Rhinos attendance prediction 2012

Discussion in 'Rochester Rhinos' started by vettefredje redded, Feb 8, 2012.

1. 10shirt10

10shirt10 New Member

Dec 6, 2010
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    I would have guess the attendance at 3000-4000. Used to be if there was 8000 there would be sections around the stadium @60% full AND a good number in the upper deck.

Sat behind the supporters group for the first half. Good bunch of guys/gals. If you ever reach 30-40 peeps you will be a force. Keep it up/Keep it classy/Keep it loud.

2. soccerFrank

soccerFrank Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    I too would like to see 7k in the stadium. Some of the other USL Pro teams are getting 3-4k, I often wonder if that is "real" attendance as well.
    Your guess is very accurate 10shirt10. I put it at 3.5k slightly less then opening game. From the pix I've taken and sorted out comparing them to my pix at the big WPS game after World Cup (a real 15k ...when ABBY didn't play but was in attendance) and the WPS Championship game at a real 10k plus, its clear your guess is very similar to mine.
    Whatever the case, I want to Rhinos to do well in all aspects. I just feel embarrassed toting around this league leading attendance when its clear its far,far from it.

3. wtimkey2016

wtimkey2016 Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    official attendance from the USOC match........ 3,631 hahaha, who are you fooling rhinos. I mean, i only was able to watch the live stream (which was quite good again) and it looked like the near side where the camera was was quite full, but everywhwere else was empty.

4. wtimkey2016

wtimkey2016 Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    when I looked at a video of vancouver@ rochester from 2010 the attendance was 7,400 something, then when I look at the home opener, I dont think the difference was that much, maybe 1 or 2k

5. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For the kabillionth time...you're using an online video feed...which is an incomplete view of the number of people actually in seats...to gauge the veracity of a number...that isn't intended to reflect the number of people actually in seats. And you don't see a problem with that?

6. wtimkey2016

wtimkey2016 Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    woah buddy, you don't seem very nice in this forum. Kabillionth time, I don't remember the second time. And the camera during live streams doesn't focus on just one seat, you can usually see about 1/2 to 2/3 of the stadium. And the ratio of attendance in one section to another dosen't vary very much. It's not like I've never been to rhinos games before, I've been to them in 2006 when there were 10,000 in the stadium and I go to them now. Stop getting so worked up when you don't agree with someone or don't like what they said.

soccersubjectively repped this.
  7. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry, mate. It's just that over the years, the "looked like more on TV/internet" meme has been beaten to death. Between that and perception bias, no, humans can't discern with any degree of certainty how many people are in a given stadium by watching on TV or an online feed that can't show 2/3 of the stadium because it can't show the side the (usually) one camera is on. And whatever people think they see, the number they're trying to match it to isn't intended to reflect actual numbers of people either.

8. soccerFrank

soccerFrank Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    That game wasn't really intended to draw a crowd ....I even sat in section 108 this game , as my usual seats are directly across the pitch just to change things up. And yes, Wtimkey2016 is correct, there really wasn't much of a crowd, but no one really expected it anyways. The 3,600 they announced would have been the highest actual "real attendees" thus far this season for their 3 matches.
    The local baseball team down the street puts the actual live attendance for each game. If they get 900 or 1500 or 12k fans , thats what they put in print. Unfortunately, until games start really drawing 7-9k "for real" , they'll just keep going with the number of tix distrubuted for now , it just looks better for people who aren't at the game.