Revs and WEEI this week

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by patfan1, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Chowda

Chowda Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    That goal got a lot of people talking, especially on WEEI. Even Big O was talking about the goal. That led to Fred Smerlas asking what a normal goal looked like, but he's a former NFL lineman. I expect no less.

Hey, baby steps.

Dale & Holly went into the big reason for why they don't break down Revs games when they answered a caller's question as to why they don't talk about the Bruins: a lot of their listeners don't consider it "compelling radio" and would turn the station. The hosts must get sick of every third caller saying the same thing about the Pats running up the score, but that's what gets the New England sports community excited and keeps them tuned in. Most people don't listen to all four hours of a given show and want hear the hot item of the day during the 20 minutes they do listen to WEEI.

2. jrkumor

jrkumor New Member

Jun 16, 2005
    H2O-Town, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That video is pretty funny. Matt and Pat are drinking Bud Light :( and there is this past week's episode of "South Park" on in the background :). Herion Hero...

The faces Pat makes at the camera are pretty priceless.

I was also listening to WEEI, and the Whiner Line had a couple Rev calls

1) Caller said the Revs better win this year so they aren't the Buffalo Bills of MLS
    2) The other said that if one of the radio guys attempted that bicycle kick they would have left a dent in the ground big enough for a pool.

3. Doublecard

Doublecard Guest

What else is priceless?? Riley's dance. And Reis's... er, attempt to dance. :eek: :D I'd like to Nichol try to bust some moves like that.

4. SamAdams

SamAdams New Member

Oct 24, 2006
    Also, around 2:05 in the video you can see Pat Noonan licking the microphone.

I almost caught the dragon! Stan, as your father, I demand you put it back on! PUT IT BACK ON!

5. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    C'mon ... as a Revs fan ... Nicol! :p

6. ngower

ngower foolish grin

May 24, 2006
    Nashua, NH
    I don't know what you're talking about, I thoroughly enjoyed Chalrie Joseph's dancing, Steve Nichol, Adam Christman and Tyler Twellman should have hopped in.

7. ProfZodiac

ProfZodiac Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Globe's slideshow spells Nicol's name wrong twice, in two completely different ways, in the same caption.

It's almost a shame I didn't work tonight, cause I'd have been over there like *that* demanding it be corrected. He's longer-tenured than Francona, and his name's five letters long. Can we honestly not spell it right?

8. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That's nothing...My sister called him Steve McNichols!:p

Hey, at least she got the first name right!!

:D

9. Beez

Beez Member

Dec 20, 1999
    That's pretty weak. What's almost more frightening is how often I've seen "Nichol" on this board over the past six seasons. It's like a mental block for some people.

10. ngower

ngower foolish grin

May 24, 2006
    Nashua, NH
    Though it's not WEEI news, it's related I'm sure.

Last night at work a few people talked to me about Twellman's goal:eek: They were like "Were you at the game?" or "Ya it was a great goal, I never watch blah blah" but I was shocked that someone mentioned a player as opposed to the team as a whole.

11. Doublecard

Doublecard Guest

...:eek:...

I think I have to edit my past hundred eighty two posts...

12. hhaire

hhaire New Member

Aug 28, 2005
    Mckinney,Tx
    HAHA I was in Denver for the FCD game. I was in a WalMart
    and I had my hoops on these kids came up to me asking if I played for the team. All in all it was super funny.

13. Doublecard

Doublecard Guest

How long does it take for WEEI to update their archive? I wanna here those interviews...