Revs Offseason News, 2012 (Part 1)

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by patfan1, Oct 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Chris Tierny is truly a legend.

2. BrianLBI

BrianLBI BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 7, 2002
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree, but hoping for a "few" would be way out of character for the FO, unless you're including Hunter Freeman in that. I'd say signing two non-MLS defender would be exceeding my expectations, but one non-MLS CB signing plus Freeman is probably where they'll land, for better or worse. I hope I'm wrong.

3. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Ok, as critical as I am of this franchise, I'm not going to be so pessimistic to say that it's hard to imagine that they couldn't get things done. Sure, they need to show us that they can, but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt that they can. If they don't, then I'll likely be first in line to criticize them. For now, I'll go under the assumption that they are doing all due diligence necessary to compete.

4. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well it is that time of year when everyone hopes for the best for their teams.

Reality comes in around March when you realize what you're walking into the season with.

So for now ... I'm hoping the best.

5. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Exactly.

6. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    I've heard and read about this discussion regarding all the major sports and it seems like the consensus is that CT is mostly NE sports country up to about the Conn. River/I91, then the blend becomes more and more NY-oriented as you head west.

As for soccer tradition, there's certainly some in NE (mainly in the Portuguese communities), but not nearly as much as NYC and northern Jersey. If you were looking for an MLS team to support at their current locations, from Fairfield County the Bulls are about 1.5 hours away, the Revs 2.5-3.

Kraft Out repped this.
  7. CottageRev

CottageRev Member+

Jun 13, 2010
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    So I ask this every year, but when does the transfer window open? I remember reading that even if the Revs agree to terms with Goncalves, they can't officially sign him until the transfer window is open.

8. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    That only applies to transfers and loans. Out of contract players can essentially sign at any time. Last year the window opened on Jan 21st.

9. sputnikorbust

sputnikorbust Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Somerville
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    right. which is why Cisse (out of contract) has signed already but Goncalves (still under contract) has not (assuming the Revs are indeed "close to signing" him)

10. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Correct ... they haven't officially (at least as far as I can tell) set up this year's... but these were last year's windows:

11. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States