Rise back to the top: Corinthians thread [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil: Clubs and Competitions' started by Robdog, May 31, 2008.

1. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
  2. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    O Fenômeno came through!

[​IMG]

3. mak9

mak9 Member

May 21, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    good game by r9......there will more of it to come

whats the deal with Douglas? they need a good #10 to send good passes to r9 if they want goals

4. THOMA GOL

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah the GOLtv announcers were blasting his efforts in that second half especially. It was a derby match and he was acting mentally weak it seemed.

5. fordfjord

fordfjord Member

Mar 4, 2004
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Huck (do Calderão do Huck) just spent 20+ minutes interviewing and recapping Ronaldo's return to Brasil. (I don't normally watch this show, but I got a hint of it from an article posted on globoesporte.com, so I tuned in to catch this one.) The look on that young boy's face when he was introduced to a live "statue" of O Fenomino... Funny!

I was reading elsewhere (?) that R9 has played in 3 games for a total of 83 minutes - not even enough for one full game. Now, considering he's got 2 goals under his belt in that time, I worry that he won't be able to keep up that sort of record. On the other hand, if he does keep it up, there will be no stopping our boys... :D

6. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Jorge Henrique and Ronaldo starting to jell, but I rather see Lulinha in his place. I have been happy w/ the progress of André Santos. Now we just need for Dentinho, Chicao, & Douglas to pick it up. If O Timão can qualify for the Libertadores, then I will be estatic :D

7. fordfjord

fordfjord Member

Mar 4, 2004
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do we need a new thread or thread title now, now that our boys are back? :confused:

Anyway, just got finished watching watching the Corinthians x Santos game from today, and am still disappointed in R9's performance-slash-fitness. Seriously, the guy's had time to pick up his game and he ain't doing it. To be fair, Santos played well, but still, I expected more from him.

Crap.

Did I just say that about fat and slow Ronaldo?

8. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    O Timão is not back on the top yet. I mean Best Team In The World!!! I want to see how Ronaldo pairs up w/ Lulinha. BTW awesome cross from Douglas & perfect finish by Dentinho vs the big fish :p

9. reelmaad

reelmaad New Member

Oct 22, 2004
    The man has been back 4 games [more like 2.5] and hadn't play in over a year before that. His movements in this game has been his best so far, the problem was is shooting, but like the man said he can't score in every game.

10. mak9

mak9 Member

May 21, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    2 goals now to add to the talley

man he should be playing in europe right now

11. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Add another one:

CORINTHIANS 3 x 0 ITUANO
    Gols
    Corinthians: Jorge Henrique, aos 2min, Ronaldo, aos 27min, e Cristian, aos 41min do 2º tempo

Now onto the Semis to face Sao Paulo, Palmieras...The final spot is still up for grabs. Portuguesa looks as the favorite to win that spot though.

12. Arthur V

Arthur V Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Brasilia, BRASIL
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I wanna see Ronaldo score a goal against SÃO PAULO. ahuahaa

13. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Be careful what you wish for. Sao Paulo could be looking dumb like Palmeiras:eek:

14. Ulquiorra

Ulquiorra New Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Corinthians DO get to play with Sao Paulo in Paulista semi-finals, the first game next weekend, Corinthians being the home team.

On the other leg, Palmeiras clashes with Santos, Santos getting the first match at home. Palmeiras has the advantage on both the semi and the finals, while Sao Paulo has the advantage, but only with Corinthians.

15. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Re: Cristian!!!! [R]

O Timão, Timão!!!!!

Gol Cristian!!!!

16. THOMA GOL

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That goal from Christian was freakin BOSS!!!! que golaso!!! How about that celebration? Giving the away supporters the double middle finger LOL I thought he was going to get a red for that though.

17. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Yeah Man, I have been watching that gol over & over & over again:D

18. THOMA GOL

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was cool because he showed the will to win the ball in defense and go for the goal.

19. Sharles

Sharles New Member

Feb 6, 2006
    ''my own world''
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    São Paulo - Corinthians 0-2

Ronaldo scored the second goal and was involved in the first one.

[ame="http://video.globo.com/Videos/Player/Esportes/0,,GIM1007632-7824-GOL+DO+CORINTHIANS+RONALDO+TOCA+NA+SAIDA+DE+BOSCO+E+AMPLIA+AOS+DO+TEMPO,00.html"]Globo Vídeos - VIDEO - Gol do Corinthians! Ronaldo toca na saída de Bosco e amplia, aos 12 do 2º tempo@@AMEPARAM@@midiaId=1007632&autoStart@@AMEPARAM@@1007632[/ame]

20. THOMA GOL

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pardon the grudge, but after his exploits in J-League, this can happen to no one better than Washington. As a fan of the sport, that was a despicable display from São Paulo and props for Corinthians for not letting down their pressure. Keep on goin', Coringao!!!!

21. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    [​IMG]
    Ha, ha, ha....you asked for it & you got it... You witness the greatness of O Timão

22. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Queimou a lingua legal hein Arthur.

23. fordfjord

fordfjord Member

Mar 4, 2004
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unfortunately, Robdog beat me to it. Stupid hard-drive crashes...

Seriously, I am reliving these moments both virtually and figuratively, and either way, I have tears in my eyes from "os lembrances".

Salveu Corinthians, O Campeao dos Campeoes...

Edit: I do laud the SPFC supporters, for giving a noble send-off as they lost this past Sunday. My respect, if nothing else, to you, noble torcedores, for never surrendering. I am impressed...

24. FredGavioes

FredGavioes Member

Nov 30, 2004
    Boston/MA
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    eh a rua maneh.

Vai corinthians pra cima dos lambari.

25. Robdog

Robdog Member+