Pre-match: Revs @ LA, 3/31

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by patfan1, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Minutemanii

Minutemanii Member+

Dec 29, 2005
    Abington MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm glad you said that about the sound. I thought there was something wrong with my brand new 60" Sony Brava or the cable feed! ;)

2. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    I think it's just because you follow American sports and live here that you notice it more. Man United have thrived under that sort of motto for the better part of 2 decades. Barcelona is essentially like that too. They all flew to London to convince Cesc to join their "family" and their training sessions and camaraderie are envied across Europe.

I think it is a common element in all successful teams. I think there was an element of it early on in Nicol's tenure, too. His Liverpool sides of the 80's were certainly like that as well (Dalglish, Rush, Neal, Hansen etc...).

3. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    oh, you bought a brava? I'm sorry.

:) jk

4. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The TV won't work anytime there's less than one Hispanic player playing for the Revs. :D

5. Achowat

Achowat Member+

Mar 21, 2011
    Revere, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you saying that the Revs are "mas que un club"?

6. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    more like menos de un club :D

7. Achowat

Achowat Member+

Mar 21, 2011
    Revere, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I ever started a soccer team, at any level, our motto would be "Exactemente un club: no mas, no menos".

8. Minutemanii

Minutemanii Member+

Dec 29, 2005
    Abington MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I told you I'm dating Sandra Bullock, I'm sure you'd say.... "She has a Carl Malden nose!" Ha ha ha haaaaa!

9. cml1394

cml1394 Member

Apr 5, 2010
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ya, wrong choice of words, should have just said someone with technical ability in general.

10. cml1394

cml1394 Member

Apr 5, 2010
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Like everyone else I agree and like it too, extra close teammates can only be good for team chemistry unless a bunch get traded/released, and I doubt will happen this year at least.

11. Revolution909

Revolution909 Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Rumford, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Awesome. I just don't like Brad's voice. Or CSNE. It's great that every Revs game is broadcasted, but the quality is so sub par. Nothing wrong with trying to rope in the pink hats or treating the MLS like a league NBC, keep it coming!

That's interesting, because what I was mainly referring to were dumpy teams, who seem to load up on mercenaries, and accept defeat. Like teams in lower tier England. Teams seem to give up so easily.

This doesn't quite have the same ring to it. ;)

12. Urthona

Urthona Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Franklin, MA USA
    I just want to say I like Brad Feldman. Here's why: He talks about the game actually being played on the field.

As opposed to when I watch a US National Team game on ESPN, and it is 90 minute trivial pursuit game about player history, and every once in a while they're forced to look up from their crib sheets because someone gets fouled or the ball goes in the net. I freakin' hate that.

Brad's new color guy Jeff Causey is horrible. Heaps wasn't very good either (but better than Jeff). I miss Greg Lalas.

The LA win was the most stunning game in a long time. I sat down to watch that game, absolutely figuring we'd lose, and maybe badly. So awesome, each goal!

13. Urthona

Urthona Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Franklin, MA USA
    BTW - Where do you go to complain about the Revolution Audio podcast? I would love to listen to a podcast that focuses on the Revs, but when you listen to it, you get the feeling these guys think the show is about themselves, not the Revs. They often are 5 to 6 minutes into the show before they even start talking about the Revs, and take mindless tangents that leaves actual Rev talk around 40% of the show. And they don't even talk about the rest of the MLS?! SO FRUSTRATING!

14. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    I'm not sure about that at all. Actually, I would say that is the complete oppositie. Here in America there is no threat of relegation in the bottom tier. You often see bottom dwellers (2011 Revs) give up at the end of seasons. There are teams that are just not good enough, but for the most part they battle until they are officially relegated. I think your perception is based mainly on the fact that you live here and are immersed in the sporting culture here so you get more of the emotional stories.

15. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Ew she is old and annoying.

16. Minutemanii

Minutemanii Member+

Dec 29, 2005
    Abington MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ha ha. Good one. But I guess it's a matter of perspective. I'm 52.... so she does not look old to me. Yes, her face is beginning to age, but I'm sure if she walked by you in a bikini, showing you her lovely thighs, you would look. ;)

17. Revolution909

Revolution909 Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Rumford, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I assume you are talking about 'The Far Post'. Yes, its awful. They sit around like a bunch of elementary school children with access to sound boards making stupid jokes. I hated it when I first started working on it, but it kind of grew on me. I think they have to make stupid jokes to fill time because they can't say much as they are employed by the Revs.

You need to listen to the Midnight Ride. That's the good one. Actual analysis, criticism, and commentary on the organization & players.

18. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    perv ;)

but I guess that is why you thought the Brava looked good as well. OOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

19. Revolution909

Revolution909 Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Rumford, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, I was thinking that too. Without constant access to teams all I can see is what I read & games I watch.

20. Minutemanii

Minutemanii Member+

Dec 29, 2005
    Abington MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, I think I had it wrong, it's a "Bravia", but that's neither hear nor there. :p

21. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

22. Revolution909

Revolution909 Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Rumford, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, not at all... they could be carried.

23. BUSA Bulldog

BUSA Bulldog Member

Jan 19, 2007
    NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    European or South American?

24. Achowat

Achowat Member+

Mar 21, 2011