate.com/Noticias/...na-2013-cilindro-avellaneda-racing-river.html

It's a huge advantage to be able to play the revancha at home, especially considering how well we have done this semester in el monumental, that and el cilindro is our second home

21. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Very happy with Kranevitter good game. I would still keep Ledesma for another year as Cirigliano is sellable.Lanzini continues to improve what a dribble as loco says brings us back to great days.But I think they may not be too far away.Passarella has to get the sales right and the signings.We desperately need a left back,Vangioni is a great carrilero but no full back.I think Mas from San Juan would be a good buy hes 23 over 70 games in primera and any time I have seen him he looks a good player.A center forward as well.It was a pity some of the pibes didnt get some minutes.Martinez still needs time at this level five or six games next tournament.35 points is decent but in the inicial and Sudamericana the challenges will be big.

locoxriver repped this.
  22. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    ******** ******** ********!!!

First Cavenaghi and Chori.. now Trezeguet? WTF?!

Granted Trezeguet isn't in his prime, I still had faith in his potential after his surgery. Besides, it's not like we're overstocked with 9's. Quite the contrary: we have yet to find someone who can fill the role and, as far I'm concerned, none of them have shown more than a bad Treze. The guy is a legend and deserved a minimum 6 more months with the club. No se despide a un grande asi..

Que se vayan todos a la reputa que los pario.. !!!! :mad::mad:

23. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ramon has given his list of unwanted players.Almost all I agree with but Muchissimas gracias a David por su ayuda en el peor momento en la historia de River.Trezeguet played a huge part in Rivers immediate return and I for one will be always grateful for his help in Rivers worst moment.17 goals in 37 games wasnt bad either.GRANDE DAVID

24. balazsriver10

balazsriver10 Member

May 23, 2013
    Debrecen
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
    I don't believe it... Trezegol is a legend... And after this he is a very good player, who can score in every time... I think he has also two good years in football... I don't know what is the reason that Ramón sends him... Chori Trezegol Cavegol... What a fantastic three...:(

locoxriver repped this.