Revs' F.O.: Changes in the Fort

Discussion in 'New England Supporters Clubs' started by Weber King, Jan 30, 2009.

1. Weber King

Weber King Member

Sep 28, 2001
    North Andover, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Received this email this morning from Cathal (I received a phone call from the Revs yesterday regarding this as well):

Dear Fans,

One of the major goals for the New England Revolution in 2009 and beyond, is to develop a vibrant, expansive supporters section behind the goal. The supporters who currently inhabit Section 142 and 143, The Fort, game after game, have set the tone for how we would like our supporters area to be; Standing room only, with constant singing, chanting and vocal support of our team. It is up to us to support those efforts and try to carry the atmosphere from the Fort to the entire area behind the goal.

There is no more important component in a supporter’s section than you, the fans. Going in to the 2009 season, we are going to make it our top priority to emphasize that The Fort is a standing room only, supporter’s section, and only those fans who wish to take their cues from the Fort, and support the team in this manner, will be directed to stand there. All non-season ticket holder General Admission tickets, (youth soccer, families, flex etc.) will be seated in the South end zone, and only those fans who explicity express a desire to stand in the Fort will be placed there.

Section 141, will be assigned seating. Our plan is to design ticket sales and marketing campaigns to drive fans that wish to be part of the Supporter’s Section to this area, and enhance the experience for everyone and hopefully the atmosphere inside the stadium. Any season ticket holders who do not wish to be part of the expanded Fort, will be relocated to an assigned Category 3 seat of their choosing in Sections 101-103.

We will be calling all our General Admission Season Ticket Holders over the next couple of days to explain this process to you and answer any questions you may have about the process. You may also call us directly if you wish at 1-877-GET REVS and selecting the Season Ticket Holder option.

I look forward to speaking to you soon, and with your support, I look forward to this season being the start of a new era for The Fort and the supporters of the New England Revolution.

Kindest regards and Go Revs,

Cathal Conlon

2. thecastigador

thecastigador Member

Oct 31, 2006
    Boston (JP)
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Ann

Ann Member

Feb 17, 1999
    MA
    I am actually giddy this morning. They are really putting in a major effort to make the game day experience more enjoyable for all fans. I cannot wait until the season starts!

4. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Aiiieee...

Oh well, never mind. They did put the email out and I take no responsibility for this.

5. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One of their big requests btw is that we really expand the Fort to include the bottom of 142. This is important to them, so instead of building up in 143, we can build across. I would think that would be better for keeping track of where we are in songs, but we’ll see.

6. JumboRev

JumboRev Member

Jan 16, 2003
    Toronto
    so forgive me for being dense but will non season ticket holders still be able to buy single-game seats in the Fort? No offense but there's no place in the stadium I'd rather watch a Revs game from.

7. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like what I am reading...now let's see it happen.

8. techcat

techcat New Member

May 30, 2007
    Southeastern MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hopefully this also means the FO will endeavor to work with us regarding TIFO displays and convince security:
    1.) that the Riders are NOT responsible for the entire Fort and
    2.) to stop mistreating people like they have in the past.

9. Weber King

Weber King Member

Sep 28, 2001
    North Andover, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When they told me they want us to spread the word, then this became free game. None of this is on you.

10. TheStatsGuy

TheStatsGuy Member

Jul 8, 2007
    Somewhere, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So what's with the assigned seats. Do I now have to call my rep and see whats left for seats. I liked the idea of just walking in and sitting wherever I damned please. Usually in rows 5-7. I know the media whores will like that, I don't want your front row seats! ;)

11. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe you should read it again cause the Fort isn't assigned seating. Section 141 is going to be assigned seating.

12. Ann

Ann Member

Feb 17, 1999
    MA
    Assigned seats are for section 141 only. 142 and 143 will remain GA I believe.

13. KATref

KATref Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Stow, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It doesn't say you can't get tickets in the Fort if you aren't a STH, it just says that if you don't want to stand and join in you will be put in a different section.

14. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea that's what I got from it. Sounds like there's four categories. Cat 1, Cat 2, Cat 3, and The Fort.

15. JumboRev

JumboRev Member

Jan 16, 2003
    Toronto
    cool, just wondering as I normally get tickets via ticketmaster.com...

16. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Basically tickets for 142 and 143 will not be available through TicketMaster. If someone wants tickets in the Supporters Section, they must call the Revs ticket office directly. When on that call, they’ll be told about the sections, and will be told that if they have kids, it would probably be wiser not to be in these sections. So people will still be able to buy, but they’ll actually get a “warning” when trying to do so.

17. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why in hell's name would you do that?

Ask someone to help you out, it'll be cheaper.

18. KATref

KATref Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Stow, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn straight! Any time you need one we can get you one, without the extra charges and at a discount.

19. thecastigador

thecastigador Member

Oct 31, 2006
    Boston (JP)
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed.

I didn't have season tickets last year, but I would just have one of my friends who did get me an extra. It was cheaper and easier.

20. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So no one mentioned that Fort tickets are now $200.

21. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Agreed: I like what I hear, and there's some real potential here. That being said, one of the key components to making this work is getting TeamOps on board at the get-go, because if they're not clear and fully briefed on this new initiative there could be some headaches early on.

22. Nick Katz

Nick Katz New Member

Nov 22, 1999
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    It seems like the idea is expose the morque to the Fort bit by bit. Me like... :cool:

23. Alan

Alan Titanium Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Massachusetts
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]
    TeamOps welcomes customers to new
    vibrant, expansive supporters section

24. wolfp10

wolfp10 Member

Sep 25, 2005
    Haven't gotten the call yet (maybe they are calling people based on distance from Gillette Stadium:p) but I really like what I hear about this. This is definitely a step in the right direction in terms of fan support for the Revs.

25. ngower

ngower foolish grin

May 24, 2006
    Nashua, NH
    Just curious, my sister bought me the holiday 4-pack in GA seating for Christmas, do I have to specify that I want the Fort when I talk to them?