Revs 2014 Roster Thread

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by patfan1, Jan 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZZZenga

ZZZenga Member

Aug 10, 2006
    CT
    Long-term, sure, but you can't argue that there isn't a short term benefit for the Rhinos this season to have quality loans from the Revs to try to help them win the league.

Loans help balance long-term player development with immediate needs. Otherwise, why should Everton be giving Lukaku minutes all season. After all, his long term development only benefits a league rival. Instead he's filled a need and helped Everton to where they are with an outside chance at a champions league spot.

patfan1 repped this.
  2. metoo

metoo Member+

Jun 17, 2002
    Massachusetts
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    And the sky is blue, but from where did you get this notion that the Rhinos might not want loaned players, because they are "likely worried" that Revolution players might take time away from their players. As in, how can you explain them signing up to have to roster 4 loaned players all season, if this was a likely concern for them?

Where did you get this information that you're so adamant about, that it says in the MLS-USL agreement the 4 player thing was flexible? As has been quoted from the Revolution site a few times already: "As the Revolution’s official affiliate, Rochester will retain a minimum of four Revolution players for development for the entire USL PRO regular season." [my bolding] So were the Revs lying when they said that, or did the statement just indicate that, unlike you, the Revs just not understand that the agreement they signed is meant to be flexible, and there is no 4 player minimum?

3. BrianLBI

BrianLBI BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 7, 2002
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think you have to allow the possibility that there are shades of grey here. Last time I looked, press releases are what are posted on web sites, not contractual details. Even allowing that it is the actual agreement, is Burns calling up his Rochester counterpart and saying (for example), "Tierney has a knock, we'd like to hold on to Smith until he's better, ok?" really so hard to believe?

rkupp and bwidell repped this.
  4. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OK, so now that Smith is the fourth Rhino, this horse is officially so dead that his hooves have been shipped off to the glue factory, the rest of him has been ground up into Alpo, pumped full of chemicals and preservatives, packed into a can, shipped to the supermarket, thrown into a cart, paid for, brought home, fed to the dog and shat out on the neighbor's lawn.

I think we're done.

patfan1 repped this.
  5. a517dogg

a517dogg Member+

Oct 30, 2005
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    So you're saying, he's run down the curtain and joined the bleeding choir invisible, this is an ex-horse?

NFLPatriot repped this.
  6. BrianLBI

BrianLBI BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 7, 2002
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At the risk of reigniting this thread, the Revs article describes Smith as expected to remain in Rochester on a short-term loan.

7. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    If the Rhinos are concerned about the Revs living up to the agreement, maybe they'll confiscate his passport. ;)

8. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. ZZZenga

ZZZenga Member

Aug 10, 2006
    CT
    Well of course, with Shalrie coming in we need to regain an empty roster spot.

RevsLiverpool repped this.
  10. VTSoccerFan

VTSoccerFan Member+

New England Revolution, Vermont Catamounts, NCFC
    United States
    Jun 28, 2002
    Cary, NC
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting. I wonder if he has any trade value inside of MLS?

11. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. huskydeac

huskydeac Member+

Mar 31, 2009
    Heaps must be devastated. What will he do without Sene to throw out on the wing every match? Where will the offense come from?? Oh, Sene hasn't done anything this season? Carry on...

A little worrying that it was for personal reasons though. Hopefully it's not health related.

13. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tierney on the wing?

14. Soccer Doc

Soccer Doc Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Keene, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Teal on the wing and mega signing of a Forward (to be announced shortly) up top where Tal had been playing :p

15. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Forget the "fool me once" ... you've been fooled about 500 times, but you keep believing. Then again, someone has to.

16. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That would make a lot more sense to see him on the wing where he belongs. Davies or Bengtson up top?

17. Jon Martin

Jon Martin Member+

Apr 25, 2000
    SE Mass
    I'm starting to think that Bengtson looks better as a Fagundez-style wing player as well. I don't think the team has a single true forward.

VTSoccerFan repped this.
  18. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Imbongo is - although he's limited.

19. Jon Martin

Jon Martin Member+

Apr 25, 2000
    SE Mass
    point taken.

20. Soccer Doc

Soccer Doc Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Keene, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The phantom signing we've been promised?

21. Soccer Doc

Soccer Doc Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Keene, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know you see things differently but always seeing possibilities has served me well through many very dark episodes in my life.

There is an age old Wisdom Tradition saying that is backed up by the latest advances in Quantum Theory: "What I hold in mind tends to materialize"

22. A Casual Fan

A Casual Fan Member+

Mar 22, 2000
    Wait, did I miss a promise?

23. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That might work for things you can control. We can't control the Revs FO. Holding in my mind that we're going to win MLS Cup every year doesn't make it happen.

24. soccertim

soccertim Member

Mar 29, 2001
    Mass
    Bobby had a lot of trouble getting the ball kid from behind the goal to give him the ball for goal kicks. I was hoping Tierney might take over that kid's role in upcoming matches.

25. soccertim

soccertim Member

Mar 29, 2001
    Mass
    He hasn't looked that healthy all year.