River Plate 2012-13 Season: El Regreso del Mas Grande [R]

Discussion in 'River Plate' started by locoxriver, Jun 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    There are/were rumors that Saviola might join an MLS team? Hope not, if does not want to play in Europe any more should come back home to Argentina. I think he has made plenty of money in his career.

2. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Those were dismissed by Seattle's GM. It was pure humo.

Turnes is trying to convince him to return to River in June, when his contract expires (for now) with Malaga. Some say he'll return then, along with Demichelis. This could be humo as well, but at least the chance is there. Unless another team appears in the future, I would say his next season will be in either Spain or Argentina.

3. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I see, well, I think it will be good to have both Micho and Saviola back in Argentina. Saviola isn't even that old, 31? Still will have a couple really good years in him.

4. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm fairly certain Saviola will return to River. I was talking to some guy who has contacts at the club- a lawyer not some random idiot who claims to have contacts (haha like me :D ) and he said its 100% certain that Demichelis will be back, Saviola is probable.

Aslo I think a lot of people don't realize that you don't really make that much money in MLS. Sure, its a paycheck in USD, but its much less than Europe, Dubai, Russia, etc.

The main reason people go there is because they don't care about playing competetive football and they want to live in the US. I just can't ever get into MLS no matter how hard I try. No ascensos/descensos, over half the teams make the playoffs so the regular season is basically useless.. It really makes no sense to me.

Then you look at guys like Guillermo. His career at Boca is over. Goes to MLS and dominates. Comes back to Argentina and goes to the B.

Even Federico Higuain is an idol at Columbus.

I want to like MLS, I'd love to be able to go to live matches every week... But I just can't get into it even though I try

5. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You honestly can not beat the way of life here in the US and mainly if you are in a big city. I won't blame athletes if they come here to live here. Don't get me wrong, I miss home, miss my friends, some cousins, not seeing my mother and father(&Grandparents) on a daily basis but the longer I have stayed here the more I have enjoyed it.

As for the league itself, it will never have the promotion and relegation. To start up a club, it costs something like 40 million American. I do not think the owners will be happy to see their sides go down to a lower division after they paid so much money for it. They have that American system of the playoffs, and if a team gets hot in the last month of the season and barely made the playoffs they could be champions. I have find it funny that some of our songs are being used in the MLS. Seattle has their version of Soy Argentino es un sentimiento(But then again, people stealing our songs is nothing new). I have gone to a couple of Galaxy games, I went just for the love of the sport and get to watch a game in person(since my options are quite limited nowadays. Been to a couple games when the selección came around So California and a handful of UCLA games) and I didn't worry about getting into a fight.

Yes, you are right about more money in countries like Russia,Qatar and other parts of the world. But I would take a bit less(if I was a player and have made my money) to live much more freely and peacefully.

6. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    My dream life/career would be River from 18-22, then Real Madrid or Barcelona until I was 30. Then, I'd return to River for 3 years, then at 33 I'd go to MLS to robar. Maybe at 36 or so I'd go for one last pay check in dubai or something.

But as a DT, I'd only work in a big league. I just wouldn't have the motivation to put in the work in MLS, mainly because there is no passion.
    And BTW, I'd never criticize someone for going to live in the US. Its the best country in the world. Argentina... we have the best people, the best food, etc. but with the corruption its impossible to live a normal life. I mean, I still can't believe how many family get on with life considering what cristina is doing. They wouldn't even let my cousin buy Uruguayan Pesos for her summer vacation! Luckily my family has me and my family and we bring them dollars and electronics, mainly iphones, iPads, etc... but good lord its really getting bad.

But, if you are as rich as someone like Saviola or Aimar or D'Alessandro, it doesn't matter where you live. Even with the govt restrictions in arg, you live like a king.

And as for the money in Arg, don't forget that in Spain they don't exactly live the life anymore if you're not at one of the big 2. I know Ponzio for example, was owed a lot of money by Zaragoza, and thats why he was able to rescind his contract. I'm not certain, but I think Ponzio makes as much at River as he did there (obviously talking about the official rate, not the blue rate)

I think we'll see more and more players staying in ARG, not because we pay well, but due to the financial crisis in spain and italy, the 2 countries where our players go, thanks to have passports from grandparents, etc.

7. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I guess you guys have as well but between spending sufficient time in both countries I don't feel THAT much difference between living in Argentina and the US. I assume its because I'm young but I almost enjoy life in Argentina more than life in the US. And that's without any family, the people are wonderful but they also bitch about damn near everything. "Inseguridad"? Kiss my ass you guys know with US experience that inseguridad is way worse in the US. Both are in a tough financial spot but its better to embrace inflation than brush it under the rug and bring on hyper inflation.

I work more for less money but its easier to feel like the government is looking out for all the people in Argentina than it is in the US. That's just my opinion but to me it's more important to care for everyone than to worry about my personal concerns. It's probably partially because I'm well enough off and have nice things an apple computer a ps3 things like that but I worked hard for those things but I'm not concerned as much with ,y own concerns because there are others less fortunate that deserve more attention than myself

8. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    so theres a game in 25 minutes! I prefer these earlier starting games over the later ones on sunday nights. I like to have time to do other things after the games.

gotta keep up the winning, especially against ********ing San Lorenzo, by far the second most hateable team at least as far as Im concerned.

9. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Tinelli bought this game. WTF was up with Ramon being thrown out? Then, they throw him out for coming out 1 minute late and delay the game another 15 minutes.(mind you tigre came out 10 minutes late and nothing happened to gorosito)

Tinelli is a disgrace. He leaves Clarin and is going to side with the government. panqueque, nefasto, corrupto, hijo de puta.

Either way, this was our worst performance in probably a few decades. in my life of following river, i don't remember a game so pathetic, but delfino's BS set the tone.

Sanchez has contributed literally nothing in 4 games. Needs to go to the bench.

10. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well good thing I missed that game..

11. csang

csang Member

May 28, 2007
    stamford ct
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    we played pretty bad today, no passion. more than just sanchez went missing today.

12. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    that was just silly the whole game.I guess they werent going to win every game, but jesus. Itll all be ok but holy shit thats just pathetically bad. bad all around.

the only slightly funny news is how excited Boca fans are getting even though in all the games since their "savior" of a tecnico came back they havent even played one game where their performance could be described as anything but bad.

locoxriver repped this.
  13. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    we'll still be above them in the table even if they beat the already descended union. thats the only thing that matters. that, and casla is their father and we have the paternity over casla by over 20 games

14. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Hopefully Racing beats Lanus..

Seeing how both teams arrive, Lanus are clearly the favorites. But a Racing win is possible and, if it does occur, would leave us as league leaders regardless of any other result.

15. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Desde el primer minuto Casla fue superior.We were awful.I dont understand if Ramon was correct in saying River was delayed arriving to that dangerous cesspit why he was sent off by Delfino.
    But San Lorenzos midfield blew us away they wanted those points much more.BTW moderator do you want to make this place a forum to discuss the merits of the American neo liberal dream or Cristinas Argentina rather than River Plates current form?

16. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm not a freaking dictator. If there's a healthy conversation going on without any flamming or trolling, I see no reason to delete it. I try to "moderate" only when necessary.

So tell me something about the game.. I missed it. Did anyone play good today?

17. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You know I was surprised that Telemundo was showing the game out here. Maybe they bought some rights to show it. I know GolTv shows Boca/River games for the most part but hopefully they got the rights to it. Game was actually in HD, unlike GolTv.

18. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Whaaat?! I had no idea Telemundo aired the match. Hopefully they show more games in the future.

19. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah, he is a promo to it.

locoxriver repped this.
  20. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Good to see free speech being allowed.Keep it up.For me nobody did well today the attitude appeared wrong from the start.Whatever delayed the teams arrival played into the hands of a committed Ciclon.Now the test of Ramon begins what will he do for next wek?
    As for the us being the best country in the world well lets just say give me BA before LA any day.

21. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Boludo cristina's argentina es un disastre. yo vivo aca. si no tuviera una cuenta de ahorro en dolares alla en usa no podria vivir aca si te digo la verdad. Si, se puede vivir aca, pero la gente comun aca no puede vivir como quieren ni como prefieren. Sufren. Compramos todo en cuotas.. somos el unico pais en el mundo que hace eso.

El dia que mi novia se resiba, nos vamos de aca. Argentina es mi pais, pero con esta mujer no me lo aguanto. Es una vergüenza.

22. la saeta rubia

Aug 1, 2010
    Argentina/España
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I worked in Argentina before the Kirchners when you could have all the dollars in the world if only you had any work.About 25% had.Millions left but now the gente comun have work money and can buy all the goods they want in cuotas as you say just like everywhere else with their credit cards.I worked in the US and in Europe as well and certainly the US is the best country in the world if you are a member of the elite 10 % who have money and can buy luxury goods cheaply.If you arent ???
    Cristina has been ELECTED by the gente comun but like all the right wing lunatics who have supported so many military coups since 1930 that is of no concern to you.If you and your novia dont like Argentina well off you go its a free country unlike when your frieds had power and the only way out was in a helicopter over the sea.

23. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    QEPD Luis Cubilla. May not have won any titles at river due to the 18 year sequia, he was legend at our club and in world football having also played for Peñarol, Nacional, and Barcelona amongst others.

His greatest achievements actually came as Dt of olimpia. A legend. He will be missed

24. RiverGaucho

RiverGaucho Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

The new song that is quite frankly, the best futbol song i've ever heard

Señores yo soy del gallinero a River lo sigo a donde va,
    no importa aunque ganes o pierdas tu gente siempre te a alentar...
    Vamo vamos River Plate ponga huevo y corazón, que esta hinchada se merece ser campeón, en las buenas vamos a estar y en las malas mucho mas esta banda nunca te va a abandonar ♪

25. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Hey we won! Still want to see a lot improve but it can be done. Winning games while figuring it out isn't a bad spot to be in. I still don't know of this is a championship team but they'll be around.

Also why can't they be investigating Gonzalez Pirez or Mercado for tax evasion? Although Bottinellis been just as bad too