Revs @ DCU 4/5 7:00pm ET [R]

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by The Magpie, Mar 31, 2014.

1. bwidell

bwidell Member+

Apr 19, 2005
    Manchester, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Doesn't help us, but...
    454289362826829824 is not a valid tweet id

2. a517dogg

a517dogg Member+

Oct 30, 2005
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    New England Revolution
  3. A Casual Fan

A Casual Fan Member+

Mar 22, 2000
    Makes one wonder is there is any sort of "fee schedule" -- i.e., what the set penalty is for an offense. Or is it all made up as they go along, no attempt at consistency or balance?

4. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    Sure, but that's exactly the point: that it was speculating about what he might think.

There's an awful lot of projection going on here. People dissatisfied with the team are way too ready to assume the players are discontented also. Shalrie Joseph's grumbles (when he clearly needed to deal with his rather sudden physical decline) are given great weight, while Kheli Dube's comments, where he has only great things to say about the club/team/fans, are ignored.

It's an unfortunate aspect of sports (the business end of it) that most pro players ultimately end their association with their teams with bruised feelings. It happens all over.

5. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sure, it's like the kid who gets in trouble with his parents and tries to point out that they only notice the times when he screws up. What about all those times when I did my homework and didn't mouth off, huh? You don't remember those, do you?

The bottom line is that players who have any choice at all in where they play rarely choose New England, including a local guy who had every reason in the world to come back to his hometown team, but chose not to. You have to wonder why that is.

6. metoo

metoo Member+

Jun 17, 2002
    Massachusetts
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Any word on the Davies card for diving?

7. huskydeac

huskydeac Member+

Mar 31, 2009
    Does MLS ever reverse yellow card decisions? I think only red card suspensions.

8. bwidell

bwidell Member+

Apr 19, 2005
    Manchester, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Only in cases of mistaken identity, I believe. There's a chance they could have waived the automatic fine that comes with a caution for diving, but they probably wouldn't put out a press release just for that.