Post-match: Rivalry thread

Discussion in 'Italy' started by Cavani7, Apr 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    talking to you guys is like talking to a wall:eek: we are not CavaNapoli we are cavalavezzihamsik and co Napoli:cool:

2. GiancarloC

GiancarloC Member

Sep 4, 2010
    LA, California
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    He is 10-15 top striker in the world, and he's just 21. His record in Italy speaks for itself. He has a lot of work to do in the CL, but his record in Italy is highly impressive (AND MORE IMPRESSIVE THEN CAVANI! PERIOD).

Pato is way better than Cavani. You can't even try to argue with me on this one... you'll lose.

3. GiancarloC

GiancarloC Member

Sep 4, 2010
    LA, California
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Cavani had one good season. where was he with Palermo?

I mean even Gila had a highly impressive strike ratio with Parma... yet he flopped at Milan.

Cavani7 has the weakest logic out there. Pato is one of the most sought after players out there. He'll improve in Europe, but his strike ratio in Italy is phenomenal.

Why don't we compare?

Cavani - 59 goals in 141 appearrances for all teams in the Serie A. That's a .41 goal ratio per game (rounded).

Pato - 49 goals in 97 appearances for all appearances in the Serie A. That's a .51 goal ratio per game (rounded).

What else do you fan boys have to say here? Pato is younger and playing for a top rate team. Pato is THREE YEARS younger then Cavani. Yet he already has a better goal ratio. Maybe you should come back to me later.

By the way Cavani's goal ratio at Palermo was 34 goals in 109 appearances which is terrible. It's about .31...

So what else do you have to say to me here? You're comparing a 24 year old striker to one is 21 years old, and had fitness issues as he was developing... yet still maintaining a goal ratio over .50 despite fitness concerns?

Pato is in another league as far as I'm concerned. Cavani was a nobody at Palermo.

You can try to respond to this, but you're automatically wrong because you're arguing with the facts.

4. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    You do know Cavani has been playing out of position right up until he played for Napoli right ?

Anyways Rubish league = rubish scudetto:)

5. GiancarloC

GiancarloC Member

Sep 4, 2010
    LA, California
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    If Pato is a support striker, and Cavani is a CF... why on earth does Pato have a significantly better strike record? On that notion Pato is certainly the better player...

Cavani improved, but he's 24 years old. Pato is just 21 and can go even further. That's frightening to anyone. Messi had major injury problems when he was 19-20...

Cavani is overrated... he'll have one good season, then trust me, he'll not match his record this season. And Napoli isn't going to keep him... he'll be sold to another team.

6. GiancarloC

GiancarloC Member

Sep 4, 2010
    LA, California
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    You're taking what I said out of context. I was referring to some teams in the lower echelons. But then again that's what you Napoli fans do best... be dishonest and take things out of context.

Do you know Pato was playing out of position last season as a winger when he isn't a winger? You have terrible logic.

7. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    um Gila flopped at Milan when they made him a lone striker he did good when he played with another striker.

Now il give Milan this you guys have a better mid field compared to Napoli and Palermo. Napoli's mid has been improveing but we lack a pirlo type player so dont you think thats why Pato has a better avrg he had an actul midfeild feeding him Cavani doesnt have that same type of support

8. GiancarloC

GiancarloC Member

Sep 4, 2010
    LA, California
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Gila often went missing even as a support striker...

Are you kidding me? Pirlo has been injured forever. Our midfield? OUR MIDFIELD? Pirlo barely had 7-8 appearances this season.

We have players like Gattuso and Van Bommel who do not make great chances. They are midfield destroyers. Our midfield has more muscle, but lacking creativity. Everybody knows that's the one flaw with our midfield. We don't have a proper number 10. And Seedorf has had an inconsistent season at best.

Pato played as a winger last season. He was out of position. He has had fitness issues... yet he still maintains a goal ratio above .50 in the Serie A. That is impressive for a 21 year old. Very impressive. Just wait until he gets 23-24 years old... you'll eat your words badly.

9. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    did i say anything about any specfic season ???????????????????????????????????????? this season you guy got a bounch of leg breakers playing in the mid obv i was talking about previous seasons......................

10. GiancarloC

GiancarloC Member

Sep 4, 2010
    LA, California
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I like those leg breakers. Van Bommel is awesome... and you would have loved him at Napoli I bet. I think he was one of our best transfers. Even better than Boateng or Robinho...

Van Bommel should have scored against Napoli... not once but twice... he even got forward as he overran your midfield and made you guys look silly. Oh and if we win the Scudetto, I will tie a lot of that VB... he is very cool and collected in midfield. Rarely has a bad game. Huge big game player... shows up to every game really.

Pirlo's fitness and injury concerns aren't anything new by the way. They go back several seasons.

11. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    UFFFAAAAA MA SAN GANNA !!!! even when i try saying something positive about your team you still find a way of being a fanatic holy crap.

You know Pato's development may decline it may improve even more or it may just stay the same you dont know the samething could happen to Cavani.

The way i look at it is Pato could be like a sprinter ya sure he is really ahead of other players right now but later he may start to slow down not is set in stone.

12. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    so was Pirlo the only player you guys had you could make a dam pass?????????? you had guys like Kaka Seedorf you guys had great fullbacks either way you slice it your forwards got more support then then Cavani Hamsik and Lavezzi

13. GiancarloC

GiancarloC Member

Sep 4, 2010
    LA, California
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Um no. You're taking it the wrong way.

And trust me, Pato's development will not decline.

Cavani is 3 years older than Pato.

Pato isn't just a sprinter. His finishing has improved in recent times... he's becoming a clinical striker... and whatever man. Brazilian Ronaldo slowed down, but he was still one hell of a finisher... Pato doesn't have to always be fast. All he needs to do is be clinical...

If you're going to sit here and say to me that Pato, a 21 year old, is going to decline and slow down in the next few years... you're quite wrong. Players peak at 26-27.. sometimes later. Pato has quite a few years left and is very young.

And his ratio already is quite frightening.

14. GiancarloC

GiancarloC Member

Sep 4, 2010
    LA, California
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Kaka is gone. He was here one season with Pato and that was it. Not even a full season!! You're trying to sit here and tell me this. Well that's what happens when your team is focused around one player. Our team isn't centered around Pato. In fact last season it was centered around Ronaldinho.

Our fullbacks have often been inadequate. Antonini has dropped in form. We have resorted to playing an old Zambrotta, Jankulovski (until he got injured) and even Oddo.

Abate has only been great this season...

Our LB is the biggest weakness. Thank goodness Zambrotta is back in solid form or else I'd be seriously worried. It's the worst part of our entire team... if it wasn't for him. We had to play Oddo as a LB at one point and he's garbage.

15. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Fair enough.:)

16. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Anything can happen they guy could have a really bad injury who knows. and the sprinter thing was an analogy describing his development i wasn't saying he was a sprinter. man you are making it seem like Cavani is god damm luca Toni right now holy crap.

well it looks like ive over hyped Milan then maybe are league really is just rubbish lets hope some english team buys Pato so we can see if he really is as good as he is or that maybe are league is making him look good :)

17. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Might happen to a fellow by the name of Hamsik.:):)

18. GiancarloC

GiancarloC Member

Sep 4, 2010
    LA, California
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I didn't say Cavani was luca toni. I didn't even say I like fast strikers. I love Inzaghi (goodness if it wasn't for his injuries). Speaking of which Inzaghi should be back... maybe to play against Brescia... maybe even sooner. He's training.

YOu're taking what I say out of context. I think this discussion is over. It's not going to be productive, and I'll just get hit with another infraction lol.

By the way, many teams in Italy play catenaccio. It's actually harder to score (unless you're Palermo on an implosion day). It's easier to score in La Liga against those small teams.

We will just agree to disagree. I need to study for a major exam coming up.

19. Cavani7

Cavani7 Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Napoli
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    What season did the great Pato break the 20 goal mark?

As mentioned, Cavani was playing more so a support striker for Palermo. He's a natural striker, and a good defender too! I don't see Pato going back to play D.

20. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    That's true,Pato's work rate is poor. I think Ronaldinho was a bad influence.

Cavani broke the 20 goal mark once, and now he's the best player in Italy. Give me a break.:):):)

21. Cavani7

Cavani7 Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Napoli
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    The numbers don't lie. I don't hear anything about major clubs wanting to sign Pato. The truth is like us, without Ibra Milan wouldn't be that high in the table. This has been proven with the fact Milan hasn't won shit since they signed Pato.

22. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    So Cavani is better than Eto, because he has more goals? LOL. You Napoli guys are so delusional:)... at least you guys are finally somewhat relevant after 20 years.:D

23. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Wanted by major clubs? You serious Cavani7? What a shit argument..Pato is always linked with moves to Chel$ea and Barca.

Pato won't go anywhere though.:D

24. GiancarloC

GiancarloC Member

Sep 4, 2010
    LA, California
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    What planet are you on?

You don't know anything. Napoli hasn't won anything lately except Serie B promotion.

Pato is wanted by many major clubs, like Chelsea, Real Madrid and Barcelona. So give me a break.

The difference is Cavani WILL leave Napoli soon, and Pato won't be leaving Milan any time soon.

Pato sometimes has fitness issues, yet maintains above a .50 strike ratio. Yes the numbers don't lie. I posted them. Cavani has a .41 strike ratio.

PATO > CAVANI. PERIOD.

25. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    i bet thats what Barca thought about Maradona