River Plate 2012-13 Season: El Regreso del Mas Grande [R]

Discussion in 'River Plate' started by locoxriver, Jun 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Tranquilo, que no se gano todavia...

2. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Pretty much, it'll be nice to get back to going. I haven't gone yet since we returned to the primera, they priced me out of going last tournament but now that I have my money together and they're not playing late night I'm finally back.

By next tournament ill be a socio though so its allll good.

3. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Bien River! Otro triunfo y punteros de nuevo..

A la b rojo, rojo a la b.. their fans were disgusting me today. se lo merecen por amargos!

balazsriver10 repped this.
  4. balazsriver10

balazsriver10 Member

May 23, 2013
    Debrecen
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
    What a big game!!! It was like a war!
    Everyone was really good, Iturbe was the one of the best!!! But I don't know Ramon why trusts in Rojas... He isn't a good player, he is slow, Kranevitter is a crack, he gave a big ball Iturbe in the second goal, I think he has to play instead of Rojas. FM9 was also useful.

Vamos River!!!

5. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    hey we won! we will fight for at least anoter week. What more couldyou ask for? I mean a title, but we still have a chance though.

Iturbe was quite good, Lanzini too. They're both so close to really breaking out, unfortunately I think for both of them it will be with a different club.

Lets keep winning though.

6. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Very happy today River played well in parts and Iturbe,Lanzini and the Mellizo did well.
    But Alvarez Balanta is a colossus this pibe has the most potential since Passarella and one or two know my opinion there.
    PUNTEROS DEL CAMPEONATO once again so long even for a day

locoxriver repped this.
  7. LaFuriaNolan

LaFuriaNolan Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Montréal
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Alvarez Balanta is something special...probably the successor to Super Mario for Colombia.

megamac20817 and locoxriver repped this.
  8. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If he continues at this pace, he will be one of the top CB's in the world... no doubt about it.

9. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We must hold on to him at all costs.Hes a real crack.

10. balazsriver10

balazsriver10 Member

May 23, 2013
    Debrecen
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
    Estudiantes - Lanús : 2-0 in the first half:D:p:)

locoxriver repped this.
  11. balazsriver10

balazsriver10 Member

May 23, 2013
    Debrecen
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
    What happened in the Estudiantes match???

12. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well yesterday was a hell of a day. The pibes are really coming up huge. I was skeptical about Iturbe after his awful performance with Argentina in the Sudamericano, but he has been fantastic. Would love to hold on to him for 6 more months

Lanzini is finally settling into his role. 5 goals this season, to go along with 3 in the Inicial. Hopefully he can get a few more before the end

Balanta... What more can we say? He's just so damn good. As crazy as it sounds, he's probably the best defender in Argentina at the moment...

I thought Kranneviter looked good as well. Ponzio has been awful te last two games, I would start Kranneviter against Lanus!

locoxriver repped this.
  13. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    A fan got killed... Una vergüenza más y van...

14. balazsriver10

balazsriver10 Member

May 23, 2013
    Debrecen
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Hungary
    Ahhh... R.I.P....
    And what will be in the future? Will they restart the game or play the last 30 minutes in another time?

15. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You can always see the talent in Iturbe, kid has it but he needed the right push. Glad River has given him a home where he can actually play. Hope he continues to do well and same goes for the rest of your youngsters.

locoxriver repped this.
  16. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Thanks, though it will be difficult for him to stay beyond these next two games... It's interesting how he has built such a good understanding with Lanzini, when they failed with Argentina so badly... Main difference: coaching.

Ramon Diaz knows how to work with pibes... Aimar, Saviola,Cavenaghi, Demichelis just to name a few, now Lanzini, Iturbe, Balanta, Kranneviter, Tomas Martinez...

17. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don't even want to get started when it comes to the Sub levels.

How is Pezzella coming along? Haven't been able to really watch River play more than a couple years this seasons, Tigre and the San Lorenzo game. Recovered from injury?

18. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He played 90 minutes in the reserve match against independiente and did really well. We'll see if he gets any minutes in these last two matches. I'd like to see him get some minutes, but I don't think Ramon will put him in considering we are fighting for the championship.

Here's an interview with him from after the reserva:

http://www.riverplate.com/Noticias/...posible-llegada-de-demichelis-river-2013.html

Personally, I hope he recovers and i'd like to play a back 3 next season with Pezzella, Demichelis, and Balanta. It would be a hell of a back line...

Also, Ramon asked for your boy Tagliafico. i think he'd be a decent signing, though I have to admit I haven't followed him at all since he left banfield, i don't know if he is even playing in the team he signed for over there in spain.

SupaMario repped this.
  19. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Pretty much, he has played the last two weeks for the reserves. His injury could have been a blessing in disguise, he'd probably be pursued pretty heavily if he hadn't and with the thought of losing Alvarez Balanta, he can slide right back and fill that possible void.

SupaMario repped this.
  20. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Don't even joke about that. If we lose Balanta, we seriously will need to burn down DAP's house. The kid has played 8 games in River and they want to sell him... Its insanity. He's the best defensive prospect I've ever seen, and I'm not even trying to over exagerate. He has no weakness in his game.

I want a back line of Pezzella, Demichelis, and Balanta... Unpassable defense.

21. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Good to hear, I really liked what I saw from him a couple years ago in the Sub 20.

As for Nico, he will be a great signing, kid has leadership through and through. One thing that stuck out is that he is mature ahead of his years. I recall when our pibes were teasing and dancing around the players from Egypt, Nico was one of the few players to go around shake the hand of the players and just walk off the pitch instead of acting like a clown.

I have tried to follow him, it seems like he picked up a few cards at his team in Spain. He started in 25 games and came off the bench 3 times. Actually had a high ratio of cards, something like 10 yellows which couple resulted in reds which led to suspensions. So he is/was playing. But I think he is worth the gamble. I would sign him up in a second.

I think there is a rumor going around Liverpool might be interested in him.

22. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    They need money to sign players. The three guys who could return, Demichelis, Aimar, and Saviola are not,going to be cheap. They won't demand ridiculous money, but it has to come from somewhere. If they can put the pieces together to assemble all of those players more power to them but its not exactly easy.

23. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    All three of those guys- If they come- are free transfers. So unless they have a Bottinelli situation and we pay 3 million for a "jugador libre" we won't have to pay transfer fees just the players' salaries. Yes, they will ask for a lot but all players are affordable

What River needs to do before getting rid of good players, is sell the bad ones. Bottinelli, Mercado, Sanchez, Acevedo, and Funes Mori all need to be gone by the start of the next tournament.

24. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well i was just doing some reading and it appears his club, Real Murcia, saved themselves and are still in the 2nd division in Spain. However, the player still belongs to Banfield, who's coach is Almeyda... Who knows nothing about left backs, which is why you-Tigre- have Lucas Orban and we have Carlos Arano

25. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The problem is who will want to buy any of these.Rivers reality is of course that someone like Lanzini will have to be sold to balance the books.
    One of the disadvantages of having arguably the best futbol school in the World is an enormous squad of professionals(40+) which isnt cheap to run and is forever growing.It has its surprising gains in the profits to be gained from the sale of Lizio,Falcao Higuain etc but these take maybe years to come thru.
    I agree it would be a travesty to let the young Colombian go but if someone arrives with 15 million euro for a defender and no other sale materializing Passarella will have to be strong to say no.