Revolution Stadium Groundbreaking "12-24 months" Part VII

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by Alan, Aug 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minutemanii

Minutemanii Member+

Dec 29, 2005
    Abington MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ha ha! Yes, I definitely can be one too! :)

2. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    How many of the other %66 do you think really understand what it is they don't approve of?

It doesn't have to go to the opposite extreme.

We've made strides this year, even if it hasn't resulted in many more points. Keep adding players, keep improving the ones that are here - rather than blow things up again and start over.

I don't think the good play earlier was an illusion, we were getting better. I still think the biggest challenge at the moment has to do with coaching - Heaps can and should get more out of this roster.

3. Crooked

Crooked Member+

May 1, 2005
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Making strides?

We lost Caraglio, Lekic, Zerka from last year's team. I'd love to see how Lekic/Caraglio would perform with a better midfield and striker partner, especially all the service/chances that Sene is receiving. Zerka was the type of player who would fit in much better with our new skilled, possession oriented attack.

We added Lozano and Moreno at our two most important positions and both players were epic busts. Cardenas, Lechner, White, and Runstrom have all been disappointing with the latter two having already been served their walking papers.

Nguyen and Sene have been are only two quality additions. Nguyen is the real deal, and I hope we can and are willing to pay him the money that he deserves next year. As for Sene, he's scoring goals which many people here note. I'm not a huge fan of his game, and question whether or not he's really an answer to our prodblems up top.

I'm still at the wait and see portion with Bengtson and Imbongo. Bengtson was a great signing IMO, and has the makings of a player who should succeed in this league. His performance at the Olympics along with his few Revs apeparances lead me to believe that this guy is a major part of the future of this club. As for Imbongo, he looks to be a "project" as mentioned by the FO, but a decent enough guy to keep on the bench and hopefully develop. I just don't understand why they're so willing to take a flyer on a foreign "project" like Imbongo who counts as a SI, while they won't take an equal risk on a young American through either the allocation order or the weighted lotteries.

Add up all of those things and I really don't think we're making strides. You and many others said the same exact thing last season, that we were finally improving, but that we all needed to be patient as it was a slow process. I'm trying to be patient, but it appears to me that we keep reinventing the wheel every offseason. I guarantee that we'll be looking for a center back (Coria, Lozano), a winger (Zerka, Cardenas), and a left back (Domi, Lechner) next offseason.

4. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1.) 64% of them are stupid. What a waste of public money. I don't give a crap of they want it. They're wrong. If they really wanted their kids to succeed and make the world a better place, they'd invest in education.
    2.) That post was way too political. I nominate it for selective editing

5. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't want to sidetrack this on the healthcare issue, but I am absolutely amazed that there are significant numbers of people who don't think the country and every single person living in it would be better off if everyone had health insurance. Even if it was a crappy plan from United Healthcare with high deductables and limited coverage.

6. Rangers Rob

Rangers Rob Member

Mar 30, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    One could think the above while still being opposed to the Affordable Care Act for any number of other reasons.

7. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Enough politics crap.

shanary repped this.
  8. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wait, still not SSS? OK,,,,just checking,,,,,close thread

9. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can we call this the "Anything but stadium talk thread version VII"?

10. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since there's nothing to talk about regarding this non-existent stadium...

Rangers Rob repped this.
  11. revsrock

revsrock Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    Boston Ma
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What happens first

1. New Fenway
    2. Revs Stadium
    3. Revs win MLS Cup
    4. LA Clippers win an NBA title
    5. Cubs win World Series
    6. Lions win Super Bowl
    7. Maple Leafs win Stanley Cup

RevsFanDan repped this.
  12. JDEsq09

JDEsq09 Member

Apr 12, 2011
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    6. Megatron.

13. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly my point.

14. Alan

Alan Titanium Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Massachusetts
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Apologies for the quick political detour. Must have upset the intricate balance of this thread where every third post is hijacked by ‘the usual suspects’ about our crappy team, our crappy front office, our crappy players, and our completely disinterested ownership -- beyond the eight other threads currently covering these topics.

[​IMG]

Is that what those bastards at CBSnews were trying to imply? Or maybe it was this ...

Meanwhile, back on track …

Only 114 days till the Big Annoucement.

Get ready to renew those season tickets, cause it’s coming!

15. Autogolazo

Autogolazo BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 19, 2000
    Bombay Beach, CA
    I'm still wondering what provoked the big Revs-related excitement last September during the Pats trip to Miami...that sure died off quickly.

16. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Before we go back on track (and since there's no stadium news), can I ask in a civil tone what exactly you hate so much about the afordable care act? I'm not exactly 100% behind it myself, but IMO it has some great provisions in there (along with 1 or two bad things).

17. Len

Len Member+

Club: Dallas Tornado
    Jan 18, 1999
    Everywhere and Nowhere.....I'm the wind, baby.
    Wait a minute. No roof? What a crap stadium.

Topher22 and Alan repped this.
  18. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Feel free to discuss this in a private conversation. Politics talk never ends well.

19. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    blah blah blah taxes this, taxes that. go ******** yourselves.

20. Alan

Alan Titanium Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Massachusetts
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Present company excluded of course, but most folks are locked in to their view, and have no real desire to see things from 'the other side'.

You'll be far better served with a bit of independent study, from the hundreds of sources available online, to discover what the exact objections to AHCA are, beyond the mindless 'the other side just wants to throw granny over the cliff' or 'the other side wants to deny everyone healthcare."

I hear ya brother ... 113 Days!!!!!

[​IMG]

21. Kraft Out

Kraft Out Member+

Aug 2, 2010
    Boston
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    GET THE DUCKBOATS READY!

22. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    It's rather discouraging to think about what the plan could have been if the pols were more interested in making something great instead of denying each other any kind of success.

It wasn't always this way.

23. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've done a lot of independent research, I only found 1 or two aspects I really didn't like. That's why I was asking. Oh well, back to stadium talk

.....nevermind

24. huskydeac

huskydeac Member+

Mar 31, 2009
    The people scanning tickets tonight were confused. There were a number of people who had tickets for both the Revs and the boxing, and they ticket people decided they should scan both. So I'm guessing attendance numbers were counted double for those with boxing tickets.

Rangers Rob repped this.
  25. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No it doesn't. His cap hit for this year was only $350k, so it will open up some pro-rated amount of that for this season.

Not that this team will use it.