Rivalries

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by Toon³, Oct 7, 2005.

1. Jimenez

Jimenez New Member

Sep 18, 2008

2. frasermc

frasermc Take your flunky and dangle

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    maybe not to yourself Gordon but it does offend many. this 'song' along with BJK rose to prominence once 'The Billy Boys' was struck off the register so in that respect your right. with the clubs strong links to Ireland there are many decent fans who do not wish to hear it being sung at a place such as a football ground.

it doesn't make it alright for it to be sung in a stadium by thousands. not a mindless few, but the vast majority that were at Celtic Park for the first Glasgow derby of the new season.

there certainly are idiots on both sides. i've never denied that. still, i chose to join and contribute on this website in the hope that i wouldn't get dragged into these all too frequent tete-a-tetes that invariably take place on other websites regarding clubs of a Glasgow origin. i get enough of it living in Glasgow as well.

however, once i read one of these posts i find i'm the mug who usually responds in kind.

3. Jimenez

Jimenez New Member

Sep 18, 2008

4. frasermc

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland

so what your saying is that Big Jock not only Knew about what was happening during the dark days of Jim Torbett’s perverted actions at Celtic Bhoys Club, but that in some way through his actions he did nothing about it and either covered it up or turned a blind eye to what was happening.

do you know that Celtic Boys club was not part of Celtic Football Club.

do you know that when the rumours started Big Jock was THE ONLY MAN in Scotland who took any action when, irrespective of the lack of evidence, he summarily kicked Torbett out and banned him from Celtic Park.

do you know that many people, from the police to business associates of Torbett and acquaintances, did nothing to investigate or corroborate the rumours.

most importantly do you know that one of these people was most certainly NOT Jock Stein.

-------------

cheers for trying to turn this forum into FF...

-------------

as for cancelling matches, didn't you try that out last season before playing Lyon in the Champions league? you remember that competition? how did cancelling that Gretna game work out for you?

and then you want more games changed and Minty rants on about how no other league in Europe would turn it's back on one of it's own teams. how any other league in Europe would bend over backwards to help it's own teams to even up the playing field.

and yet, didn't Lyon ask for their game to be postponed to give them the same amount of time to prepare against you and didn't the French FA tell them 'non' and make them play their match? how conveniently Minty forgets such things...

5. frasermc

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland

i'll take a beating once in a while. we all have to.

i'm quite happy with winning 6 out of the last 8 leagues and only losing the other two on the last day of the season.

8-in-a-row would have been a whole lot better but 4-in-a-row will be half way there.

6. Jimenez

Jimenez New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Touche.

And I've never went running to another government, EUFA, press or my mothers bussom greeting about a song.

Your lot are cringeworthy. Do you realize that?

I've seen more title wins than losses as a bear. I'll wait for the good times to roll again.

What I refuse to do until then is lose a battle on the terraces and go crying to someone else with my problem.

Grow up.

7. Jimenez

Jimenez New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    I'm not suggesting he knew or turned a blind eye. That's a fact (the evidence is out there) you just need to dig. And yes I've heard that one about it not being officialy linked with Celtic yet BJK literally kicked him out of the club (for no reason obviously).

I don't doubt the big mans genius. he will probably be the greatest manager we'll ever see. But after he booted Torbet out he said and i qoute ' We need to keep the image of the club clean'

Great manager. Flawed person.

You can chase yourself with the cancelled matches. We didn't do so 'causue our better players were out injured or suspended and were on the ropes. You know it but wont admit it. Your captain was in the paper two days after POD tragically passed away talking about how everyone was raring to go. Liewell pulled some strings - result

Not got a clue about Lyon. Do I appear French?

FF? Would that be so bad? I'd love to see a site where Follow followers like me and terrorist minded people like yourself could get together and iron out our differences

8. frasermc

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    no. but you did more than enough moaning last season about a fixture pile up that you brought on yourselves.

you do that. maybe you should consider taking up a few other hobbies while you're waiting for those good times again.

you've got an A+ on rioting in cities after your team gets beat(how grown up is that...) so you'll need to concentrate your efforts on another worthwhile vocation.

9. frasermc

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    me? terrorist minded?

hmm...

seeing as i'm a Scottish protestant that must make you the same then...

10. alexp92

alexp92 Member

Jul 5, 2007
    :eek:

11. Jimenez

Jimenez New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Who did I go running to? My insinuation is that you got a game postponed for advantageos reasons over your greatest rivals and in doing so used a mans death foir that reason. Pass the sick bag Liewell.

I'd ask how he slept at night but I'd imagine someone as sinister and as rich as him slept like a baby. We asked for a postponment as a Scottish club in Europe (it had a detenremental effect to our domestic results)

Ho Ho Ho Hee Hee hee. I can sense the pendulum swinging. A hobby you shot? I have one. It's watching your lot hide, cry and moaning.

12. Jimenez

Jimenez New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    So dark the lie of man.....

If you are I hope you feel comfortable amongst a support who delight in a returning bodybag from Afganistan or Iraq. You probably are.

Anyway amigo. You keep flying those ETA flags you needy freaks.

51 - 42 = Dominance

13. frasermc

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    i've never stated that all my clubs supporters are whiter than white.

i chose to support the team i do for purely footballing reasons. can you say the same?

your post is sanctimonious bovine scatology.

and dropping... rapidly.

14. camerondocherty

camerondocherty New Member

Apr 11, 2007
    nj
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    that cant have been an occupying hobby recently then..

[​IMG]

a whole lot of crying moaning and hiding in that pic eh?

15. Jimenez

Jimenez New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    And congratulations. Coming from an advocate of piousness I'll take that on board. It must be quite rewarding sitting amongst your non-sanctimonios fellow non whiter than white multi-cultural (open to all) but we can't forget ourt roots fans.

Footballing reasons? Football fan? Well I feel obliged to mention I'm a Roman Catholic

All I can see is an angle. And the maths don't add up. Not calling you a liar though of course :rolleyes:

As I said. The pendulum is swinging. Your diseased bulding needs much repair. The bunnet built your stadium on the cheap (for the cheap)

We'll win the league this year. You'll force out your non catholic manager and Timplotion will comence

16. Jimenez

Jimenez New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Where wre you last Sunday? Composing an e-mail to the irish consulate?

17. frasermc

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    nice retort.

so rather than answering my question you'd prefer to call me a liar.

is it so hard to grasp that a Scottish Protestant supports Celtic? surely all good minded Scottish protestants should be supporting the Unionists at Ibrox eh...

it clearly shows your way of thinking that its impossible for you to accept the above fact regarding my religion. i couldn't give a monkeys regarding religion.

and yes, you're correct. we are open to all. always have been. didn't take us over 70 odd years to get to that stage either.

carry on deluding yourself with thoughts regarding the league title. fits right in with, i suspect, your idealistic view of your fans.

Fergus came through with his promises. how's the 'Ibrox village', hotels et al shaping up that i asked you about earlier...

18. Jimenez

Jimenez New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Yes it is hard to grasp. I've been on the receiving end of such uplifting lyrics as 'soon they'll be no protestants at all'

I find it hard to believe that any protestant would entertain it. Not that I don't believe there arent protestants among them. Those who are confused and have no sense on self respect might. If you fall in to that category then poor, poor, pitifull you.

19. frasermc

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    pity? i have no idea why anyone would want to pity me. my life isn't ruled by sectarian bile or religion.

unfortunately, for yourself, it's kind of understandable. after all, if you support a club that pandered to sectarian hatred for the best part of 70yrs then i can see why you'd find the idea of a Scottish protestant supporting Celtic as being unthinkable.

thankfully, my sense and self respect are fully intact.

now, amazing as you may find this, i'll have to toddle off to bed as i have work today. perhaps you could construe that last sentence as meaning i'll be engaging in some sort of terrorist activity as i'm obviously, in your warped mind, an Irish Catholic no job terror suspect who is only hear to wreak havoc on the land...

'night.

20. Gordon EF

Gordon EF Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Edinburgh
    True but a lot of folk are being offended for the sake of it.

I appreaceiate that. It is better when stuuf like this isn't made a big deal of. The only mug tonight is this new guy.

21. Jimenez

Jimenez New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    You brought up your religion. Weird if it isn't an issue huh? Go Figure

Do you gobble everything Spiers says and regurgitate it on here? :D What sectarian policy is it you speak of? ah right we didn't employ catholics (wrong)

Glasgow catholic had 1st dibs on any player of that religion worth a look at. It's all part and parcel of their sectarian schooling.

Good night and god bless. Keep on shooting at the Brits in your sleep. every lucid dead brit is as good as a dead Brit.

22. alexp92

alexp92 Member

Jul 5, 2007
    at least the rivalries thread is active again...

23. camerondocherty

camerondocherty New Member

Apr 11, 2007
    nj
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    eh? last sunday i was watching celtic outclass motherwell..but i also heard about rangers squeaking past kilmarnock..yep youre lots looking championship material this year.

hopefully an overload of fixtures from the european run wont affect youre chances for the league..wait, what do you mean the mighty glasgow rangers arent in europe??

24. frasermc

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    i brought up my religious denomination only to prove that it means naff all regarding the club i choose to support and why i support it. from reading back at the previous entries it seems to be yourself that is knee deep in it. hardly surprising though.

janitors and tea ladies don't count.

"Jock, if there were two players, one Catholic and one Protestant. Who would you sign?"
    "The Protestant"
    "Why?"
    "Because I know that Rangers would never sign the Catholic"

Jock seems to sum it up pretty well. ;)

no idea why this has been typed. my father was in the army as a tank driver for the best part of 10yrs. he's a member of the Cameronians Scottish rifles club. so to type that to me just shows the kind of warped mind i've already mentioned.

25. st mirren till i die

Jul 14, 2007
    Glasgow
    Club:
    Saint Mirren FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    what is it about hunnery that makes people so thick?