Resurrection of the LA Aztecs

Discussion in 'NASL Expansion' started by Luis_Rancagua, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Darkwing McQuack

Darkwing McQuack BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 11, 2011
    Morrisville, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Caribous of Colorado will start before all of them. :D

2. MakingGoals

MakingGoals Member

Sep 12, 2013
    Not if Team Hawaii has something to say about that. And if you keep tempting me I'll have no more of it. It will be the San Diego Jaws for you sir all the way. And there will be no turning back - in 3D. ;)

3. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    I think a SoCal team in the NASL would work if it's in the right place like the Inland Empire. Heck, it's gotten so big that in some market studies/rankings Riverside & Co. are considered a separate market from LA and it's still in the top 20.

Put the team in the IE. Put another team in Fresno, and then you have a rival in another market without much competition and an obvious niche waiting to be met. The IE and Fresno aren't sexy like LA and San Francisco, but they won't get lost amid the competition in that market.

4. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep

Time to take US soccer to the next level !

[​IMG]

falvo and Darkwing McQuack repped this.
  5. ManuSooner

ManuSooner Member+

Nov 15, 2007
    Oklahoma City
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey there's already a team going in Jacksonville, why not resurrect...(wait for it)...THE TEAMEN!!!....yeah, maybe not

6. ManuSooner

ManuSooner Member+

Nov 15, 2007
    Oklahoma City
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah, someone should have had their testicles lanced with a rusty butter knife for designing that jersey...

The Irish Rover and brentgoulet repped this.
  7. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep

There's no tea in Jacksonville :ROFLMAO:

8. ManuSooner

ManuSooner Member+

Nov 15, 2007
    Oklahoma City
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Were there ever Rogues in Memphis? Oh wait...yeah there were

9. MakingGoals

MakingGoals Member

Sep 12, 2013
    (Just to note, for those unaware: Jacksonville Tea Men moved from Boston, where they were known as the Boston Tea Men).

Philadelphia Phantoms - now that sounds like an episode of Scooby Doo with the Harlem Globetrotters.

10. MakingGoals

MakingGoals Member

Sep 12, 2013
    California is very large and there are multiple locations that meet several criteria. There is potential across the state.

11. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    Correct, and their owner, the Lipton Tea Company, decided there was no money for rebranding, so they kept the Tea Men

12. MakingGoals

MakingGoals Member

Sep 12, 2013
    (Just making a typo correction, I meant to say New England Tea Men).

13. Chowda

Chowda Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Would a "LA Azteca" soccer team have issues with "La Azteca" Mexican restaurants in regards to copyright infringement?

14. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Considering it's LA Aztecs, not Azteca... I doubt it.

15. Chowda

Chowda Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    What is?

16. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The team name...

17. MakingGoals

MakingGoals Member

Sep 12, 2013
    Wherever there is a Target there is tea.

18. wellington

wellington Member

Jun 4, 1999
    Charlotte, NC
    Club:
    Charlotte
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Back then soccer was a fringe sport.

19. Flex Buffchest

Jan 25, 2010
    Orange County, California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As much as I'd love to see more soccer out here in Southern California, could a lower division team survive in the Los Angeles area? No question that the NASL definitely needs to expand out west. I'd, personally, love to see Orange County get a team. What are the rumors now about the return of the LA Aztecs? Is it dead? I haven't heard anything concrete lately. Like other major cities in the US, with the right ownership and attention, a team could do quite well in So Cal. Has anyone heard anything lately about NASL's expansion out west? Do you think a lower division team could thrive out here? From what I've heard, the LA Blues have their own issues, so I don't really know what to make of them. To be honest, if I didn't go on Bigsoccer, I wouldn't have even known they existed, and I live 10 min from Cal State Fullerton.

20. cflsteve

cflsteve Member

Jul 21, 2013
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    There are two LA teams Galaxy and Chivas who will be looking to place a team in the USL Pro, which the Galaxy is leaning towards, or maybe become affiliated with the Blues the only USL Pro team in LA/Orange County area.

The advantage that Orange County has is an already really soccer specific stadium in Titan stadium. 10K capacity as well as a natural grass pitch which is a good soccer pitch with a decent underground drainage system in place.
    Perhaps an NASL/NWSL synergy franchise if the Galaxy are not interested in the NWSL.
    Right now not a clue to how it will play out but having Titan Stadium already in place there will be no stadium issue

21. USFootiefan1980

LAFC
    United States
    Aug 19, 2005
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But the problem with Titan Stadium is that the aforementioned Blues already play there.

22. cflsteve

cflsteve Member

Jul 21, 2013
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    That is why it might be good for the Galaxy to affiliate with the Blues but keep them in the same venue but with the Srtikers and Blues W-Legue moving to the AEG soccer and track stadium a minor leauge galaxy club playing on an AEG field may make sense and could have some reasonable priced tickets for more of a family minor league soccer outing especially with the Galazy packing Stub Hub and with high end prices could be their marketing strategy.
    The secondary minor club holding clinics out or the Soccer and track stadium for cimmunity outreach

23. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Except the Galaxy have now revealed they're not affiliating with the Blues.

24. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Wouldn't mind seeing this again....
    [​IMG]

25. brentgoulet

brentgoulet Member+

Oct 12, 2005
    PuertoPlata, DomRep
    Some claim he was the 6th Beatle, next to Paul, Ringo, John, George and Ozzy :)

[​IMG]

USFootiefan1980 and falvo repped this.