Resurrecting the Pearcy 38 state map?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by HerthaBerwyn, Nov 17, 2011.

1. russ

russ Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Canton,NY
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I always thought Waters' disinclination to keep up musically with Gilmour and Wright was one of the main factors in the band's breakup.

2. HouseHead78

HouseHead78 Member+

Oct 17, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You must spread reputation....

MY brother loves that progressive art rock crap. Moving Pictures makes me want to throw Tron figurines or something at the stereo. And The Wall makes me want to curl up in the fetal position and cry for weeks.

Whoever wrote that song by Rush about the Forest and the Trees or whatever - a bit on the nose, don't ya think? It's the worst rock song ever and when it gets played back to back with "Freewill," kittens and puppies die all over the world. Might want to shoot yourself in the face for thinking of it.

3. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Nah. Girlfriend in a Coma. The Smiths.

I once had to spend 16 hours in a van driving to Colorado while listening to Pink Floyd's Animals playing, again and again and again. That was very bad, but I'm not sure that it was worse than listening to Girlfriend in a Coma once. I know it's supposed to be a self-parody joke so I guess I lack the requisite sense of humor ... but whatever, retch.

4. HouseHead78

HouseHead78 Member+

Oct 17, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    8th grade me liked that song. How did my friends not know I was gay?

5. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    If I were an artistic 8th grader, I would love that song. I would cut myself to it while crying.

6. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    They knew. They just didn't want to discuss it with you.

7. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They did.

8. crazypete13

crazypete13 Moderator
    Staff Member

May 7, 2007
    A walk from BMO
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    I can't believe we've got this far without the mention of the absolute suckitude of Meatloaf.

9. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good point. Since he is from Westport CT, Hudson gets his fat ass as well.

10. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    That Meatloaf existed is not a surprise. That people paid money to buy his albums is quite astonishing.

11. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    Meat Loaf

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meat_Loaf
    Only saw him once, in 1978, but I wouldn't throw him off the stage. I had expected him to much taller, in person. His body of work, over a lengthy & varied career, has had its highs & lows, but he has performed some classics. His partnership with Jim Steinman was most productive. I wouldn't want to judge him solely by his reality TV meltdown.

12. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I've never lived in the Midwest so maybe that's why I couldn't give a rat's ass about Springsteen or Cougar. But I'm totally down with Bob Seger. If the only song he ever wrote was this one, that's cool enough for me:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsSVcRYh8dE"]Bob Segar - Old Time Rock N' Roll - YouTube[/ame]

As much as it's been overplayed, it can still get a party going. And having grown up in the 70s I share his feelings for disco, so I forgive him for unnecessarily dissing tango.

13. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Oh, and Billy Joel may have composed a lot of garbage but he also composed some memorable songs.

14. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The perfect example of Bob Seger's crapness.

15. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CW5GRilRyE"]Bob Seger Makin' Thunderbirds - YouTube[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7r-V1id038"]Bob Seger - Fire Down Below - YouTube[/ame]

16. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    C'mon, man...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxtT24tvjYQ"]C'Mon Man! Week 13 (12012008) - YouTube[/ame]

Seger's a legend!

17. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fixed your post.

All we need now is for somebody from the mid-Atlantic region to start touting George Thorogood and then the cycle of crap will be complete.

18. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why would they do that when they have J Geils Band. And not that Centerfold bullshit. The real deal.

19. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    God he was crap, I'd listen to Taylor Swift any day over him. But on the bright side of the '70s, I refreshed myself on some Thin Lizzy the other day. Good band.

20. Kobranzilla

Kobranzilla Member

Sep 6, 2001
    NY F'in City
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bostons Own!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj6_BC7bRxo"]J. Geils Band "(Ain't Nothin' But A) House Party" - 8-21-2010 DTE - YouTube[/ame]

21. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    If someone had done that, I'd have gone nuclear and started posting Eddie Money videos in the hopes of totally destroying this thread.

22. Mr. Conspiracy

Mr. Conspiracy Member+

Apr 14, 2011
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is simply uncool to even mention let alone threaten! :eek:

23. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    First concert I ever saw was Eddie Money opening for Foghat. At the Cow Palace.

At the time I lived in an apartment building where hookers would sit bored on the steps and harass me with catcalls when I would come home after school. The girl who lived next door to me had a boyfriend who got arrested for rape and murder of an 80 year old. They let him off. But he was still a scuzz so one day the girl's dad held the boyfriend by the legs over the balcony and threatened to drop him headfirst to the concrete 10 feet below.

What I'm saying is ... the Foghat crowd was worse. That was when I truly learned how those bound for hell live their days on this earth.

24. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yesterday, I was waiting to get my hair cut at the local barber shop (we have those in Columbus) and overheard one of the barbers talking about how a friend had once given him a ticket to an REO concert at which Eddie Money was opening. He said Eddie Money actually rocked the pace much better than REO.

True story.

25. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did it have you sh-sh-shakin?