Post-match: Rivalry thread

Discussion in 'Italy' started by Cavani7, Apr 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    um what makes you think this ??? you think Napoli is some nobody club with no fans ??? we pack the Stadiums are fans always show support for all are players even the loser ones and when we were in the lower divisions we broke attendence records and we are making news we are not a team like Samp Udine or Palermo we can keep are players.

2. BobanFan

BobanFan Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Hm i'd blame the transfer strategy of the club as a whole as to why we haven't won shit since Pato arrived.

3. Cavani7

Cavani7 Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Napoli
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    Eto'o has actually won something. So yes, he IS better. Pato hasn't won anything.

Pato going to major clubs would have happened if true, but all rumors. If Chelsea or Madrid REALLY wanted him, then a mega offer would arrive which Milan wouldn't resist (i.e. Kaka).

4. Cavani7

Cavani7 Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Napoli
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    You can't use that ratio because there's a variable of different teams and different position being played. When Pato breaks the 20 goal mark in one season, then we can talk. He probably will this year, and Milan FINALLY win the scamdetto.

5. Cavani7

Cavani7 Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Napoli
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    Switching gears, Inter...

What the hell happened to the club that won the treble last year?

6. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Benitez and a coach that cant set up a backline. Also feel that those players are going into the end of their careers

7. GiancarloC

GiancarloC Member

Sep 4, 2010
    LA, California
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Pato played a different position too! HE PLAYED AS A WINGER LAST SEASON AND HE IS NOT A WINGER. :mad: Are you really this difficult in person?

No we will talk now because I know for a fact that Pato is a better player then Cavani. Don't try to dismiss me. You have no right.

8. GiancarloC

GiancarloC Member

Sep 4, 2010
    LA, California
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Yes Eto'o is better... but he's also older and more experienced. Pato is very young. But one thing I know is Pato is better than Cavani. It's a fact.

That second paragraph is nonsense. We've turned down big offers before, and Pato has indeed been wanted by big clubs. We sold Kaka because he had major knee problems and was past his best.

Your logic is just terrible. We're not a selling team. We keep our players. You're a selling team though. Just wait and see.

9. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    You cant really say one is better or worse then the other. Cavani goes back and helps play D unlike Pato. If Napoli had a stronger deffenders and someone in the mid who could actully pass the the ball Cavani would look just as good as Pato.

10. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    At the end of the day, Pato and Cavani are both quality players.:)

11. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    It's certainly not a FACT ... a matter of opinion yes.

12. GiancarloC

GiancarloC Member

Sep 4, 2010
    LA, California
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    But Pato is still the better player... and no Cavani would not look just as good as Pato. That's wishful thinking. WHat do you mean I can't say? Sure I can.

Pato has an outstanding strike rate for a player that suffers from fitness issues... but now is getting pass those issues (just like Messi did).

And I think Cavani is a very good player. But I still rate Pato far higher.

13. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    wishful thinking right if Cavani didnt have to go back all the time to help are D he would have many more goals and assists right now. i personally would rather have Cavani over Pato

14. Cavani7

Cavani7 Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Napoli
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    Yes, I've been hearing we're a selling team for 3 years now. :rolleyes:

So Pato was a winger? So was/is C. Ronaldo, what's your point? Wingers, especially wingers in a trident, score goals.

Cavani 25 goals
    Pato 14 goals

Both are not utilized as strikers.

I'm done with this conversation, Cavani is the better player this year and not many will dispute that. The numbers speak for themselves, moving on.

15. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    i was woundering do you think the Rivalry between Roma and Lazio is going to become more intense with Roma's new owner ?

16. Cavani7

Cavani7 Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Napoli
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    Someone so young shouldn't have such issues. So in that regard, Cavani is the better option.

In the end I don't think they two can be compared head to head because of all these variables.

17. GiancarloC

GiancarloC Member

Sep 4, 2010
    LA, California
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Are on some other planet?

Pato has a .51 goal scoring ratio and has been injured some of this season. Cavani is not the better player. Many will dispute that because you're misrepresenting facts and numbers. So I take you think that Di Natale and Vaio are better strikers then Pato? HAHAHAHAH

Pato doesn't play good as a winger...

You can't be serious...

You're not using the facts. You're just misrepresenting.

18. GiancarloC

GiancarloC Member

Sep 4, 2010
    LA, California
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! OMG!

Messi had major fitness issues when he was younger. You're completely wrong. Many players do because they are growing and developing as players. Pato has bulked up quite a bit... much more muscular then he was before.

Cavani isn't the better option. That's fantasy talk.

You're absolutely hilarious.

19. GiancarloC

GiancarloC Member

Sep 4, 2010
    LA, California
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    How is it wishful thinking when I'm stating the facts?

Pato is the better player. End of story. I don't think we have much else to discuss here. You're comparing a very good player to one who is several steps above that.

20. Cavani7

Cavani7 Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Napoli
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    Di Natale IS a better striker, have you seen his numbers? Di Vaio is also solid, maybe as an out and out striker he's better than Pato.

Di Natale has been on fire since last season you know. And he's OLD.

21. Cavani7

Cavani7 Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Napoli
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    Cavani is the better Striker, it's been proven this year. Pato is more of a support striker, a Rooney type. But if you want goals, then it's Cavani. If you want a little bit of everything offensively, Pato.

22. GiancarloC

GiancarloC Member

Sep 4, 2010
    LA, California
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    NO AND NO. Stop posting fantasy talk.

I remember when Gilardino had crazy goal scoring numbers for Parma... and he did next to nothing for us.

You're just misrepresenting numbers... and you're not paying attention.

23. GiancarloC

GiancarloC Member

Sep 4, 2010
    LA, California
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    No he's not. It hasn't been proven. If anything, Pato has proven he's a better striker. No, Pato has a better goal scoring ratio then Cavani, hence making him a BETTER player. Pato is the better striker and overall player, period.

24. Cavani7

Cavani7 Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Napoli
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    Um ok, so how is Pato better than Di Natale now??? This I have to hear, and I don't want that stupid ratio talk either because it means squat and is too subjective. Even if Pato played every game, it doesn't mean he'll score in every game.

25. GiancarloC

GiancarloC Member

Sep 4, 2010
    LA, California
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Because he's younger, faster, and a more promising talent. And nothing you post means squat either... including the numbers you posted on Cavani. You have shown me absolutely nothing to prove that Cavani is the better player. You're just speaking out of thin air... once again.